*** College Football National Championship Game ***

Beerfish

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

@Lith also that list of users you were going to ban if the game didn't go as planned, can we just move on from that now?  :)

I think of the 625 names you submitted, only 475 really deserved to be banned. Let's just let everyone free. It is time for a party lol.

Damn you Lith!  I thought you were kidding! 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I was the centerfielder. It was hit in the gap between center and right and I called for the ball. I played softball all my life. It was my ball. He never stopped.  

You outfielders are pussies... Try being the pitcher for softball for 30 some odd years and having the ball rocketed back to your face every single game... Especially at 50 yo, and above playing with 25 yo's and trying to catch it or get out of the way lol...

Just kidding, I never had an injury like that and don't wish that on anyone. I feel like I'm 100 at 64 and I'm trying to figure out what the hell is wrong after being so active and never really having any health issues.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Congratulations. What a fun game.

Hopefully Macc gets a job in the NFL so your QB can get a job at the next level lol.

Thanks,  Did not think a team could win a Natty in this era of college football with a QB like Bennett.  Past few years, its been Jones, Burrow, Lawrence, Tua, Hurts, Watson.  And now Stetson Bennett.  Unbelieveable.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

@Lith also that list of users you were going to ban if the game didn't go as planned, can we just move on from that now?  :)

I think of the 625 names you submitted, only 475 really deserved to be banned. Let's just let everyone free. It is time for a party lol.

With about 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter, I was trying to figure out if there was a way I could ban Bennett after the fumble and then Kirby for sending him back out there, but I guess that is a power that is only shared with the longer tenured mods.

In a strange way, that fumble seemed to energize the offense.  We opened things up right after that, marched down the field, took the shot on the offside play and never looked back.  Smart's faith in Bennett was rewarded.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

With about 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter, I was trying to figure out if there was a way I could ban Bennett after the fumble and then Kirby for sending him back out there, but I guess that is a power that is only shared with the longer tenured mods.

In a strange way, that fumble seemed to energize the offense.  We opened things up right after that, marched down the field, took the shot on the offside play and never looked back.  Smart's faith in Bennett was rewarded.

Happy for you Georgia fans. For those of us that wagered on the under, my heart did not need the pick 6 at the end, but I certainly understand him taking it in for the score. It all worked out in the end.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Oh wow, so Dan Marino has been torturing you for longer than the average Jet fan then. 

Not really. 

Was not a UGA fan until I went to grad school there beginning in 1990.  81/82 when Marino and Pitt beat us, I was an undergrad at U Penn.  I was more interested in how we did against the Cornells and Princetons of the world than Pitt-Georgia.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

Thanks,  Did not think a team could win a Natty in this era of college football with a QB like Bennett.  Past few years, its been Jones, Burrow, Lawrence, Tua, Hurts, Watson.  And now Stetson Bennett.  Unbelieveable.  

I bet Georgia and the under $$$$$$$$$$$$ - only reason I even hesitated, Stetson Bennett but he's also the reason I took the under.  lol  However, ultimately it came down to the fact that I didnt believe Bama could beat you guys twice in 3 games.  Too much talent, too strong of a defense and Bama was coming in hobbling. 

That said, Bulldogs, Braves.....my god, if Brady or the Patriots win the Super Bowl, I might give up sports altogether. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I bet Georgia and the under $$$$$$$$$$$$ - only reason I even hesitated, Stetson Bennett but he's also the reason I took the under.  lol  However, ultimately it came down to the fact that I didnt believe Bama could beat you guys twice in 3 games.  Too much talent, too strong of a defense and Bama was coming in hobbling. 

That said, Bulldogs, Braves.....my god, if Brady or the Patriots win the Super Bowl, I might give up sports altogether. 

Thanks.  So do you feel a little bit dirty benefitting from a Georgia win, or is it okay since it came at the expense of Bama.  

And, is this meme now permanently retired.

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Thanks.  So do you feel a little bit dirty benefitting from a Georgia win, or is it okay since it came at the hands of Bama.  

And, is this meme now permanently retired.

image.jpeg

I had no interest in watching the game, so I had to make it interesting somehow and I never feel guilty beating Vegas.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Good stuff here! Lots of mutual respect.

Saban says “you guys kicked ass in the fourth quarter.” Kirby Smart asks about Jamison and Saban says they think it is an ACL.

Kirby asked about Jameson and Saban said he'll be drinking copious amounts with Urban Meyer ?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Good stuff here! Lots of mutual respect.

Saban says “you guys kicked ass in the fourth quarter.” Kirby Smart asks about Jamison and Saban says they think it is an ACL.

This really is not getting enough of a mention. Guy just won the national championship and his first thought is showing concern for a player on the other team that he never even coached. First class all the way.

• Upvote 1

Wanted to pop in and say congrats to my fellow Dawg fans.  Been rooting for UGA since moving to Georgia in 1992.  I wanted to believe, when Kirby came to UGA, this would happen, but 2018 was such a heartbreak loss, I've tried to keep my emotions in check.  Still enjoy every game they play.  Last night was a great joy for our entire family and many of our friends and neighbors.

Wanted to chip in some comments on UGA players who will be playing on Sundays:  Love Nakobe Dean, but I think his ceiling is a little lower than Roquan Smith's.    Will be a starting LB in the NFL, but I don't expect he'll be a pro bowler; he does have a great trait that NFL clubs will value:  He can cover TEs and RBs.  I think Lewis Cine will be a quality starter in the NFL.  He was dinged up earlier in the season, only really started to come on strong in the last two months, but he's got what you want in an NFL safety.  I actually think Devonte Wyatt will be a better NFL player than Jordan Davis.  He is more consistent.  Travon Walker and Nolan Smith are both good gambles in mid-round.  I think Kendrick will be an above average NFL CB.  James Cook is a prototypical NFL pass catching RB.  Suspect he'll go in the 2nd round.  Not sure about Zamir White.  Kid's got a ton of heart, but his skills are not that rare.  I think he'll have an NFL career, going as a late rounder or UFA.  George Pickens is a squirrely pick.  He's an athletic freak, with the potential to be a dominant NFL wideout, but his first couple of years at UGA saw countless, boneheaded behavior that screams lack of maturity.  He was quieter this year; hard to say if it was the rehab, or ego knocked down to size a bit.

Anyway, great time to be a Dawgs fan.  After the Braves WS title, it puts a dent in the Atlanta/Georgia championship curse.

• Upvote 2