Jump to content

Joe D and Robert Saleh season ending press conference 1/10


Joe W. Namath
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When was the last time we rebuilt?  The answer is never.

Being crappy, taking qbs high in the draft is not a rebuild.

Jet fans keep making this mistake by thinking that because we have sucked for so long, we must be rebuilding for that long too.  We havent.

This is the 1st time in franchise history we are doing a real rebuild.  Saleh even said in a press conference that Jet fans dont understand whats going on because they have never seen a rebuild.  And he is 100% right.

I see your point, but the term rebuild has been thrown around so much. I have seen so much losing that I guess I didn’t understand what they are doing. It does seem to me that every time they changed gm’s and coaches, drafted new quarterbacks that’s what they were doing

well I hope they know what they are doing 

enough losing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Franchise history?  What did the peng-a-win do in 2006?  What did Walt do?  Idzik and Maccagnan combined for a rebuild.  Lack of success does not indicate lack of a rebuild.  Plenty of people erect crappy buildings.

66086632.jpg

Idzik was here for less then 2 years.  You cant do a real rebuild if your not even at your job for less then 2 years.

In McCagnan's 1st year he brought back Derelle Revis and signed Brandon Marshall and Ryan fitzpatrick.  

Thats not rebuilding.  Thats signing aging guys to win now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

When was the last time we rebuilt?  The answer is never.

Being crappy, taking qbs high in the draft is not a rebuild.

Jet fans keep making this mistake by thinking that because we have sucked for so long, we must be rebuilding for that long too.  We havent.

This is the 1st time in franchise history we are doing a real rebuild.  Saleh even said in a press conference that Jet fans dont understand whats going on because they have never seen a rebuild.  And he is 100% right.

No one can say you're not consistent.  It's a fair point.  I keep looking at the 49ers going from 3-13 to the Super Bowl the next year or Aikman's 0-11 to a Super Bowl in 3 yrs and say "why not us?"  But these are great franchises with an infrastructure that can support a quick rebuild.  The Jets have been built on quick sand.  From the scouts to the trainers to the ball boys, everything has been hot garbage for so long, it's simply going to take more time for us...

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

No one can say you're not consistent.  It's a fair point.  I keep looking at the 49ers going from 3-13 to the Super Bowl the next year or Aikman's 0-11 to a Super Bowl in 3 yrs and say "why not us?"  But these are great franchises with an infrastructure that can support a quick rebuild.  The Jets have been built on quick sand.  From the scouts to the trainers to the ball boys, everything has been hot garbage for so long, it's simply going to take more time for us...

The good news is the most painful part is out of the way.  Year 2 we will be a much better team, more competitive but still real young and a ton of rookies playing.

Winning 10 or 11 games and making the playoffs isnt going to be in the cards.  But you will see the growth next year and then in 2023, watch out.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

That was a boring, uneventful end of season press conference. Awesome! That is exactly what it is supposed to look like when the guys in charge know what they are doing,

A musical number would have been nice.  If they could have gotten together a song and dance about the year-in-review it would really spice it up, but complaints are like assholes...

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Origen said:

A musical number would have been nice.  If they could have gotten together a song and dance about the year-in-review it would really spice it up, but complaints are like assholes...

Given the afternoon, I could have choreographed the whole thing gratis.  

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, JETSALLDAY24X said:

What exactly do you expect or want him to say just curious

I guess if I were JD, I would just acknowledge that I fully understand that the results so far in my tenure have been unacceptable. And that we're working as hard as we can to improve the situation and that this is a very big offseason.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The good news is the most painful part is out of the way.  Year 2 we will be a much better team, more competitive but still real young and a ton of rookies playing.

Winning 10 or 11 games and making the playoffs isnt going to be in the cards.  But you will see the growth next year and then in 2023, watch out.

Then in 2026 we'll set our sights on Arch Manning!  Then in 2028, watch out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Origen said:

A musical number would have been nice.  If they could have gotten together a song and dance about the year-in-review it would really spice it up, but complaints are like assholes...

Totally agree. I’m just unclear why complaints should be bleached?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about mandate a competitive, entertaining football team, without the “no gas, we will lift you BS.   Playoffs?  Stop being a crappy, uninteresting team.  If you win 5 games and are entertaining, competitive and show some heart that would be something.  
 

Low expectations like all gas and no dumps is hemoroid inducing painful.  We don’t need BS press conferences unless you’re going to be funny or snarky.  Do you’re fing job. You put a product on the field that looked like my neighbor forget to pick up after his dog accidentally moslyed unto my lawn.  
 

JD get some players.  Saleh coach them up.  Do your job and STFU.  We’ve heard all your BS before from more entertaining ass wipes than either of you.  
 

Here’s a plan.  Stop sucking at your jobs. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

How about mandate a competitive, entertaining football team, without the “no gas, we will lift you BS.   Playoffs?  Stop being a crappy, uninteresting team.  If you win 5 games and are entertaining, competitive and show some heart that would be something.  
 

