WORDLE - the newest craze

51 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Today was tough but I got it on 3rd attempt based on luck more than skill.

Today and another day earlier this week are not common American words by a long shot.  I was shocked I got todays.  I didn’t get the one earlier this week that was very British centric.

I took an extra guess in today’s dimly because I talked myself out of the right word. Seemed absurd.

• Sympathy 1

Per everything I've read, it is one word a day and everyone gets the same word.  One of the reason's why it's so popular is that everyone plays on an even playing field.  I probably play with 10 people and not once has anyone had a different word.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/wordle-explained-tips-the-perfect-start-word-and-everything-you-need-to-know/

So it's just a word game? Big deal...

Yeah, it's just a word game. But it's super popular: Over 300,000 people play it daily, according to The New York Times. That popularity may sound perplexing, but there are a few tiny details that have resulted in everyone going absolutely bonkers for it.

There's only one puzzle per day: This creates a certain level of stakes. You only get one shot at the Wordle. If you mess up, you have to wait until tomorrow to get a brand new puzzle. 

Everyone is playing the exact same puzzle: This is crucial, as it makes it easier to ping your buddy and chat about the day's puzzle. "Today's was tough!" "How did you get on?" "Did you get it?" Which takes us to the next point...

It's easy to share your results: Once you've successfully or unsuccessfully done the puzzle for the day, you're invited to share your Wordle journey for the day. If you tweet the image, it looks like this...

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Per everything I've read, it is one word a day and everyone gets the same word.  One of the reason's why it's so popular is that everyone plays on an even playing field.  I probably play with 10 people and not once has anyone had a different word.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/wordle-explained-tips-the-perfect-start-word-and-everything-you-need-to-know/

Bizarre, we all had different words.

9 hours ago, JiFapono said:

@IndianaJet - I have not had shire as a word.

Maybe some people get the same word, some dont?  lol  This is one of life's greatest mysteries. 

The only thing I can guess is that your not using the right game.  There are plenty of fakes out there now.  If you downloaded an app for your phone then it’s not the right game.  The “real” Wordle is browser based.  The only way to play is to go to the link copied below.  Anything else is a fake.  Any app downloaded for iOS or android is fake. 

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

The only thing I can guess is that your not using the right game.  There are plenty of fakes out there now.  If you downloaded an app for your phone then it’s not the right game.  The “real” Wordle is browser based.  The only way to play is to go to the link copied below.  Anything else is a fake.  Any app downloaded for iOS or android is fake. 

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/

This is the only way I play, and the only way I've shown others to play, we all get different words.  lol

Old School 1980S GIF by FILMRISE

12 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

This is the only way I play, and the only way I've shown others to play, we all get different words.  lol

Old School 1980S GIF by FILMRISE

I don’t know what to tell you.  Everyone in the ENTIRE world gets the same word.  It’s the whole point of the game. 

EXCEPT you and your friends. You all get different words.  Cause you’re special. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I don’t know what to tell you.  Everyone in the ENTIRE world gets the same word.  It’s the whole point of the game. 

EXCEPT you and your friends. You all get different words.  Cause you’re special. 

lol well, I'm not lying.  So I dont know what to tell you but I love that you're getting frustrated over this.