Every Throw from Zach Wilson Week 18 vs Bills

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is such a cynical view and understanding.  it seems, the antizaxers view things this way.  I know I don't...

It's we want the team and our QB to do well, it seems most of y'all simply want to see the QB fail---it's a very strange take.

I ALWAYS want the best players on the field = ALWAYS - as I think most fans.  Other than this group of people that seem to have dug their heels in on disliking Wilson at all cost...

Coming away from the Buffalo game and saying he "Left Tons of plays on field" is just inaccurate...it's simply not the case...

Lastly, 

Find me a single person that has said he had was good this year????  It's just something you keep saying the fans that support him are saying - we're NOT...

It's simply not true.  He has been mostly bad.  I and every other person has said as much...

He certainly showed flashes and he showed undeniable progress in virtually every aspect of his game but he still has a long way to go.  Point to any "Zach Fan" that has said otherwise.  You want this to be about that, but it's not.  It's not one group says he's been great and another says he sucks...

I continue to have confidence that he will grow and become our FQB - but he is, without question, a work in progress.

i learned a while ago the worst thing to do as a fan is to get too invested against a player on my favorite team. once this happens, particularly in the age of message boards. you start rooting against the player out of a desire to be right, above your fandom of the team. several here fit in that category on ZW. They wanted a different QB in the draft and now are hell bent on being right, and lose objectivity. its a lose lose because at the end of the day nobody gives a crap about anyone being right on  a jets message board. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This is such a cynical view and understanding.  it seems, the antizaxers view things this way.  I know I don't...

It's we want the team and our QB to do well, it seems most of y'all simply want to see the QB fail---it's a very strange take.

I ALWAYS want the best players on the field = ALWAYS - as I think most fans.  Other than this group of people that seem to have dug their heels in on disliking Wilson at all cost...

Coming away from the Buffalo game and saying he "Left Tons of plays on field" is just inaccurate...it's simply not the case...

Lastly, 

Find me a single person that has said he had was good this year????  It's just something you keep saying the fans that support him are saying - we're NOT...

It's simply not true.  He has been mostly bad.  I and every other person has said as much...

He certainly showed flashes and he showed undeniable progress in virtually every aspect of his game but he still has a long way to go.  Point to any "Zach Fan" that has said otherwise.  You want this to be about that, but it's not.  It's not one group says he's been great and another says he sucks...

I continue to have confidence that he will grow and become our FQB - but he is, without question, a work in progress.

No one here is an antizaxer .... the difference is some of us can see the writing on the wall others are blinded to it because Zach happenes to be really talented physically but many of those super talented players never amounted to anything in the NFL and right now Zach does not seem to process information at the speed a QB needs to be successful, he's not even close. As bad as it was Sunday in so many different ways on offense I can't really remember when a QB in the NFL, no matter how bad the situation, had 55 net yards.

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

i learned a while ago the worst thing to do as a fan is to get too invested against a player on my favorite team. once this happens, particularly in the age of message boards. you start rooting against the player out of a desire to be right, above your fandom of the team. several here fit in that category on ZW. They wanted a different QB in the draft and now are hell bent on being right, and lose objectivity. its a lose lose because at the end of the day nobody gives a crap about anyone being right on  a jets message board. 

This is a good point but it goes both ways some fans become too invested in a player due to amazing measurables and talent and they can't get past the bad play on the field. I keep hearing Zach has improved because you know he's not throwing Int's anymore and with that being said he's not doing much of anything at all . TBH I would rather he sling the ball all over the field gain some yards for his team and take a few chances rather than play not to throw an Int . One game he had like 5 three and outs in a row but hey he certainly didn't throw an Int right ?

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Maybe this will help:

I am a NY Jets Fan.  For the most part, I could care less about the individual players.  I want the NY Jets to win a Super Bowl.  That is my lifelong sports dream and desire, a Jets Super Bowl in my lifetime.  I root the laundry, and have done so for close to 40 years now.

I don't care if it's Zack, or someone else, who plays QB for that Super Bowl of my dreams.  I'm not invested in specific players success.  If I think the guy currently playing QB isn't good enough, or more importantly, never will be, to get to that Super Bowl, then I want rid of him as fast as is humanly possible, so we can get someone else in that vital spot who might be the guy who can take us to that Super Bowl.

