Jump to content

WORDLE - the newest craze


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks homie Wordle 213 1/6 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 218 4/6* ⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨 🟨⬛⬛⬛⬛ ⬛🟩🟩🟨⬛ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩   I think the little asterisk means Bill Bellichick is now playing Wordle. 

For anyone looking for more than one puzzle a day, there is an app on IPhone called “Wordus” that is this game with unlimited puzzles a day.

Posted Images

Today was tough but I got it on 3rd attempt based on luck more than skill.

Today and another day earlier this week are not common American words by a long shot.  I was shocked I got todays.  I didn’t get the one earlier this week that was very British centric.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Today was tough but I got it on 3rd attempt based on luck more than skill.

Today and another day earlier this week are not common American words by a long shot.  I was shocked I got todays.  I didn’t get the one earlier this week that was very British centric.

I took an extra guess in today’s dimly because I talked myself out of the right word. Seemed absurd.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Dude...you're not supposed to ruin the word for everyone else!

I dont think its the same word...

I just introduced this to my entire team, nobody had the same word.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I dont think its the same word...

I just introduced this to my entire team, nobody had the same word.

My word was the word you used in your post.  Everyone in my office who plays also had that word.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

My word was the word you used in your post.  Everyone in my office who plays also had that word.

Sorry but that is strange.  I just introduced it to 4 people and all 4 had a different word. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Per everything I've read, it is one word a day and everyone gets the same word.  One of the reason's why it's so popular is that everyone plays on an even playing field.  I probably play with 10 people and not once has anyone had a different word.

 

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/wordle-explained-tips-the-perfect-start-word-and-everything-you-need-to-know/

 

 

Quote

 

So it's just a word game? Big deal...

Yeah, it's just a word game. But it's super popular: Over 300,000 people play it daily, according to The New York Times. That popularity may sound perplexing, but there are a few tiny details that have resulted in everyone going absolutely bonkers for it.

There's only one puzzle per day: This creates a certain level of stakes. You only get one shot at the Wordle. If you mess up, you have to wait until tomorrow to get a brand new puzzle. 

Everyone is playing the exact same puzzle: This is crucial, as it makes it easier to ping your buddy and chat about the day's puzzle. "Today's was tough!" "How did you get on?" "Did you get it?" Which takes us to the next point...

It's easy to share your results: Once you've successfully or unsuccessfully done the puzzle for the day, you're invited to share your Wordle journey for the day. If you tweet the image, it looks like this...

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Per everything I've read, it is one word a day and everyone gets the same word.  One of the reason's why it's so popular is that everyone plays on an even playing field.  I probably play with 10 people and not once has anyone had a different word.

 

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/wordle-explained-tips-the-perfect-start-word-and-everything-you-need-to-know/

 

 

 

Bizarre, we all had different words.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JiFapono said:

@IndianaJet - I have not had shire as a word.

Maybe some people get the same word, some dont?  lol  This is one of life's greatest mysteries. 

 

 

The only thing I can guess is that your not using the right game.  There are plenty of fakes out there now.  If you downloaded an app for your phone then it’s not the right game.  The “real” Wordle is browser based.  The only way to play is to go to the link copied below.  Anything else is a fake.  Any app downloaded for iOS or android is fake. 
 

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

The only thing I can guess is that your not using the right game.  There are plenty of fakes out there now.  If you downloaded an app for your phone then it’s not the right game.  The “real” Wordle is browser based.  The only way to play is to go to the link copied below.  Anything else is a fake.  Any app downloaded for iOS or android is fake. 
 

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/
 

 

This is the only way I play, and the only way I've shown others to play, we all get different words.  lol

Old School 1980S GIF by FILMRISE

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

This is the only way I play, and the only way I've shown others to play, we all get different words.  lol

Old School 1980S GIF by FILMRISE

I don’t know what to tell you.  Everyone in the ENTIRE world gets the same word.  It’s the whole point of the game. 
 

EXCEPT you and your friends. You all get different words.  Cause you’re special. 
 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I don’t know what to tell you.  Everyone in the ENTIRE world gets the same word.  It’s the whole point of the game. 
 

EXCEPT you and your friends. You all get different words.  Cause you’re special. 
 

 

lol well, I'm not lying.  So I dont know what to tell you but I love that you're getting frustrated over this.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...