***Official Black Monday Thread***

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Lol. Who knows?
We usually agree on a lot of stuff, but I’m thinking the opposite with this one. I think Flores didn’t want to give up the capital to bring in Watson.

Wouldn't it be funny, if the Texans hired Flores and Watson returned to the field as a Texan next season. That way, Flores would not have to give up ANY capital to get Watson.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

wow they won 7 of their last 9 and fired the head coach? dumb fcks.

27 minutes ago, ScouserJet said:

Shocked.

started bad, but he really turned it round, I thought they were actually really unlucky to not make the playoffs.

But that’s the industry for you. 

42 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Miamis Pete Carroll moment.  Who is their Kotite?

I’m with you guys. 

this seems like a crazy decision. If there was a power struggle, why would Ross pick Grier over Flores? Makes no sense on the surface. 

Dolphins fans are shocked 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Yep, fans are going crazy down here...the owner is in win now mode and he probably already has someone already lined up.  Don't be surprised to see Watson on this team next season and perhaps Antonio Brown too.  Brown is from down here and still lives here.  Owner is crazy enough to take a shot with him.

The Jets may not be any good yet, but for once I can say they are not a circus. They seem to be doing things the right way. Amazing how circus-like teams such as the Giants and Dolphins are starting to become!

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

GMs are routinely fired on black Monday - the new GM always runs the next draft.

letting Dave G run the next draft would be insane to me 

Let’s sit back and see how it plays out.

None of us here want them to “get this right”, so we should want JJ and DG to be there next year. ?

7 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Of all those W's other than the Patriots win not exactly murderers' row. Saints game was the Saints pee wee team. 

Right but the Dolphins are a middling team. How many more wins should they have had? If they didn’t blow the London game, they would have snuck into the playoffs this year. 

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Right but the Dolphins are a middling team. How many more wins should they have had? If they didn’t blow the London game, they would have snuck into the playoffs this year. 

I don't agree with firing a coach who had a winning season and swept Bill Belichick. I was just pointing out the teams they beat, sans the Patriots, were weak, and the best team they played smoked them. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, undertow said:

The fact so many people think Brian Flores is a good head coach proves people don't know what they are watching. lol  Miami deserves credit for having the balls to fire him a year early.

I tend to agree but in Flores favor he was fired by Stephen Ross. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, KRL said:

I don't like bringing up the race factor, but just wait until the "woke segment" of the
media rips into MIA for firing a black coach.  Its not going to be pretty 

You dont like bringing it up SO much, that you just like, brought it up anyway and were a penis face about it.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I tend to agree but in Flores favor he was fired by Stephen Ross. 

Meh we have no clue what the GM thinks and if they cut bait with Tua now it will prove they actually know what they are doing and are choosing not to waste another year to get to the same place anyway.

59 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

So much for my speculation. Supposedly, Flores wasn’t a Tua guy 

That would be some horrible leadership right there. We want to oust a guy with character and whom players play hard for, for a possible distraction that had to sit out a year for misconduct.

Spinal Tap level ownership there. 

Thank you Ross.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I have trashed Flores, many times. Who would you rather have as your head coach?

Can you really have made your mind up on Saleh after 1 year with a rookie QB, multiple injuries, and a very young roster?  At this point in time I’d rather have Saleh than blow everything up again for Flores. Time will tell who is the better coach but right now I’d stay the coarse. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, jbt said:

Flores out in Miami

Brian Flores is out as the Dolphins head coach, sources tell ESPN.

Sweet and bitter. Sweet because I hate Miami and Flores is a good coach. This plus drafting Tua over Herbert is proof that MIA doesn't know what the hell they are doing and will suck for years to come. Bitter because I like Flores and I feel like he got a raw deal. I'm puzzled how he was fired and a handful of coaches like Joe Judge are still employed. Flores was definitely a scape goat for ethier the GM or owner.