***Official Black Monday Thread***

Doggin94it

4 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Wow - has to be Harbaugh.  Flores is a great young coach.  He’s not going to be out of work very long.

Shefter is reporting it’s not Harbaugh.  That he doesn’t want to mess up his alma mater.  A complete dumbassed owner.

He’ll find a job as soon as he finds one he wants

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think Flores is particularly good, but I also think Flores is leaps and bounds better than Saleh.

I thought Flores did more with his roster than Saleh did this year but I’m willing to give more time. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Shelter is reporting it’s not Harbaugh.  That he doesn’t want to mess up his alma mater.  A complete dumbassed owner.

He’ll find a job as soon as he finds one he wants

You know who the Dolphins should hire if they want to win right away, and especially if they’re going to trade for Watson? Rex Ryan. 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

He just freaking swept Bill Bellichick and the Pats. Unless it comes out that Flores was running a child raping ring, I'm floored by this. 

3 straight if you go back to last year.

Dolphins are clueless

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Which one would you rather have?

One won 5 games his first season, the other won 4 in their first year.  

It’s so obvious

Theres no reason to hire the guy who was fired for some reason

Just now, T0mShane said:

I have trashed Flores, many times. Who would you rather have as your head coach?

It's kind of a dumb hypothetical.  My point is that Saleh is coming off his rookie season as a HC, where he did just as well as Flores did in year 1, and yet you're saying -- based on likely nothing other than your dependable shtick -- that Flores is "leaps and bounds" better than Saleh.  It's too early to say that, and I can't believe I have to waste time making that case.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

there was a report earlier that judge was meeting with mara around 9:30 or so. if he was getting fired it would have been reported by now you would think. 

My guess - the new GM will get his pick of coach...Possibly keeping Judge, possibly move on.

So Judge will have to sit back and wait.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I just heard on NFL Network the problem in Miami was friction between  Flores and the GM (Grier?).

I wonder if that’s Tua/Watson related or went deeper? Either way, I think Flores will get another job very quickly.

Flores probably told Grier what everyone else in the league knows except him, that Tua stinks.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know who the Dolphins should hire if they want to win right away, and especially if they’re going to trade for Watson? Rex Ryan. 

Get a QB who may not be able to play and even if he does bring in a ground and pound HC?  OK, I hate the fish more than any team

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

there was a report earlier that judge was meeting with mara around 9:30 or so. if he was getting fired it would have been reported by now you would think. 

You have heard Judge answer questions, right?  Mara has probably left the room twice already to piss.😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

My guess - the new GM will get his pick of coach...Possibly keeping Judge, possibly move on.

So Judge will have to sit back and wait.

If the rumors about Gettleman retiring are true, I wonder if the Giants want him and his staff to stay to run the draft this year?

If they do, I think Judge stays at least another year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Flores probably told Grier what everyone else in the league knows except him, that Tua stinks.

Lol. Who knows?
We usually agree on a lot of stuff, but I’m thinking the opposite with this one. I think Flores didn’t want to give up the capital to bring in Watson.

• Upvote 2

If the rumors about Gettleman retiring are true, I wonder if the Giants want him and his staff to stay to run the draft this year?

If they do, I think Judge stays at least another year.

Why the F would the Giants want Gettleman to run the draft? His “retirement” is him being pushed out 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

All 3 of these guys fired are good coaches. And have had success. We’ve seen this in college football too, like at Florida, if a team has an off season coaches can be quickly fired. 

Agreed. Nagy gets a raw deal but he has had competitive teams with guys like Trubisky and Dalton at QB. And Zimmer has had 10/11/13 win season and the "bad" years are like 8-8. And it's not like he has Aaron Rodgers as his QB. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why the F would the Giants want Gettleman to run the draft? His “retirement” is him being pushed out 

Why? Two reasons, neither are good for them.

1. I think their ownership right now isn’t much smarter than ours.

2. The current staff has already done a lot of the leg work. If the GM leaves now, the new hire is behind the 8 ball as far as the scouting area goes. Do they want the younger Mara running their draft?

Another thing, you have no idea whether he’s being pushed out or not. The guy is up there in years, has health concerns, and has talked about stepping down in the near future. He’s also very well liked by ownership.

Why? Two reasons, neither are good for them.

1. I think their ownership right now isn’t much smarter than ours.

2. The current staff has already done a lot of the leg work. If the GM leaves now, the new hire is behind the 8 ball as far as the scouting area goes. Do they want the younger Mara running their draft?

GMs are routinely fired on black Monday - the new GM always runs the next draft.

letting Dave G run the next draft would be insane to me 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Baseless speculation on my part:

I wonder if Flores wanted to move forward with Tua and the owner wants to go all in on Watson? 

So much for my speculation. Supposedly, Flores wasn’t a Tua guy 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Nope. Make the call right now. Based upon what you’ve seen, would you rather have Flores or Saleh? 

thats not fair. Miami has a better roster. im sure Saleh wins more than 4 games win Miami.

plus you are comparing one year of work over 3

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

If I'm the Giants, I'd have Flores on a place to NJ today.

Really ridiculous that Miami let Flores go...unless they have a proven guy they already have in place.

He overachieved with that team in his time there though.

• Upvote 2