Jets Raise Ticket Prices

59 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We’re talking about people buying the tickets, not rebuying the tickets.  Most were bought by Jets fans and because the team is down they’ve been resold to opponents fans.  Yes during the Sack Exchange or Parcells era, early Rex, Mangini, Michaels years few visiting fans were in the stadium and the Kotite, Bowles years the worse we played the more tickets are sold to whoever.  I had 3 tickets since Shea.  Some years I could sell an unused tix in a second.  Other years?  No

1) Obviously more tickets are sold on the secondary market due to the internet/apps that make it extremely easy to do so. It's all electronic.

2) I don't buy the idea that Jets season ticket holders are buying all these tickets and re-selling them. I think way more STH have give up their seats and opposing fans are buying directly from the Jets. Considering how many emails I get for the Jets trying to get me to buy it's not like they aren't available from the franchise.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I’m delusional?  This is the new world, the internet age.  The stadium is nearly sold out, which is why their attendance #s look so good.  Problem is the team is bad so fans with the help of the internet and electronic ticketing can easily sell their tickets, rush free.  If you don’t get the why or that it’s like;y to change with a winning product on the field then you’re totally delusional.  I go to games, don’t know what has changed that isn’t self evident or that makes you call me delusional.  Shocking, fans buy tickets and if the team sucks tickets fall into the hands of visiting fans.  It’s the same way at other venues.  I still go, you don’t have too if you have a problem with it.  

Nonsense.  And the stadium is not even close to nearly sold out this year  (unless you don't count the  65% of the Mezz clubs that are vacant and close to half the upper deck.) Even before the pandemic the Clubs weren't even close to 75% sold out and the uppers were only had about 60% season ticket holders.  So what are you even talking about?  You obviously buy in to the propaganda that the Jets are "sold out" when nothing could be further from the truth.  (no let's call it what it really is...  a big lie from the team) Then for this year, a lot of fans opted out and you are including them in the count erroneously. Not even remotely close to sold out and not close to sold out for next year either.   The owner of this team does not give a rat's ass about it either.  As long as the TV revenue rolls in, loyalty has no meaning to him.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Dcat said:

The team has lost over 45% of the fans who bought PSLs originally and 80% of the upper deck since the new stadium was built.  FACT

I have no idea where these numbers come from or what they mean.  The stadium isn’t 45% empty, people are in their seats.  Two years ago they were second in paid tickets in the NFL.  PSLs suck and I refused to pay for them.  I had 50 yard line tickets, against the glass in the uppers.  I wasn’t the only one who preferred those seats.  And I didn’t have to pay PSLs.  Why the hell would Woody have caused the uppers to lose 80% of the upper deck by not requiring those seats to have PSLs attached to them, by giving people a choice unlike the Giants who have PSLs on every ticket at MetLife?  

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I have no idea where these numbers come from or what they mean.  The stadium isn’t 45% empty, people are in their seats.  Two years ago they were second in paid tickets in the NFL.  PSLs suck and I refused to pay for them.  I had 50 yard line tickets, against the glass in the uppers.  I wasn’t the only one who preferred those seats.  And I didn’t have to pay PSLs.  Why the hell would Woody have caused the uppers to lose 80% of the upper deck by not requiring those seats to have PSLs attached to them, by giving people a choice unlike the Giants who have PSLs on every ticket at MetLife?  

Over 75% of upper deck relies on weekly sales now, not season ticket holder.  The STH have left.  Bye bye.  Mezz clubs have never had more than 60-70% sold out.  They too rely on weekly sales.  Always have.  They dropped the PSLs from the rest of the Mezzanine because they couldn't sell them or the seats and the Mezz endzones are not even close to filled on game day.  (all Pre-pandemic)

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

1) Obviously more tickets are sold on the secondary market due to the internet/apps that make it extremely easy to do so. It's all electronic.

2) I don't buy the idea that Jets season ticket holders are buying all these tickets and re-selling them. I think way more STH have give up their seats and opposing fans are buying directly from the Jets. Considering how many emails I get for the Jets trying to get me to buy it's not like they aren't available from the franchise.

