I want Jimmy G here next year

Before this thread gets crapped on, hear me out:

I live in the Bay Area - moved from NY 25 years ago and still bleed green.  However, SF is my B team, and I'm raising my son to be a Niners fan (I believe if I gave this monkey from my back to his from 3000 miles away I'd get a call from Child Protective Services, but I digress).  I watch a lot of Niners football.  I think they are insane to move on from Jimmy G in the prime of his career for a Div II Quarterback.   

Looks, the dude just guts out wins.  He can be clutch in the right situations. He can make all the throws.  This offense is PERFECT for his skill set.  He will elevate the offense.  it will become obvious which wideouts are running precise routes, as he will throw guys open.

The Great Aaron Rodgers didn't start until Season 4.

I've seen enough of Jimmy ( and yes the boneheaded plays) to be convinced he could elevate the team's play, and set a standard for Zach to meet if he ever wants to be the starter.

Queue the wolves, Jimmy haters, and Zach coddlers (and BTW I think Zach will evolve to be an excellent pro - I liked how he progressed towards the end of the season).  I think 2 years of Jimmy, at a minimum, would make us a better team, and Zach a better QB.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 11
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, PavlovsDogs said:

I live in the Bay Area - moved from NY 25 years ago and still bleed green.  However, SF is my B team, and I'm raising my son to be a Niners fan (I believe if I gave this monkey from my back to his from 3000 miles away I'd get a call from Child Protective Services, but I digress).  I watch a lot of Niners football.  I think they are insane to move on from Jimmy G in the prime of his career for a Div II Quarterback.   

Looks, the dude just guts out wins.  He can be clutch in the right situations. He can make all the throws.  This offense is PERFECT for his skill set.  He will elevate the offense.  it will become obvious which wideouts are running precise routes, as he will throw guys open.

I've seen enough of Jimmy ( and yes the boneheaded plays) to be convinced he could elevate the team's play, and set a standard for Zach to meet if he ever wants to be the starter.

Queue the wolves, Jimmy haters, and Zach coddlers (and BTW I think Zach will evolve to be an excellent pro - I liked how he progressed towards the end of the season).  I think 2 years of Jimmy, at a minimum, would make us a better team, and Zach a better QB.

Fair points. What did you think of Lance in the time he got to play? 

I hear you but you don’t draft a quarterback number 2 overall, Start him year one and then bench him year two and three. I’d love for Jimmy G to come here and be a back up but he will be able to start somewhere. For better or for worse Wilson is our quarterback for the next couple years but we definitely need a veteran back up. 

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If money/cap was no object I think it would make a lot of sense but the guy is scheduled to be almost a $30mm cap hit next year. Can the niners cut him and save money? 

That's where I'm at -- I'm on board in theory but I don't think the money/comp makes sense.

Give me Gardner Minshew.

• Upvote 2

I do think the back up QB will be telling as to what they really think of Wilson.   
They see him everyday in practice, the analyze the film. They know what’s he learning and not.  They know what’s in the WR’s. What’s on him etc. 

if they go out and get a Jimmy G - it’s pretty clear they have little faith in ZW being the guy.  

if the roll with Flacco and White - seems pretty clear to me they’re still really high on the The Big ZW. 

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, PavlovsDogs said:

Your a season late but I respect the sentiment. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I do think the back up QB will be telling as to what they really think of Wilson.   
They see him everyday in practice, the analyze the film. They know what’s he learning and not.  They know what’s in the WR’s. What’s on him etc. 

if they go out and get a Jimmy G - it’s pretty clear they have little faith in ZW being the guy.  

if the roll with Flacco and White - seems pretty clear to me they’re still really high on the The Big ZW. 

They told you this in the press conference today.  They want White and Flacco back.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Saleh said he likes the QB room the way it is and wants white and Flacco back 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, PavlovsDogs said:

He’s not coming. You are a Jimmy G coddler. That’s cool.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Horrible idea.  In today's NFL, the benefit of a drafting rookie QB is to get those 5 years on the rookie deal.  To waste 3-4 of those years as a QB sits behind a vet makes absolutely no sense from a financial or competitive sense.  Garappolo likely goes to a team that has no capable veteran QB and no quality young QB either - Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Denver, Washington, New Orleans.  Plus, Garappolo is under contract for 2022, so the Jets would need to give SF draft picks to acquire him.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Not particularly a fan of JG or his cost or his fragility.

I just want average, middle of the road, 15th or so ranked/rated QB play and production, to start with.

I don't care who gives it to us.  

I just don't want to watch another season where our QB is ranked 32nd and we're out of contention by week 6.

Feels like that is not asking too much.

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

“The Big ZW” ????

• Haha 1