After considering Zach in the leadup to the draft, and all this season, at this point I do not see Zach Wilson as ever becoming a Super Bowl level Franchise QB.  So far, I think he's a bust.  

As such, I would want to see my team move on as soon as is possible and find that QB that will be the Man.

It really is as simple as that for me.  It's not personal.  Wasn't with Sanchez.  Wasn't with Darnold.  Isn't with Zach.  All three of them seemed to be good kids, honestly.  He's just not good enough and never will be, by my evaluation of him.

It would simply be illogical to want to keep investing in a QB I don't think will bring us the prize.  

Now, I'm not unrealistic or naïve either.  I am well aware Zach is here for the next two years, and I hope (as I say every time) he proves me wrong. 

He will need to do that on the field, with production, not on the forum, with White Knights and optimism.

He has been mostly bad.  

He still has a long way to go. 

He is, without question, a work in progress.

When I remove the usual fluff and future optimism, it sure sounds like you're not as far from me as you might think.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I still think we gave up on Lam Jones way too soon. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

This is a good point but it goes both ways some fans become too invested in a player due to amazing measurables and talent and they can't get past the bad play on the field. I keep hearing Zach has improved because you know he's not throwing Int's anymore and with that being said he's not doing much of anything at all . TBH I would rather he sling the ball all over the field gain some yards for his team and take a few chances rather than play not to throw an Int . One game he had like 5 three and outs in a row but hey he certainly didn't throw an Int right ?

I find your take on zw to be really puzzling. you were one who historically asked for talent to be put around a qb to fairly judge them.

you wanting him to sling the ball around without a proper grasp on the offense, doesnt make it right. IMO he shoukd have sat this year like Mahomes did, his offense was so different, our o line is suspect and we have weak WR's. 

that said, i get you have a small eval window.

will zw get it? got me, but i sure as hell hope so. i saw improvement even as the offensive situation got much worse.

i see very few saying its a sure thing he will be great, i see many more assuring he is a bust. nobody knows how much he will improve this offseason, and a lot of that is up to the work he puts in.

declaring him a bust, makes no logical sense to me for a jets fan unless you have another dog in the race, which many here do for various reasons

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

No one here is an antizaxer .... the difference is some of us can see the writing on the wall others are blinded to it because Zach happenes to be really talented physically but many of those super talented players never amounted to anything in the NFL and right now Zach does not seem to process information at the speed a QB needs to be successful, he's not even close. As bad as it was Sunday in so many different ways on offense I can't really remember when a QB in the NFL, no matter how bad the situation, had 55 net yards.

Look, I get it.  I do ...and don't mean to simply be argumentative.

While you think I'm blinded by his natural talent and the growth I've seen from him a player - I honestly believe you're completely blinded by your original position on him that you aren't seeing the real and substantial progress he's made.  

It's a tricky situation and I'm trying to see it from your point of view to find some middle ground here. I'm not arguing he's had a good season - never have.

I hate to keep using the Tampa game  (but it's obvious he was processing that game at a level we haven't seen from him before.  Getting through reads quickly and making accurate throws.  If you didn't see that - then that's simply where we're at an impasse that we're not going to get over until he's legit or gone...

I realize it's one game with a lot of awful behind it - but that's what I talk about growth.  Was that fluke? Or is he getting better?  I'm not sure yet - he has a long way to go still - but I'm confident that he's going to get there.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Maybe this will help:

I am a NY Jets Fan.  For the most part, I could care less about the individual players.  I want the NY Jets to win a Super Bowl.  That is my lifelong sports dream and desire, a Jets Super Bowl in my lifetime.  I root the laundry, and have done so for close to 40 years now.

I don't care if it's Zack, or someone else, who plays QB for that Super Bowl of my dreams.  I'm not invested in specific players success.  If I think the guy currently playing QB isn't good enough, or more importantly, never will be, to get to that Super Bowl, then I want rid of him as fast as is humanly possible, so we can get someone else in that vital spot who might be the guy who can take us to that Super Bowl.

After considering Zach in the leadup to the draft, and all this season, at this point I do not see Zach Wilson as ever becoming a Super Bowl level Franchise QB.  So far, I think he's a bust.  

