Jump to content

The coach that got away


Icer
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Icer said:

 

Home boy looks disheveled having to trot out Sweet Sammy for Year 5

ps. yes I know we hired Adam Gase instead, lets ignore that

Sam got that whole staff fired! Somehow the GM and Rhule got to keep their jobs tho 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

If we're keeping score, it's 1-0 in favor of keeping sam and trading down for 3 xtra 1st round picks. Next yr Zack may even the score, but for now it's 1 nil.

Yeah...no its not.  Nice try though!

Kindly, take your agenda folder on the way out the door. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Icer said:

nope

We traded one of the worst QBs in the league for the 38th overall pick and a 4th and 6th. That's 1-0 Douglas regardless of what QB he moved on with

What if Sam AND Zack turn out to be terrible QBs? As of today, they both sucked. Then those 3 1st round picks we coulda gotten for keeping the bad QB we already had are looking better and better. No? 

Zack not only has to be better than Sam, he has to be 3 1st round picks better just to break even.

So for those keeping score at home, it's keeping Sam 1, Zack 0. 

Again, next year and beyond may be completely different, but for now you can't argue against 1-nil.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

If we're keeping score, it's 1-0 in favor of keeping sam and trading down for 3 xtra 1st round picks. Next yr Zack may even the score, but for now it's 1 nil.

Eh, not sure about that one. 

Darnold in year 1 of Saleh would have been an unmitigated disaster and this doesn't seem like the year to draft the QB. And even if you do like a QB this year, he'd be a rookie headed into a very big 2022 season for both Douglas and Saleh.

Zach may bust, but taking a QB at 2 made a lot of sense last year. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't know what trade is more impressive by Joe Douglas, getting a major haul for Jamal Adams who was playing with the Jets at an All-Pro level. Or getting a 2nd and 4th round pick for Sam Darnold. 

Plus a 2021 6th, which wound up being DT Jonathan Marshall.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How does this guy still have a job. Sometime coaches get fired too quickly and as a knee jerk reaction to a bad season, but this guy has clearly shown he is maybe the worst coach in the NFL. You need to man up recognize the mistake and move on.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

What if Sam AND Zack turn out to be terrible QBs? As of today, they both sucked. Then those 3 1st round picks we coulda gotten for keeping the bad QB we already had are looking better and better. No? 

Zack not only has to be better than Sam, he has to be 3 1st round picks better just to break even.

So for those keeping score at home, it's keeping Sam 1, Zack 0. 

Again, next year and beyond may be completely different, but for now you can't argue against 1-nil.

Who exactly was trading us 3 #1s?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

How does this guy still have a job. Sometime coaches get fired too quickly and as a knee jerk reaction to a bad season, but this guy has clearly shown he is maybe the worst coach in the NFL. You need to man up recognize the mistake and move on.

big contract with 7 years. no owner wants to pay anyone for 5 years to sit home or coach another team which he could probably coach in college right now.

if Flores had a 7 year contract for what Rhule is getting paid he would still be in Miami

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Icer said:

 

Home boy looks disheveled having to trot out Sweet Sammy for Year 5

ps. yes I know we hired Adam Gase instead, lets ignore that

Jet fans always think the grass is greener on the other side, but sometimes its worst.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, doitny said:

big contract with 7 years. no owner wants to pay anyone for 5 years to sit home or coach another team which he could probably coach in college right now.

if Flores had a 7 year contract for what Rhule is getting paid he would still be in Miami

Meh. Teams eat 10s of millions on bad player signings every year. It sucks, but if you know the coach will prevent you from succeeding like Rhule will you just bite the bullet. I don't disagree with you on the big contract thing and that is likely correct but it is just an awful decision.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, not sure about that one. 

Darnold in year 1 of Saleh would have been an unmitigated disaster and this doesn't seem like the year to draft the QB. And even if you do like a QB this year, he'd be a rookie headed into a very big 2022 season for both Douglas and Saleh.

Zach may bust, but taking a QB at 2 made a lot of sense last year. 

Im not saying Zack is or will be a bust. I'm just comparing his first yr with the 'what if' we had kept Sam, and traded down for 3 1st round picks. I didn't see a ton of difference between Sam and Zack. Zack actually had a better oline, WRs, and RBs than Sam ever had, and I can't say Zack did a whole lot better than Sam woulda done. Seems kind of a draw to me.

Look, like every other fan, I hope Zack grows into a FBQ. But after yr 1, it's looking like a tough hall at best.

I don't think JoeD walked away from 3 1st round picks for the privilege of swapping bad QBs, and after season 1, it's looking like that's exactly what he did.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Sam got Bowles fired, he got gase fired and next year will have Rhule fired.

Has any qb gotten 3 coaches fired in 5 years?  this has to be some type of record.

dont forget he already got Brady fired. the wonder kid everyone thought would be a top HC candidate right now. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, doitny said:

Jet fans always think the grass is greener on the other side, but sometimes its worst.

 

well .. technically it cannot be worst ... it can be worse ... or it can be THE worst.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2022 at 1:03 PM, slimjasi said:

his expression at 0:26. Priceless. 

 

I thought this thread was going to be about Belichick. Well done. 

:20 thru :26

My twins used to get that look when we asked if they pooped their diaper!

Andy Samberg Reaction GIF

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2022 at 12:19 PM, FootballLove said:

If we're keeping score, it's 1-0 in favor of keeping sam and trading down for 3 xtra 1st round picks. Next yr Zack may even the score, but for now it's 1 nil.

You watch a video about a coach clearly extremely disappointed that a player is on his team and your first thought is "I wish my team would have kept that player!"

What?!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...