Jets Raise Ticket Prices

12 hours ago, Web72 said:

As a season ticket holder I really don’t have a problem with this. 

We actually had a price reduction 2 or 3 years ago so a small increase just brings us back to where we were.  

Yes, just take what the Jets feed you like a good boy, without complaint.  That'll inspire Woody to change things up.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dcat said:

Over 75% of upper deck relies on weekly sales now, not season ticket holder.  The STH have left.  Bye bye.  Mezz clubs have never had more than 60-70% sold out.  They too rely on weekly sales.  Always have.  They dropped the PSLs from the rest of the Mezzanine because they couldn't sell them or the seats and the Mezz endzones are not even close to filled on game day.  (all Pre-pandemic)

This is true. Sadly.

28 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yes, just take what the Jets feed you like a good boy, without complaint.  That'll inspire Woody to change things up.  

I ordered the pork chop but this Chef's salad was delightful. Please charge me for the pork chop anyway.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

I e-mailed my rep and told him to turn off my auto renew since I had a lot of thinking to do regarding renewing.  I let him know I thought a 17.5% price increase was a slap across the face after I couldn’t even give away extra tickets this past season.  

His response:  “I understand your frustration when it comes to the pricing change. I will take you off the auto-plan.” 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

55 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I e-mailed my rep and told him to turn off my auto renew since I had a lot of thinking to do regarding renewing.  I let him know I thought a 17.5% price increase was a slap across the face after I couldn’t even give away extra tickets this past season.  

His response:  “I understand your frustration when it comes to the pricing change. I will take you off the auto-plan.” 

I have to do this, too. I moved out of state. Was still getting to few games per year, but Covid killed that last two seasons.

I know this is like me exhibiting addict-like behavior, but I loved watching Wilson get better, Elijah Moore, Berrios, Michael Carter, etc. Maybe next year I can travel more easily again and I make that my ultimatum year? Stubhub is making a killing on me. Those 15%s add up!

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

TBH, I don't make judgments on how others choose to spend their hard earned cash.  I'm sure alot of the sh*t I spend money on could be equally mocked.

Those "tasteful" naked pics of @The Crusher don't come cheap on the Dark Web, after all.

Delicious. All proceeds are donated to feed the big boy fund. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Sadly, the Jet response is not unexpected. From their perspective, they collected the PSL cost for your seats and 11 year's worth of revenue. Let's say you decline to renew. Your seats go back into the PSL pool and at some point the Jets will resell that PSL at the original price. The seats either go to the new owner or until that happens, sold on the open market. From a Jet perspective, there is probably a high chance they continue with the revenue from your seats without interruption.

I am in the same spot as you as I often wonder about not renewing but I do enjoy either myself or members of my family going to the games. I have to continue the hope that the team will get better and we will see quality football in the very near future. 

Does that make me a gluten for punishment and are the Jets getting over on me? I guess so, but it is the price to pay and ultimatly I make the choice to continue.

You seem like you truly enjoy going to the games and you tailgate in the same lot as I do so I hope you come to a decision that is right for you. 17.5% is alot especially based on the product but think of it this way, cream cheese is now $4. If you love a cream cheese and jelly sandwich, you are still going to buy cream cheese even though it used to be $1.50 a few months ago. Doesn't make it right, but life is short and you have to enjoy what you can while you are here.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, kmnj said:

there will be folks that defend the price increase though comparing it to other things blah blah blah 

This is different from 'other things'.  It is unique.  And it has nothing to do with the amount of the increase.  It has to do with outright arrogance of this team to even think it deserves any increase in ticket revenue based on the product they have provided.  The organization's incredible arrogance, spearheaded by the knucklehead owner is such an embarrassment to fans that it is remarkable.  In any other industry, Woody Johnson would have been trounced and out as well as bankrupt. Multiple times. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Cornfed said:

I have to do this, too. I moved out of state. Was still getting to few games per year, but Covid killed that last two seasons.

I know this is like me exhibiting addict-like behavior, but I loved watching Wilson get better, Elijah Moore, Berrios, Michael Carter, etc. Maybe next year I can travel more easily again and I make that my ultimatum year? Stubhub is making a killing on me. Those 15%s add up!

Same here. We’ve had season tickets in the family since 1986. Living out of state for a while now has made this an annual decision as to whether to keep these things. I think it’s time to finally let go.

For the two or three times per year I might make it back east for a game I can just buy tickets thru Stub Hub or the NFL Ticket Exchange. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 9:56 AM, Web72 said:

As a season ticket holder I really don’t have a problem with this. 

We actually had a price reduction 2 or 3 years ago so a small increase just brings us back to where we were.  

They havent raised prices for 5 years and then add a whole 3% to ticket prices.  Kind of figured they'd eventually go up with inflation 

Who wold figure there would eventually be a price increase would get the 8th straight thumbs down in my notification folder from @92ShaunEllis92

• Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, Dcat said:

Over 75% of upper deck relies on weekly sales now, not season ticket holder.  The STH have left.  Bye bye.  Mezz clubs have never had more than 60-70% sold out.  They too rely on weekly sales.  Always have.  They dropped the PSLs from the rest of the Mezzanine because they couldn't sell them or the seats and the Mezz end zones are not even close to filled on game day.  (all Pre-pandemic)

No surprise there.

I travelled 3 hours round trip every Sunday for years before the new stadium and PSLs and sat in the upper deck as a STH.  When the new stadium was built, due to seniority and when I got my call, my options were spend a lot more to sit at the same altitude or lower, or sit in the clouds in the upper deck.  The seats around me were always a revolving door anyway each week with different fans, so that, plus the math made it easy - buying weekly has become a way more attractive option. 

