LDT needs to see to his medical career before returning to the NFL (it seems)

LIJetsFan

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’m not totally against this but Jets fans need to get over this obsession with finding the next Mawae/Mangold at center.

We’ve already devoted Top 15 picks to the OL in consecutive years and have a solid center in McGovern.

Our defense is straight up trash and the only worthwhile receivers under contract for next year are Moore and Davis, and I’d put money on Davis being a cap casualty in 2023.

If Douglas, as a former OL and supposed scout extraordinaire, can’t find a quality starting OL outside of the 1st round, then what is the f*cking use of this guy?

I know...you've got a point, and I get it.  Maybe we are looking for the next Mangold lol.

But I took heart in JD's comment today about continuing to 'build through the trenches'.  A great OL makes your QB, RB and WR's better.  A great DL makes your 'average' defensive backfield look like all-pros (i.e., see Trumaine Johnson).

I'm fine with drafting the best Edge and OL in round 1...if the scouts/JD think the players at those spots are good value.  WR would be a good substitute if the guys they want at those positions are gone, but prefer to dominate the LOS on both sides first.  CB's, LB's WR's, RB's and S's to me are a luxury if you cannot win upfront.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

This guy was a godsend when he came in for GVR... I wish him well in whatever he decides to do. Even if he stays, it doesn't change the fact that the JETS need to draft Linderbaum, Neal or Ekwonu. My pref is Linderbaum, because that would move McGovern to RG. Saves money and still gets us Edge/WR/TE in the first 2 rounds.

Sign Connor McGovern or James Daniels and the line is in good shape. Draft a mid round guy to be a potential starter. No need to waste valuable resources when you don’t need to 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

A great OL makes your QB, RB and WR's better. 

There’s also another train of thought that current GMs are starting to adapt that WRs and receiving TEs make the OL, QB, and RBs better by creating quick separation and getting open at a faster rate. Doing it this way you only need to find 2-3 guys who are good/great instead of 3-4 at OL. 

this way you only need average-above average OL play 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

16 hours ago, slats said:

They’d be better off targeting a guard in free agency. Save the premium picks for premium positions. 

Trade back BOTH picks.  Take Linderboom, WR Burks, and maybe get a #1 next year and a couple extra #2’s. We’d have 4 FOUR 2nd rounders. Walker/Spiller, McBride, LB Harris/ Smith, CB McDuffie. That’s a load of talent at positions of dire need.