Could be.  But I’d bet most are STHs who sell.  But still comes down to if the Jets are winning most tickets will wind up in the hands of jet fans.  Tickets bought by opponents fans are part of the new NFL.  PSLs cutting some of the original real football fans and the casual fans out of buying STs along with the internet/app situation is a league wide issue now.  Look at national games and how many visiting fans are at stadiums

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Oh... and I got my data from someone who work(s)(ed) for the Jets. 100% truth and 100% reliable.  Believe what you want, but the Jets are desperate to sell seats.  That's why huge bunches have gone to brokers directly from the Jets to sell to other team fans in bulk.   They don't care who is in the seats.  But the stadium is not even remotely close to sold out.  What a whopping lie that is.

The management of this team with respect to the stadium and the Jets fans who are STH is both deplorable and shameful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

The well healed Yankee fans who pay the big bucks for the top seats are at least treated like royalty.   As a life long Mets fan the first time I was invited to the New Yankee stadium I was shocked at how well they treated their high paying customers.   They at least get it.  

In what sense were they treated better?  I hate what baseball has become with that type of stuff btw.  I think Yankee stadium has super fancy restaurants.  Are you there for a fancy/expensive dinner or are you there to see a ballgame?  And the Mets are well on their way to becoming the same type of thing with all these crazy contracts.  Soon baseball games will be as expensive as football games.

Btw, it makes me think that the Johnson Bros and the Maras probably preferred the location of MetLife because it allowed them to shake down their fans with expensive parking fees.  If there were a convenient subway option (e.g. if the stadium was in Manhattan) then they'd probably miss out on a fortune.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

Over 75% of upper deck relies on weekly sales now, not season ticket hiolderss.  The STH have left.  Bye bye.  Mezz clubs have never had morte than 60-70% sold out.  They too rely on weekly sales.  They dropped the PDSLs from the rest of the Mezzanine because they couldn't sell them or the seats and the Mezz endzones are not even close to filled on game day.  

The teams bad.  Things are different now too.  I wouldn’t get STs in this world.  I’d cherry pick he good games with the teams I want to see and eliminate those I don’t want to see.  Even if i overpay if the team turns it around that would still cost me less than I’d pay for STs.  Though im thinking of reupping for tickets, I do miss it.  So maybe I am delusional.  

18 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Nonsense.  And the stadium is not even close to nearly sold out this year  (unless you don't count the  65% of the Mezz clubs that are vacant and close to half the upper deck.) Even before the pandemic the Clubs weren't even close to 75% sold out and the uppers were only had about 60% season ticket holders.  So what are you even talking about?  You obviously buy in to the propaganda that the Jets are "sold out" when nothing could be further from the truth.  (no let's call it what it really is...  a big lie from the team) Then for this year, a lot of fans opted out and you are including them in the count erroneously. Not even remotely close to sold out and not close to sold out for next year either.   The owner of this team does not give a rat's ass about it either.  As long as the TV revenue rolls in, loyalty has no meaning to him.  

Go argue with the NFL and how they come up,with their nonsense numbers.  
I have no idea why you’re busting my balls and fighting over how many visiting fans bought tickets to certain games.  I have a handle on it don’t need to argue.  

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Oh... and I got my data from someone who work(s)(ed) for the Jets. 100% truth and 100% reliable.  Believe what you want, but the Jets are desperate to sell seats.  That's why huge bunches have gone to brokers directly from the Jets to sell to other team fans in bulk.   They don't care who is in the seats.  But the stadium is not even remotely close to sold out.  What a whopping lie that is.

The management of this team with respect to the stadium and the Jets fans who are STH is both deplorable and shameful. 

There’s a pandemic.  There’s people who won’t leave their houses.  I clearly said pre COVID numbers were different.  So no shlt, it’s harder for teams to sell tickets than before.  It’s not that I don’t get it,,it’s you just want to hammer away 

• Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

There’s a pandemic.  There’s people who won’t leave their houses.  I clearly said pre COVID numbers were different.  So no shlt, it’s harder for teams to sell tickets than before.  It’s not that I don’t get it,,it’s you just want to hammer away 

Before pandemic: Upper deck losing STH since 2008 on a steady downward slide for many years.  Jets relied on weekly sales, group sales and brokers.  Mezzanine level clubs never sold out or cameclose to selling out and turnover is tremendous.  Seats are sold weekly by many means.  Mezz clubs have always been a failure, nothing new.  Mezz corners and endzone:  Jets terminated PSLs there because the lions share of the sales were becoming weekly.  IOW, the an immense number of the STH who bought PSLs there (I think they went from $2,500-4,000, depending on row and section) had vacated and made it necessary to do weekly sales.  In an attempt to salvage some season ticket holder interest in most of the Mezz endzone, they had to remove the requirement to buy a PSL.  Translation: Failure.