Low expectations like all gas and no dumps is hemoroid inducing painful.  We don’t need BS press conferences unless you’re going to be funny or snarky.  Do you’re fing job. You put a product on the field that looked like my neighbor forget to pick up after his dog who accidentally moslyed unto my lawn.  
 

JD get some players.  Saleh coach them up.  Do your job and STFU.  We’ve heard all your BS before from more entertaining ass wipes than either of you.  
 

Here’s a plan.  Stop sucking at your jobs. 

Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JETSALLDAY24X said:

But that's quite exactly what he said today. Almost verbatim actually. "6 wins in 2 years isn't good enough, I have to do a better job" But I have said this 1000x and can't stress it enough. You can not undo a decade of bad management in a year. We were still eating dead cap on guys like Trumaine Johnson who haven't played a game for us in 3 years. Guys like Bell who did nothing for us. Bad drafts, Reaching on positions. Ignoring Oline, Edge leads to where we are now. Its gonna take time. I know nobody here wants to hear that but it's reality. 

Okay, but saying "The focus this offseason is improving the team" just seems like a ridiculous statement.  It's not even his fault.  These press conferences are ridiculous.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Regardless of the “build through the trenches talk” if we can’t land a stud WR in free agency I think pick 10 will be WR.  JD sees Chase and Burrow and that Buffalo game with WR’s who struggle to get open with any consistency 
 

JD also likely saw that Elijah Moore, Braxton Berrios, and Corey Davis were on the sideline and our TE group doesn't exactly scream seam-burners. 

As much as I've been pounding the table for my favorite WRs there is a pretty glaring similarity amongst them, they aren't top-10 picks. 

Treylon Burks (6'3, 225), pro comp = a smaller Chase Claypool (2nd round pick)
Jahan Dotson (5'11, 184), pro comp = Dionte Johnson (2nd round pick)
Drake London (6'5, 210) , pro comp = a lighter Michael Pittman (2nd round pick)
Garret Wilson (6'0, 192) , pro comp = a heavier Jerry Jeudy (1 round, pick 15)
Jameson Williams (6'2, 188), pro comp = a faster, straight lined Calvin Ridley (1st round, pick 26)
Chris Olave (6'1, 188), pro comp = Dede Westbrook (4th round pick)
John Metchie III (6'0, 195), pro comp = Will Fuller IV (1st round, pick 21)
David Bell (6'2, 205), pro comp = Tyler Boyd (2nd round pick)

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

7 or 8 wins seems like a realistic goal.  More importantly, I don't want to see the losses looking like blowouts.  This needs to become a Jets team that's within a TD in the 4th quarter of games even against much better opponents.  I feel like we started to see this over the past few weeks, particularly vs. Tampa.

 

7 or 8 wins spread over how many seasons?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

JD also likely saw that Elijah Moore, Braxton Berrios, and Corey Davis were on the sideline and our TE group doesn't exactly scream seam-burners. 

As much as I've been pounding the table for my favorite WRs there is a pretty glaring similarity amongst them, they aren't top-10 picks. 

Treylon Burks (6'3, 225), pro comp = a smaller Chase Claypool (2nd round pick)
Jahan Dotson (5'11, 184), pro comp = Dionte Johnson (2nd round pick)
Drake London (6'5, 210) , pro comp = a lighter Michael Pittman (2nd round pick)
Garret Wilson (6'0, 192) , pro comp = a heavier Jerry Jeudy (1 round, pick 15)
Jameson Williams (6'2, 188), pro comp = a faster, straight lined Calvin Ridley (1st round, pick 26)
Chris Olave (6'1, 188), pro comp = Dede Westbrook (4th round pick)
John Metchie III (6'0, 195), pro comp = Will Fuller IV (1st round, pick 21)
David Bell (6'2, 205), pro comp = Tyler Boyd (2nd round pick)

 

 

Treylon burks is the best wr in the draft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed watching this press conference. You can tell these guys are very close and have the same mindset regarding team building. I like how they discussed challenging each other and not letting their egos get in the way. It is much more productive working together this way then either butting heads or one person being a yes man. I have a really good feeling with these guys that I haven’t felt towards this team in a long time 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Larz said:

Any questions on the injuries?

Yes, it came up several times.  JD said they were concerned about so many Achilles injuries (Lawson, Maye, etc.) but that hamstring injuries were down as were ACL injuries.  Said they’ll look at all the data and see what they can learn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The good news is the most painful part is out of the way.  Year 2 we will be a much better team, more competitive but still real young and a ton of rookies playing.

Winning 10 or 11 games and making the playoffs isnt going to be in the cards.  But you will see the growth next year and then in 2023, watch out.

I bet the Jets start out looking awful next season but build up the chemistry and finish strong. 7-10 or 8-9 seems reasonable to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...