Jump to content

***2021 NFL PLAYOFFS - WILD CARD ROUND***


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

The replay was conclusive that Burrow released the ball before he went out of bounds. As it was called a touchdown on the field, it was automatically reviewed. 

We heard the whistle on the broadcast but it may not have been blown at that point in time we heard it on the broadcast.

That’s not how a live broadcast works. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

The replay was conclusive that Burrow released the ball before he went out of bounds. As it was called a touchdown on the field, it was automatically reviewed. 

We heard the whistle on the broadcast but it may not have been blown at that point in time we heard it on the broadcast.

As stated by the ref on tv, the whistle was blown while the ball was in the air and it should have been a replayed down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Hex said:

So then what's your take on what happened?

In short - the refs sucks.
 

But the long story is One of the refs blew the whistle as Borrow threw the ball.  If you watch he replay you can even see Burrow react negatively because he thought the ref blew the whistle too soon negating the TD. 

The refs should have called the play dead and replayed the down per the rules, but they didn’t because they’re horrible. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yup, as i said i thought raiders would be jumping around and complaining.

Raiders hanging in there a must td there.

can't really complain about that he was in bounds and whistle was blown same time the ball was caught ...it had zero effect on the play and the whistle shouldn't have been blown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

In short - the refs sucks.
 

But the long story is One of the refs blew the whistle as Borrow threw the ball.  If you watch he replay you can even see Burrow react negatively because he thought the ref blew the whistle too soon negating the TD. 

The refs should have called the play dead and replayed the down per the rules, but they didn’t because they’re horrible. 

That's becoming a more and more common explaination

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Icer said:

I'm all in favor of refs not blowing the whistle early, let it play out a bit

Honestly what they should do is in questionable plays to wait until it's a for sure.

Too many times have I seen the refs blow the whistle when the play wasn't done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Bugg said:

That old side judge is either drunk or senile. Either way he should be forcibly retired at half time. Inexcusable, and I bet the Bengals. 

Bogers crew is consistently the worst in the league

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, undertow said:

can't really complain about that he was in bounds and whistle was blown same time the ball was caught ...it had zero effect on the play and the whistle shouldn't have been blown.

Whistle was blown just before the ball was caught.  That ends the play.  Whether it had no tangible effect or not is not relevant at all.  Inadvertent whistle blown, play dead, play replayed.

At least that is how the raiders should approach it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Bugg said:

That old side judge is either drunk or senile. Either way he should be forcibly retired at half time. Inexcusable, and I bet the Bengals. 

The age and look of many nfl refs is astounding.  They are approaching court room bailiffs.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The age and look of many nfl refs is astounding.  They are approaching court room bailiffs.

Probably why they have no idea what they are doing, because they know a different age of NFL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...