Joe D and Robert Saleh season ending press conference 1/10

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Only thing that maybe was interesting was when JD was asked about how he wants to build the team..

He said in the trenches..

Now, not that that's not new to him - It does leave open the idea that he can go OL in the first round again. 

Or via FA, though less likely given the cost factor

• Upvote 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Only thing that maybe was interesting was when JD was asked about how he wants to build the team..

Now, not that that's not new to him - It does leave open the idea that he can go OL in the first round again. 

I think the possibility that we go with Evan Neal, Icky Ekwonu or Charles Cross at 4 is legitimate.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No doubt.  I said something similar above.

Winning "bully ball" on both sides of the line seems to be what the Jets want to do.  Continued investment in the OL and DL almost seems guaranteed.  JD used 1st round picks in two consecutive years on OL.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, heymangold said:

From 2 wins, to 4 - I think a realistic goal would be 7 next year.  I just wanna see the jets on the “in the hunt” section late in the season next year.

I just don’t want to go into each weekend thinking we have little to no chance of coming out with a win.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

8 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm just worried it means Joe D will be looking among ditch diggers for even more budget lineman

• Post of the Week 1

Ikem Ekwonu. Jermaine Johnson II. 

• Both trench players - Ekwonu played the wide zone in college
  • Likely to increase their stock @ the combine
  • Both have reputations for physicality and aggressiveness 

If you don't re-sign Moses, you can go into camp with Fant on a one year deal and, and Becton & Ekwonu competing for two spots. 

Move JFM back inside.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think the possibility that we go with Evan Neal, Icky Ekwonu or Charles Cross at 4 is legitimate.

Please tell me that's a WR who catches everything so that when we draft him we can call him "Sticky Hands Icky", or just "Sticky Icky".

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1