As such, I would want to see my team move on as soon as is possible and find that QB that will be the Man.

It really is as simple as that for me.  It's not personal.  Wasn't with Sanchez.  Wasn't with Darnold.  Isn't with Zach.  All three of them seemed to be good kids, honestly.  He's just not good enough and never will be, by my evaluation of him.

It would simply be illogical to want to keep investing in a QB I don't think will bring us the prize.  

Now, I'm not unrealistic or naïve either.  I am well aware Zach is here for the next two years, and I hope (as I say every time) he proves me wrong. 

He will need to do that on the field, with production, not on the forum, with White Knights and optimism.

When I remove the usual fluff and future optimism, it sure sounds like you're not as far from me as you might think.

Thank you...I think this is a fair post.

We are actually pretty close it seems.  I think the difference really lies in I'm choosing to see the progress.  He's not Herbert or Burrow - that is clear.  

He wasn't nearly as ready as I originally thought/hoped (I have acknowledged this multiple times) Far more raw of a product than I suspect even JD thought...

But the progress I'm seeing is encouraging.  I've always said it's going to be a two steps forward, one step back thing.  And that is pretty much what we're witnessing. 

I also don't disagree with the idea of moving on as soon as you know - I was a Darnold fan, liked his first year, saw progress in the second - third year it was clear he actually regressed and I knew then it was time to move on.   I had little to no doubt he would fail in Carolina.

I can understand your position and don't disagree with it - we're just seeing the player slightly differently right now.

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is the type of game where the “weapinz” crew really loses me.  I truly believe that some think Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes are coming in to the exact same situation yesterday and dramatically changing the offensive output.  I personally think that is absurd.  

Does Zach need to improve a lot on his pocket presence and propensity to drift? Absolutely.  Should yesterday be the example to show that? Absolutely not.

I honestly don't know, when you talk about those type of guys.  Is it dramatically different?  Perhaps not.  But, did it need to be dramatically different?  I don't think so.  We were in this game for the majority of it.  I do believe a better, more seasoned QB, would not allow the defense to pin their ears back the way Buffalo did.  Do we really think Rodgers, in the same situation, gets sacked 9 times?

Zach's a rookie, it's not a condemnation, but the defense also game planned against a rookie they believed could not beat the pressure.  It, not unsurprisingly, worked.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

In fairness they should have introduced him to the receivers before the game. Having them shaking hands and meet for the first time in the huddle almost led to a delay of game penalty.  :)

The TV footage was horrible yesterday. They should have been showing the coverage consistently after these sacks. That is why I like going to the games, you choose what to watch.

Zach and his WRs were just following appropriate social distancing.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

I can't really remember when a QB in the NFL, no matter how bad the situation, had 55 net yards.

You must have a very short memory.

2 weeks ago, Giant QB Mike Glennon threw for a whopping NEGATIVE 10 net passing yards agains the Bears.

Nothing to be proud of but it happens.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

2 weeks ago, Giant QB Mike Glennon threw for a whopping NEGATIVE 10 passing yards agains the Bears.

I like to think he threw all the way around the world and came just 10 yards shy of making it the whole way.

• Haha 3

I think the kid is going to be special and finally deliver us the SB we've been waiting our lifetimes for.   He clearly grew as the year went on, understands what he has to improve, and has the drive/work ethic to be great.    '22 was a new system, a sub-par roster, 1st year OC, and zw was a rookie.     If he isn't in the top half of QB's next year then we have a problem but right now I am ecstatic that we are going into the off-season without a huge ? at QB.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

As bad as it was Sunday in so many different ways on offense I can't really remember when a QB in the NFL, no matter how bad the situation, had 55 net yards.

43 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

2 weeks ago, Giant QB Mike Glennon threw for a whopping NEGATIVE 10 net passing yards agains the Bears.

Not to keep piling on but Mac Jones threw for a whopping 19 net yards a few weeks ago.

It happens.  

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

So you know the exact play call and his first read ? Sorry but you really don't only people with that info is the coaching staff and the players. That being said a good QB would have read that play much quicker because by the time those players were in those positions on the field at the very least a few seconds had passed Zach held the ball to long rather than get half or more of the yardage needed for a first down which would have made it 3rd and short instead he put himself in a position to throw the ball away. Bravo !!

