WORDLE - the newest craze

12 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

I don’t know how to post the pic, got todays in 3 tries

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

click this little bar graph thing at the top of the screen:

image.png.5d6eb8102748ba1b7e192a2ad1d26a82.png

You'll get a pop up with your stats from past games but also a "share" button.  When you click the "share" button it copies your result for the day to your clipboard.

Then, all you need to do to share the results here or other places like Twitter, FB etc., his hit "paste".

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I haven't tried this yet. To be clear - I have no problem w/anyone posting in a thread about wordle. I just want to let y'all know that no one on social media gives a flying F about your wordle score. I see a lot of people posting on twitter and fb - going to start blocking them.

GFY!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I haven't tried this yet. To be clear - I have no problem w/anyone posting in a thread about wordle. I just want to let y'all know that no one on social media gives a flying F about your wordle score. I see a lot of people posting on twitter and fb - going to start blocking them.

translation: I suck at these   :)

This one is pretty good BTW:  

Wordle 214 2/6

?
?????

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, jago said:

i tried this last two days. today lucked into it in 2.
how does that scoring work and why dont i see it on mine?
do you have to subscribe?

See here instructions below ⬇️ let's you see your stats and share your results for the day.  

21 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

click this little bar graph thing at the top of the screen:

image.png.5d6eb8102748ba1b7e192a2ad1d26a82.png

You'll get a pop up with your stats from past games but also a "share" button.  When you click the "share" button it copies your result for the day to your clipboard.

Then, all you need to do to share the results here or other places like Twitter, FB etc., his hit "paste".

Wordle 215 3/6

??
???
?????

Tricky tricky today....

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

See here instructions below ⬇️ let's you see your stats and share your results for the day.  

Wordle 215 3/6

??
???
?????

Tricky tricky today....

ah ok i had the wrong website.
this one showed the score
https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/
my quick win yesterday is not recorded. dang.

Wordle 215 3/6

??
???
?????

3 hours ago, Dcat said:

it all starts with the first word you place.

I usually use the same word to start with, then, like today, when I get no hits on the vowels in that word, I try to find a word with two of the other three vowels in it to use as my second guess.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Wordle 216 3/6

?
?
?????

I’ve come up with a good process that is leading to good results.  

Is your process the following:

The 1st 2 guesses should use distinct letters and help you identify which vowels are in the word.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Is your process the following:

The 1st 2 guesses should use distinct letters and help you identify which vowels are in the word.

I use the same word to start on every game.  It has two vowels and three very common consonants. My second word will all depend on what comes up after the first word.  Like today, if none of the vowels hit, I’ll play a second word with two of the other vowels. 

12 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Play on hard mode you cowards

I don’t understand why hard mode is supposed to be “hard”. Except for today when I had a brain fart on my second guess, that’s how I usually play anyway.  Why would you not use the letters you know are there in the next guess?

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So what are peoples current and/or best streak and win %?

I just started doing this a less than two weeks ago.  I’m 82% (9/11) and on a streak of 7. 

Would I sound like a jerk if I say I haven’t missed yet? ?  (I probably just jinxed myself)

But, I was in Vegas last weekend and didn’t play for a couple of days…so it’s not really a streak. 

Wordle 217 6/6

??
?
???
????
????
?????

Today’s was brutal. My wife over my shoulder with 100 questions in how to play, even though she doesn’t actually care … key take-away: this game is for when lm pooping.

I also do the NYT daily mini in their crossword app. It’s great.

• Haha 1