WORDLE - the newest craze

13 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So what are peoples current and/or best streak and win %?

I just started doing this a less than two weeks ago.  I’m 82% (9/11) and on a streak of 7. 

I’ve gotten it every day, but it treats me like a guest so I don’t see my overall stats. Is there a login I’m not seeing?

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’ve gotten it every day, but it treats me like a guest so I don’t see my overall stats. Is there a login I’m not seeing?

Every time you complete a the puzzle it should show you a quick status that shows your streak, win percentage and a bar graph showing how times you got a puzzle right on which guess.

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Every time you complete a the puzzle it should show you a quick status that shows your streak, win percentage and a bar graph showing how times you got a puzzle right on which guess.

It does, but it always appears as my first. I just looked a d that tab is open incognito, so it’s probably not carrying over due to cookies, etc

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No login.

It won't track your stats if you're in incognito/private browsing mode since it tracks stats with cookies.

Also, if you play on different devices your stats won't track across devices.  This does open things up to a level of "cheating" so to speak.  You could use your desktop/laptop to play and figure out the word, then go play on your phone and "miraculously" get the word on your second try.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It does, but it always appears as my first. I just looked a d that tab is open incognito, so it’s probably not carrying over due to cookies, etc

Ah, yep I would guess you are correct.

I’m a 4th guesser pretty consistently including today.

Wordle 217 4/6

?
??
??
?????

89B627BF-D586-41B5-AEF8-F044238D2AF1.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

I don’t understand why hard mode is supposed to be “hard”. Except for today when I had a brain fart on my second guess, that’s how I usually play anyway.  Why would you not use the letters you know are there in the next guess?

lol yeah it’s not really that much harder. But it does prevent you from using some process of elimination strategies, like using two completely different words to start or moving letters around if you already found them in the correct spot, etc.

14 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Wordle 217 6/6

??
?
???
????
????
?????

Today’s was brutal. My wife over my shoulder with 100 questions in how to play, even though she doesn’t actually care … key take-away: this game is for when lm pooping.

I also do the NYT daily mini in their crossword app. It’s great.

You poop on newspaper? I assumed you were yard trained by now.

• Haha 2

On 1/19/2022 at 1:42 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I haven't tried this yet. To be clear - I have no problem w/anyone posting in a thread about wordle. I just want to let y'all know that no one on social media gives a flying F about your wordle score. I see a lot of people posting on twitter and fb - going to start blocking them.

Wordle 218 4/6

??
??
???
?????

I've gotten it on 4 guesses all 4 times I've played.  

On 1/20/2022 at 12:53 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

My first time playing it.  I didn't even realize what I was doing on the first 2 moves

Wordle 215 4/6

?
?
?
?????

Me too, LOL!  I just entered random letters like Wheel of Fortune, but it wouldn't submit. 

My third or fourth time typing random letters I somehow spelled 'stamp' without even realizing it! 

Then the rules became clear. 

45 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Ok. That legit took me 10 minutes to come up with that 4th guess. Hard one today. 

Wordle 219 4/6*

??
???
?????

Very hard. First time I needed 6 guesses. I just wasn’t seeing it at all.

Wordle 219 6/6

??
??
?
??
???
?????

• Upvote 1