People need to stop defending really bad QB play ! I like Zach and would love for him to succeed but the fact is he's a talented kid that plays the position really bad. He's had a full season to improve and Jets fans are happy that he stopped throwing Int's but it does not worry them at all he's still a terrible QB.

1 second had passed

3:09 Receives the snap and checks to see if Cole is open
3:10 Comes off of that and checks the middle of the field. 55 passes Moses.
3:11 Escapes and throws it away

Screenshots with timestamps are attached. The problem with this play was Moses whiffing on 55

Is this the best example of Zach missing wide open receivers because of his slow processing? 

Slow processing was an issue earlier in the season, but has improved in the last few games. I guess we can agree to disagree. 

Screen Shot - 1.png

Screen Shot - 2.png

Screen Shot - 3.png

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Green hat said:

1 second had passed

3:09 Receives the snap and checks to see if Cole is open
3:10 Comes off of that and checks the middle of the field. 55 passes Moses.
3:11 Escapes and throws it away

Screenshots with timestamps are attached. The problem with this play was Moses whiffing on 55

Is this the best example of Zach missing wide open receivers because of his slow processing? 

Slow processing was an issue earlier in the season, but has improved in the last few games. I guess we can agree to disagree. 

Screen Shot - 1.png

Screen Shot - 2.png

Screen Shot - 3.png

So you're confirming he DIDN'T leave plays on the field.

See, this is what we need more of.  Not folks spouting whatever with no backup.  

Well done, Sir.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So you're confirming he DIDN'T leave plays on the field.

See, this is what we need more of.  Not folks spouting whatever with no backup.  

Well done, Sir.  

That was only 1 play, he definitely left others plays on the field as well (most QB's do, almost every game, it's part of the business), that still shot he provided, actually proves it perfectly and then you watch it in real time, and he had an eternity by NFL standards.  That ball is completed by 95% of the QB's in the NFL.  And that's ok, no need to lie to yourself about it and go through these silly mental gymnastics.  He was uncomfortable and out of sorts, it happens, hopefully he gets better.  I think he can. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Zach fans are so, so happy that Braxton Berrios missed this game so they could fall back on the weppinz excuse. They’ve been leaning on Mike White v. Buffalo to erase White’s performance against the Bengals and Colts, and the last thing they wanted was to watch the Bills paste-wax Wilson (which they would have, handily) even if he had Jerry Rice and Megatron in their primes lining up with him. The fact is that every receiver other than Berrios has looked like dogsh*t with Zach Wilson behind center, all year long, but, sure, it’s everyone else’s fault but the one common denominator. 

Maybe. White played great against both of those teams. He was totally  outclassed by Buffalo. All three of those things are true. 

Zach having Megatron and Jerry Rice in their prime wouldn’t have helped him? It’s possible, but not necessarily true. I do remember one time he threw  a really nice 50+ yard rope to Davis and he actually caught it fur a TD. Only once though. So who knows? Like to see more of that, hopefully next year he has little more than Mims, Black, Cole and Crowder   just for a few possessions next year when we play Buffalo. 

Yet, great QB’s elevate the players around them. I guess I can say Peyton Manning and Joe Montana in their primes couldn’t elevate Sundays squad. But that would be possible but not necessarily true. 

Berrios has the least drops of any receiver on the team and it’s not even close. So it makes sense he would help any QB out there. Zach was beyond horrible before he sat out. Silly Titans game was basically two great throws, terrible QB play and a bunch of dumb luck. Kid never actually never played 4 complete quarters of football before Tampa. 

Mike White deserves a chance to play some place anyplace, I think he earned that. If Mike White played yesterday? You think he would fair better than Zach? I honestly don’t know. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ZachEY said:

Smash, I love that you're learning from the past, but I think maybe the pendulum is swinging a bit to far in the opposite direction.

Wilson by no means had an impressive year.  It was downright terrible at times, but towards the end, there were some glimmers here and there.  Considering he's going to 100% be the uncontested starter next year (even if I disagree with that management decision), I think at least we can call this game with a patchwork line and no recognizable WRs, a wash, and focus on a pretty solid game the prior week against TB.