Yep. Raise prices.  

Unrelated anecdote; 2016 preseason game...  as we are leaving about 5 minutes into 4th quarterm a Jets employee is scanning huge stacks of tickets at the turnstiles.  You know me.  I could not resist.  

"So what's with all those tickets?"   

Silence.  Death stare.  

We left as he continued to scan huge stacks of tickets, one at a time.   

You do realize what that was, right?

In my opinion:  The Jets have been a deceitful organization to the core since Woody bought the team.  To think, the alternative was Dolan.  This team and its abused fans (mostly by the team itself) are truly the redheaded stepchildren of all professional sports. So of course they should raise the prices.  It's only fitting.  

Up yours Woody.  Hope your minions are enjoying this thread while it lasts. 

• Upvote 1

I would love to know how many psl owners decided to walk. I did after 40+years of going to games-my psls were paid off I just said thanks but no thanks. I know 4 others that did the same and we are talking about people that had tickets for decades. If they broke us it is only a matter of time before the newbie fans grow tired of the season ticket experience.

The worst part about going to the games no matter where you get them is the parking situation -it is a complete disaster and it never was addressed with the new stadium either. I bought into the if you get high end psls you will get a special parking permit where you can zip in and zip out-that never happened then they offered up those parking passes to the masses and then we would go and not find parking if we got there late

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Could be.  But I’d bet most are STHs who sell.  But still comes down to if the Jets are winning most tickets will wind up in the hands of jet fans.  Tickets bought by opponents fans are part of the new NFL.  PSLs cutting some of the original real football fans and the casual fans out of buying STs along with the internet/app situation is a league wide issue now.  Look at national games and how many visiting fans are at stadiums

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing. But it's gotten progressively worse and ruins the gameday experience for me.

Could be worse, I suppose. The Rams/9ers game was literally a sea of red -- I think it was 90% 49ers fans. The Rams were getting penalties on offense the crowd was so loud. LA has one of the problems we have -- a large contingent of transplants in a destination city. Their bigger issue is just that they don't really have sizable fanbases of their own which isn't our problem.

Hopefully we start winning and it gets better. I miss going to games.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I would love to know how many psl owners decided to walk. I did after 40+years of going to games-my psls were paid off I just said thanks but no thanks. I know 4 others that did the same and we are talking about people that had tickets for decades. If they broke us it is only a matter of time before the newbie fans grow tired of the season ticket experience.

Massive. (Pre-pandemic)

Supply and demand does not call for a price increase here.  Arrogance does.

And the ticket office has always been managed with lots of arrogance. That's for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Massive. (Pre-pandemic)

And the ticket office has always been managed with lots of arrogance. That's for sure. 

when I decided to walk away I was told I cant ever get season tickets again-like I would want them when stub hub is there lol and the best is I get emails from them all of the time about yes you guessed it tickets  the ones I supposedly cant buy lol

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Massive. (Pre-pandemic)

there will be folks that defend the price increase though comparing it to other things blah blah blah 

It’s ridiculous honestly. 

Reasons NOT to go to games:

1. Production sucks. Driving back to Allentown, PA after losing is awful. 

2. Stadium sucks. I honestly am embarrassed. That stadium is absolutely AWFUL. 

3. Prices. This is not even an issue for me, honestly. If the team finds a way to produce consistently, I’ll get season tickets and gladly pay whatever they ask because it would be worth it. 

I find it easier to pick the games I want to attend for a fraction of the price. 

I am totally shocked SAR hasn’t even responded yet. 

