***2021 NFL PLAYOFFS - WILD CARD ROUND***

24 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Call me the typical American sports fan then. I've tried to watch it. I truly have. But it does nothing for me.  I really don't care what the rest of the world finds entertaining.  I don't see the point.  And the World Cup is popular because it adds nationalism to an event that takes place once every four years.  If Football was a global sport and had a true world championship with games between countries once every four years, people in this country would be out of their minds. It would be the Super Bowl x 10.  

The World cup is popular because football is by far the most popular sport in the world, not because of nationalism.

Last years Champions League final - Which is a club competition - drew almost 400 million viewers. 

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

You are so wrong.

Well then everybody should give JD a pass because he took over a team so lacking in talent that it may have been 32 out of 32  and with this lack of talent, how would he ever find enough to build a team??????????? There is a reason that 50% of playoff teams don't repeat the following year and 50% are new teams.  The NFL has tremendous parity.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

The World cup is popular because football is by far the most popular sport in the world, not because of nationalism.

Last years Champions League final - Which is a club competition - drew almost 400 million viewers. 

We can agree to disagree on this point.  And regardless, the sport is not and never will be popular in this country.  

• Upvote 2

Kliff has looked very Ill tonight. Almost pasty through his tan, hair is thinner, he’s sweating. I mean this seriously. 
Hes not as acclimated to the suckage as say a Saleh is.

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

No doubt. Extremely talented, well coached.

But that team is leveraged to the hilt. They need to win a Super Bowl this year or next year. They have like no draft picks and very little money.

They’re legit Super Bowl contenders. I’d take that over rebuild number what, 3 for us in 10 years?

There are more ways to build a team than tear it to the ground, start from scratch and hope you did it good enough to contend before you find your own team in cap hell in 4-5 years if you draft correctly.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I get it. I used to be you.  I have been studying Spanish intensely the last few years and soccer is key to the culture.  Ive grown to respect it.  When Maradona passed, Argentina shutdown for  days.   That’s one of many examples.  

Soccer is popular worldwide because it has no barriers of cost. . Just a ball. It has no requirement for # of players. From 1 on 1 to full squads its still just soccer. You can play it almost anywhere on a field of any size.

• Upvote 2

Soccer is popular worldwide because it has no barriers of cost. . Just a ball. It has no requirement for # of players. From 1 on 1 to full squads its still just soccer. You can play it almost anywhere on a field of any size.
I played 3 on 3 football as a 9 year old

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...

20 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

We can agree to disagree on this point.  And regardless, the sport is not and never will be popular in this country.  

People have been saying Soccer is going to take over the country since Pele signed with the Cosmos in the 80s . lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

They’re legit Super Bowl contenders. I’d take that over rebuild number what, 3 for us in 10 years?

There are more ways to build a team than tear it to the ground, start from scratch and hope you did it good enough to contend before you find your own team in cap hell in 4-5 years if you draft correctly.

Well duh! Of course we would take being a Super Bowl contender over being in perennial rebuild mode. ?

The Jets tried to string out their window a little longer in the 2011–2012 timeframe but they found themselves in salary cap trouble, needing to let some players walk and being unable to replace them. In my opinion, you need to have a balance.

The Rams have literally nothing to work with for the next couple years. It is all or nothing right now. That’s fine, they are obviously a ready team. But they have to get it done now or the purge will have to start. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Gramsci said:

You mean soccer... & soccer is a popular world sport because it actually "Costs" Zero to play... a ball & feet ... that's it. .. so those in less economic countries can be involved as well.