Folorunso Fatukasi

Jetlife33

I definitely want him back. He plays his ass off and is a great locker room guy. However it depends on his cost. 5 Million or less per year for 3 years and I would pull the trigger. Anything higher than that and I would look at other options.

Yes, def want to keep him.  Offer 3 year $16 guaranteed with up to 4 and $22.  Should be good to get it done and not break the bank.  He's solid and dependable for sure.  Can grow like Snacks too maybe.

It will be interesting to see if Douglas brings Fatukasi back.  Because with the big
contracts of Lawson, Franklin-Myers, the #1 pick and the coming extension of Williams
how much cap space does Douglas want to invest in the DLine

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Foley's a good player but not as good as Snacks. I bet he gets a good offer from the Jets. Whether he thinks it's enough is another question. 

I'm guessing we make him a good but not great offer, then he gets a much bigger offer in FA and leaves.

Would love to keep him, but we have a lot of money tied up in the DL already and I don't think we can pay what it will cost to keep Foley.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He had his chance to score big this year and failed like our whole dline failed.

I've liked the player but no way am i overpaying for him.

32nd ranked defense total yardage, 29th ranked run defense, 32nd ranked scoring defense

There is not one player on D who is a fa that is a must keep.  Not one.

Yeah I'd have to agree with this. 

He was an excellent - if not dominant - run stopper last year, but if they're going to lock into a scheme that makes him so much less effective, then there's not much need to fall over ourselves to extend him.

This D, with this personnel, is an embarrassment. No need to preserve it. 

• Upvote 2

I’m sure the Jets will make him an offer as a rotational player but they are not spending big on him so most likely he will test FA and be gone. Franklin Myers is going to get pushed inside because we have Lawson coming back and most likely a first round draft pick edge. They are not overpaying for a guy who most likely wouldn’t start next year. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, KRL said:

It will be interesting to see if Douglas brings Fatukasi back.  Because with the big
contracts of Lawson, Franklin-Myers, the #1 pick and the coming extension of Williams
how much cap space does Douglas want to invest in the DLine

Gotta think that the plan is to move JFM inside. Probably drafted Marshall last year realizing both Foley and Sheppard are FA's. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

It would be nice for the Jets to at least retain drafted players that somehow, amazingly enough, actually turn out to be good. A 6th round pick that developed into a pretty damn good player. 10 million plus does sound nuts though, just wish there was a way to keep him. 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2022 at 2:01 PM, Jetlife33 said:

Bring back Foley. Late draft pick, even though it was Mac’s. He deserves a second contract here. I’d be upset if he goes elsewhere. 

I agree,

At some point, we will have to retain our own decent players (However few of them we have) I am not saying that Foley is awesome but from what I've read, he is a big team presence in the locker room. I would absolutely start retaining our guys. 

22 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

I agree,

At some point, we will have to retain our own decent players (However few of them we have) I am not saying that Foley is awesome but from what I've read, he is a big team presence in the locker room. I would absolutely start retaining our guys. 

If we were winning, i'd agree. But they were terrible.

Like I said, nice guy but his "presence" did nothing for them. Your ra-rah speeches every week eventually get toned out when you're getting smacked on the field. 

• Upvote 1