He's got a long way to go.  We'll know soon enough if he can get there.

Point taken EY I see exactly what you mean and I'm fine with giving him a wash in the Buffalo game. Part of this, as you said, was me hoping past QB's would amount to something and they didn't some had physical limitations some just could not process at the speed the NFL QB position demands. Am I taking all of that out on Zach ? Maybe some yes. 

When it comes to changing and improving I give Zach credit for the Buc's game until the end :) and I give him credit for limiting Int's in a big way. Maybe each step has to happen on its own. But I hate the rookie argument because so many rookies have not only had some impressive starts here and there but 3 in the last 5 years have had seasons that put them top 5 in the league while our QB struggles to throw check downs. Just hard for me to get past the inaccuracy on such short passes and constantly having to see receivers adjust routes, catch balls behind them and dive for balls. 

I hope all of this Improves but like you said past lessons tell me probably not. I hope I'm 100% wrong

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Maybe. White played great against both of those teams. He was totally  outclassed by Buffalo. All three of those things are true. 

Zach having Megatron and Jerry Rice in their prime wouldn’t have helped him? It’s possible, but not necessarily true. I do remember one time he threw  a really nice 50+ yard rope to Davis and he actually caught it fur a TD. Only once though. So who knows? Like to see more of that, hopefully next year he has little more than Mims, Black, Cole and Crowder   just for a few possessions next year when we play Buffalo. 

Yet, great QB’s elevate the players around them. I guess I can say Peyton Manning and Joe Montana in their primes couldn’t elevate Sundays squad. But that would be possible but not necessarily true. 

Berrios has the least drops of any receiver on the team and it’s not even close. So it makes sense he would help any QB out there. Zach was beyond horrible before he sat out. Silly Titans game was basically two great throws, terrible QB play and a bunch of dumb luck. Kid never actually never played 4 complete quarters of football before Tampa. 

Mike White deserves a chance to play some place anyplace, I think he earned that. If Mike White played yesterday? You think he would fair better than Zach? I honestly don’t know. 

14 other QB's were totally outclassed by Buffalo but some are not willing to give him the pass for one bad game. Its really a shame he had that pinched nerve vs the Colts

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Point taken EY I see exactly what you mean and I'm fine with giving him a wash in the Buffalo game. Part of this, as you said, was me hoping past QB's would amount to something and they didn't some had physical limitations some just could not process at the speed the NFL QB position demands. Am I taking all of that out on Zach ? Maybe some yes. 

When it comes to changing and improving I give Zach credit for the Buc's game until the end :) and I give him credit for limiting Int's in a big way. Maybe each step has to happen on its own. But I hate the rookie argument because so many rookies have not only had some impressive starts here and there but 3 in the last 5 years have had seasons that put them top 5 in the league while our QB struggles to throw check downs. Just hard for me to get past the inaccuracy on such short passes and constantly having to see receivers adjust routes, catch balls behind them and dive for balls. 

I hope all of this Improves but like you said past lessons tell me probably not. I hope I'm 100% wrong

I'm still bearish on Wilson overall and my biggest concerns, I'm not sure are fixable, but I think he finally, finally, gave me at least an indication as to why he was drafted where he was.  I called him a flag football QB for most of the year, and we saw that again against the Bills when he had no idea what to do w/ the pressure.  Can he become a pro QB?  I'm not terribly optimistic, but I at least feel a little better about him even being the guy next year.

Best I got.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Part of this, as you said, was me hoping past QB's would amount to something and they didn't some had physical limitations some just could not process at the speed the NFL QB position demands. Am I taking all of that out on Zach ? Maybe some yes. 

This has been my point most of the year. And it totally makes sense from our perspective. We have seen Sanchez, Geno, Hackenberg (couldn't even get on the field), and Darnold all fail to develop into legit NFL QBs over the past decade. Hence, a lot of folks already have one foot out the door when it comes to Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I'm still bearish on Wilson overall and my biggest concerns, I'm not sure are fixable, but I think he finally, finally, gave me at least an indication as to why he was drafted where he was.  I called him a flag football QB for most of the year, and we saw that again against the Bills when he had no idea what to do w/ the pressure.  Can he become a pro QB?  I'm not terribly optimistic, but I at least feel a little better about him even being the guy next year.