On 1/11/2022 at 3:13 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

1) Obviously more tickets are sold on the secondary market due to the internet/apps that make it extremely easy to do so. It's all electronic.

2) I don't buy the idea that Jets season ticket holders are buying all these tickets and re-selling them. I think way more STH have give up their seats and opposing fans are buying directly from the Jets. Considering how many emails I get for the Jets trying to get me to buy it's not like they aren't available from the franchise.

The Jets out all unsold tickets on the secondary market with the addition of ticket Master .  The demand of the tickets dictates the price on the secondary market. 

The Jets saw that parking passes are going for 50 on the secondary market so they increases parking passes from 25 to 35.

It's not hard to figure out

Why raising ticket prices and parking pass fees after a 4-13 season and after 12 years of not making the playoffs is a slap in the face to every loyal Jets fan who have spent hundreds if not thousands on this team and have gotten no return on their investment! SHAMEFUL!

On 1/12/2022 at 7:46 AM, Trotter said:

Sadly, the Jet response is not unexpected. From their perspective, they collected the PSL cost for your seats and 11 year's worth of revenue. Let's say you decline to renew. Your seats go back into the PSL pool and at some point the Jets will resell that PSL at the original price. The seats either go to the new owner or until that happens, sold on the open market. From a Jet perspective, there is probably a high chance they continue with the revenue from your seats without interruption.

I am in the same spot as you as I often wonder about not renewing but I do enjoy either myself or members of my family going to the games. I have to continue the hope that the team will get better and we will see quality football in the very near future. 

Does that make me a gluten for punishment and are the Jets getting over on me? I guess so, but it is the price to pay and ultimatly I make the choice to continue.

You seem like you truly enjoy going to the games and you tailgate in the same lot as I do so I hope you come to a decision that is right for you. 17.5% is alot especially based on the product but think of it this way, cream cheese is now $4. If you love a cream cheese and jelly sandwich, you are still going to buy cream cheese even though it used to be $1.50 a few months ago. Doesn't make it right, but life is short and you have to enjoy what you can while you are here.

So the PSL buyer loses his PSL if he gives up his ST?   And the Jets sell the PSL to a new person?!   What a scam that is.  (As if PSLs weren’t enough of a scam)

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So the PSL buyer loses his PSL if he gives up his ST?   And the Jets sell the PSL to a new person?!   What a scam that is.  (As if PSLs weren’t enough of a scam)

Correct. If you own the psl you can sell it on the open market but in most cases it is Pennie’s on the dollar.

On 1/12/2022 at 12:18 AM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I removed myself from the auto-pay plan as well. Told them I'm probably taking the year off and to hold my PSL seats for the following year (hahaha, that sure pisses them off a lot).  They did that for people in 2021 due to pandemic.  Also, since the NY Jets don't require proof of vaccination or anything of the like, they have little choice but to allow STH to defer again if they elect to if the virus is still raging as it is now.  

They would appear downright evil if it became public that they were rescinding older STH PSLs because they choose to opt out in 2021 and/or 2022 due to NJ being so lax.   And it will become public, and I personally guaranty I'd do my best to publicize their treatment of STH.  

Every season ticket holder should remove themselves from the auto payment plan (if not opt out from 2022 completely) and not pay them a red cent until the deadline later this spring and even after that.  They have never enforced the "deadlines" and they couldn't sell your seats away at the price you pay even if they tried.    Time to make the Jets as nervous as hell about the garbage product they shove down our throats every year.

Really... don't send them a penny in January, February or March.  I'll bet that if nobody (literally, as few as possible) sends payments in early, there may be a little more positive off season action..

On 1/13/2022 at 6:48 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's the gift that keeps on giving... they love when psl owners walk away from their seats it makes up for the empty seats

On 1/13/2022 at 4:17 PM, DoomProphet said:

Why raising ticket prices and parking pass fees after a 4-13 season and after 12 years of not making the playoffs is a slap in the face to every loyal Jets fan who have spent hundreds if not thousands on this team and have gotten no return on their investment! SHAMEFUL!

They do give back to the fans.  They Give you 40 dollars in jets reward dollars at the beginning of the year and if you attend all the games you get even more reward dollars... what more do you want 

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2022 at 7:45 AM, Dcat said:

I removed myself from the auto-pay plan as well. Told them I'm probably taking the year off and to hold my PSL seats for the following year (hahaha, that sure pisses them off a lot).  They did that for people in 2021 due to pandemic.  Also, since the NY Jets don't require proof of vaccination or anything of the like, they have little choice but to allow STH to defer again if they elect to if the virus is still raging as it is now.  

They would appear downright evil if it became public that they were rescinding older STH PSLs because they choose to opt out in 2021 and/or 2022 due to NJ being so lax.   And it will become public, and I personally guaranty I'd do my best to publicize their treatment of STH.  

Every season ticket holder should remove themselves from the auto payment plan (if not opt out from 2022 completely) and not pay them a red cent until the deadline later this spring and even after that.  They have never enforced the "deadlines" and they couldn't sell your seats away at the price you pay even if they tried.    Time to make the Jets as nervous as hell about the garbage product they shove down our throats every year.

Really... don't send them a penny in January, February or March.  I'll bet that if nobody (literally, as few as possible) sends payments in early, there may be a little more positive off season action..

That’s why most teams do not allow PSLs to be financed over time and demand payment upfront.

On 1/18/2022 at 2:44 PM, JETSY14 said:

It's the gift that keeps on giving... they love when psl owners walk away from their seats it makes up for the empty seats

Complete scam. I asked to walk away for a year and come back. They said no. Congrats. You got me for thousands but I’ll never give you a penny again. 

On 1/14/2022 at 7:45 AM, Dcat said:

I was told I couldn’t do that. Good luck.