Brian Robinson - RB

BCJet

Curious what the board thinks of Brian Robinson from Alabama.

I know we are looking for a specific RB type and Robinson isnt mentioned as a true "zone RB" but given that Carter seems like a 20+ touch player we really just need a backup who can produce in all 3 phases and Robinson fits that as he is a decent receiver (35 catches this season) and is good in pass protection. 

Personally, even though you need to pass to win, I think having a bigger RB is really valuable for teams in the north east and Robinson could really be a tough runner in December at 225 lbs.

I do think JD could address backup RB with somone like Ronald Jones, but if he wanted to use the draft, I really like robinson especially if he is going to be available in the 4th round 

On 1/11/2022 at 9:18 AM, JiFapono said:

I wouldnt really F w/ any RB in this draft.  Carter is your dude. Johnson/Walter/Perrine is more than adequate.  Maybe you find a veteran back up in FA but that's it.

Unless there are some injuries I don't know about, if you have a guy like Kenneth Walker slide to you in Rd. 2 (I think he ends up going bottom of Rd. 1) and you were looking to add a RB, he's def. a guy worth taking that high. Playmaker upside is elite. Otherwise, like I mentioned in my previous post a guy like Breece Hall could be a steal a little later. 

On 1/15/2022 at 10:06 AM, PepPep said:

Unless there are some injuries I don't know about, if you have a guy like Kenneth Walker slide to you in Rd. 2 (I think he ends up going bottom of Rd. 1) and you were looking to add a RB, he's def. a guy worth taking that high. Playmaker upside is elite. Otherwise, like I mentioned in my previous post a guy like Breece Hall could be a steal a little later. 

I just dont think using such a high pick is worth it for a RB when you can get contributing players in the 4th and beyond relatively easily.  We just got a very good starter in Carter at the top of the 4th round - so id rather find a starter at a different position in the 2nd and keep using later picks on rotational RBs like Robinson/Cook

• Upvote 1