Best I got.

Let me ask you this ... Do you think a Zach Wilson Mike White Competition would be good for Zach even though we know it probably wont happen ? 

Funny.... teams worry about the psyche of their young QB's in a league where it probably needs to be tested more often than not.

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This has been my point most of the year. And it totally makes sense from our perspective. We have seen Sanchez, Geno, Hackenberg (couldn't even get on the field), and Darnold all fail to develop into legit NFL QBs over the past decade. Hence, a lot of folks already have one foot out the door when it comes to Wilson. 

One thing none of those QB's ever had the luxury of playing with is a dominant RB or Running game for that matter. Other than Mark Sanchez

I have changed my opinion on Michael Carter but I have not changed my opinion he should not be a fulltime RB. I think the Jets should target a true 3 down back in the draft or possibly even FA if one is available and let Michael Carter focus more on the passing game and sweeps. So you can give that 3 down back the bulk of the carries and let Carter get his 10 - 15 touches per game mostly as a receiving back. IMHO that would help a QB like Zach in a big way along with getting a true Number 1 WR another toy we never had other than that one year with Brandon Marshall. Yes we do have to upgrade our weapons then there can be no excuses.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Let me ask you this ... Do you think a Zach Wilson Mike White Competition would be good for Zach even though we know it probably wont happen ? 

Funny teams worry about the psyche of their young QB's in a league where it probably needs to be tested more often than not.

Zach being handed the starting job with no competition and no plan B was the biggest mistake made this year. He should have had to fight for it. It’s a shit Shane he had to get hurt for us to see what this team could do and that LaFleur isn’t a total  dumb ass. He did get better after that. Should have sat beginning of year. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

One thing none of those QB's ever had the luxury of playing with is a dominant RB or Running game for that matter. Other than Mark Sanchez

I have changed my opinion on Michael Carter but I have not changed my opinion he should not be a fulltime RB. I think the Jets should target a true 3 down back in the draft or possibly even FA if one is available and let Michael Carter focus more on the passing game and sweeps. So you can give that 3 down back the bulk of the carries and let Carter get his 10 - 15 touches per game mostly as a receiving back. IMHO that would help a QB like Zach in a big way along with getting a true Number 1 WR another toy we never had other than that one year with Brandon Marshall. Yes we do have to upgrade our weapons then there can be no excuses.

Agreed. 

I suspect we'll pick another RB in this draft. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Lastly, 

Fidelio my biggest concern with Zach is his accuracy and that's something you either have or you don't. I'm not sure how you teach an NFL QB how to hit RB's in stride from 5-10 yards out. 

Decision making can be learned and I think he has Improved in that category but the accuracy issues are very troubling to me because that's not something you should be learning at this stage. The easy things are what a rookie should be falling back on .Right ?

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Agreed. 

I suspect we'll pick another RB in this draft. 

I have not followed the college game much the last few years are there any RB's that can carry the load like (may we be so lucky) a Jonathan Taylor :) ...Imagine that back field and what it would do for our rookie signal caller

• Upvote 1

QB's in recent times that made big leaps after underwhelming rookie years:

Matt Stafford

Jared Goff

Derek Carr

Josh Allen (3rd year)

This is based off of PFF's review of the players. These are the guys who I looked at who had bad rookie years (according to PFF) that then turned their careers around and "made it" as a QB in the NFL. There might be more examples, but these are the ones I was looking at. 

I still think the talent is there with Zach Wilson and I really do think we will see a nice jump in his performance in year 2. It might not be a massive jump, but hopefully he can make a sizable improvement in year 2 and then another one in year 3. Just keep adding weapons, lineman, etc around him and put him in the best position to succeed. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Smashmouth said:

I have not followed the college game much the last few years are there any RB's that can carry the load like (may we be so lucky) a Jonathan Taylor :) ...Imagine that back field and what it would do for our rookie signal caller

I'm not the guy to ask. I've been looking at WRs, edge, OL, and defensive backs. 

Yes, where do I sign for Jonathan Taylor!

• Upvote 1