Inspect Jim Carrey GIF

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

In what sense were they treated better?  I hate what baseball has become with that type of stuff btw.  I think Yankee stadium has super fancy restaurants.  Are you there for a fancy/expensive dinner or are you there to see a ballgame?  And the Mets are well on their way to becoming the same type of thing with all these crazy contracts.  Soon baseball games will be as expensive as football games.

Btw, it makes me think that the Johnson Bros and the Maras probably preferred the location of MetLife because it allowed them to shake down their fans with expensive parking fees.  If there were a convenient subway option (e.g. if the stadium was in Manhattan) then they'd probably miss out on a fortune.

Start with the parking.  Not even close.  There was staff outside the stadium, lots of them who helped people find their way.  They were polite, decent even gratitious.  The site lines are miles better.  The food was fantastic.  When I went to the bathroom there was a tv screen at eye levl so I could piss and watch the game.  They were giving free candy and ice cream to kids.  They had waiter service at the seats or you could go into the resturant where a full buffet of great food was out all included in the price of admission.   Yes very expensive admission.

When a ball was hit into the left field corner and you're sitting on the first base line you can actually see the ball strike the wall and the right fielder play it.  

In a word City field was a tribute to the Brooklyn Dodgers.   It ignores the Mets roots which are tied not just to the Dodgers but to the NY Giants.   That's where the colors come from.  Wilpon thinks building a stadium for the NY Mets and making it nostalgic to the Brooklyn Dodgers was the way to treat Mets fans to something special.  The new Yankee stadium was built to embrace the fans in luxury along with great site lines for a premium baseball experience.

Steinbrener may have been an ass but besides putting winning teams on the field he treated his paying customers like royalty.  

Could the increase be simply the cost of goods and services across the board have gone up significantly? Salaries, consumables and supplies maintaining a stadium? Is the expectation that woody eat that because he is a millionaire or do they have a financial model and when profit drops below a specific point, you raise prices to meet revenue.

oh God, I just realized I sound like sar.

EXTRA "BENEFITS"
Beyond your seats to every Jets home game, we remain committed to enhancing the overall value you receive as a Jets Season Ticket Holder. As a reminder, when you renew your Jets Season Tickets, you will also receive:
  • Jets Rewards Cash: Free food, beverage and merchandise credits to use on gamedays.
  • Exclusive Access to the Jets Rewards Loyalty Program: Automatically earn points and redeem for Jets Rewards Cash, experiences, access and memorabilia you can’t get anywhere else.
  • Jets Merchandise Savings: Discount of up to 25% off your favorite Jets gear on JetsShop.com and at the Jets Flagship Store at MetLife Stadium.
  • Enrollment in the NFL Membership Club: Free subscriptions to NFL RedZone and NFL Game Pass, along with special offers from League and team partners.
  • Access to MetLife Stadium Events: Exclusive presales and offers for world-class concerts, sporting events and family shows.
  • Season Ticket Holder Events: Invites to exclusive events with Jets players, front office staff, Legends and special guests throughout the full calendar year.
  • Savings on Jets Tickets & Parking: Savings of up to 25% for additional single game tickets, 10% off for groups of 10 or more and up to 30% off season-long parking passes.
  • Playoff Ticket Priority: Guarantee your seats at a special price for any home Jets playoff games.

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think parking for the jets is $40 - its $95 for LA Rams new stadium.

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing. But it's gotten progressively worse and ruins the gameday experience for me.

Could be worse, I suppose. The Rams/9ers game was literally a sea of red -- I think it was 90% 49ers fans. The Rams were getting penalties on offense the crowd was so loud. LA has one of the problems we have -- a large contingent of transplants in a destination city. Their bigger issue is just that they don't really have sizable fanbases of their own which isn't our problem.

Hopefully we start winning and it gets better. I miss going to games.

I think winning changes a lot

9 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Just received my invoice.  Jets raised tickets from $50 to $55 and parking from $25 to $35 at least for me.  What nerve!!  

shenanigans man!!! My question is shouldnt they be at least good to raise the prices?

Also could they just make everything cheaper - drinks,dogs nachoes etc..woudl go along way into making me feel better

10 hours ago, Web72 said:

As a season ticket holder I really don’t have a problem with this. 

We actually had a price reduction 2 or 3 years ago so a small increase just brings us back to where we were.  

Don’t use logic on the cry babies