***Official Black Monday Thread***

Doggin94it

11 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yup. Ross is a joke, love it. 

I heard Urban Meyer is available.. 

4 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Stephen Ross may be the only NFL owner dumber than Woody!

Until we immediately hired the guy he just fired, I thought the same. Currently consider it a toss up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

People are overrating Brian Flores. They threw a parade for that guy in 2019 when the team won 5 games and then the last 2 years his teams have come up short. 

The Jets are terrible and I felt they should have beat the Dolphins twice this year. Definitely the second game. 

I wouldn't have fired Flores, but the guy was 1-7 this year and then had an easy schedule to get back in the playoff race, once he faced a good team (Tennessee) he got destroyed and knocked out of the playoffs again. They've invested a lot of money and high draft picks in that team and they keep coming up short.

• Upvote 2

Apparently a big reason Watson wanted Miami was because of Flores. If that's true, I wonder if he'd have a change of heart about Houston if they hire Flores as HC. (yes, I realize they have a HC right now).

Either way, Flores will have an HC offer this cycle. If he accepts it, that's another story.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I wonder who the Bears bring in?

You have to think their main priority is getting someone from the offensive side to help with Justin Fields.

I can see the Vikings getting rid of Zimmer. Too much talent on that team for them to lose games at the end like they do. That’s on the CS.

Gotta think Leftwich should be high on their list.

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He just freaking swept Bill Bellichick and the Pats. Unless it comes out that Flores was running a child raping ring, I'm floored by this. 

I feel the same way. There has to be something we don’t know about, this firing can’t be “football” related.
Flores was the one thing I thought the Dolphins had going for them. I can’t believe this.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Because the Giants are run by bigger idiots than the Jets. The Giants magic is over. 

14 minutes ago, docdhc said:

Stephen Ross may be the only NFL owner dumber than Woody!

Sounds like there’s 2

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rangers1 said:

Haven’t seen anything on the news yet down here

also think they would be nuts to do that, fire a coach that beat his mentor twice his season, makes no sense

getting rid of Tua makes more sense

I get your point but the goal is to build a sustained winner. Not build a team that can beat Bill Belichick. That team has come up short in back to back seasons when they were supposed to be a playoff team. 

• Upvote 1