Zach Wilson - "Different QB the 2nd Half of the Year"

Warfish

51 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say this forum isn't necessarily the best evaluators of football skill. 

I'd put a few of our guys up against the GM's we ran the past decade.  And I'm not joking.

I think some people think being GM is alot harder than it is.  Some of us do work on par and them some.  Just not as sexy, lol.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

You've changed my argument.

I'll restate my thesis here:

1) The team under JD is described by many fans as "talentless" around Zach Wilson.  And that is in part why his year was so spotty.

2) JD is responsible for the talent level of this Organization.

This isn't a two-things-can-be-true-at-once argument.  This is an either-or.

EITHER the team is in fact talentless, and that is in fact a justification as to why Wilson underperformed.  If true, this indicts JD's job.

OR the team is more talented than is being claimed, which defends JD's job managing talent, but diminishes the "talentless" rationale for Wilson's performance level.

It's hard to argue that we're both talentless and talented at the same time, depending on who you want to defend in that moment.

While I think there's a difference between talented and young. I do get your point..

Except - I don't think anyone has said Wilson was good this year. 

Wilson was a raw rookie and the youth surrounding him didn't help.  Had he been on a veteran it's reasonable to assume he would be have performed better.

4 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say this forum isn't necessarily the best evaluators of football skill. 

Which is why its all the more humorous when some posters assure me the eye test is far more valuable than data.

Yeah, I'm gonna trust Vinny from Staten Island with cheetos fingers over advanced analytics every time.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Indeed.  An embarrassing moment in JN history, I'd say.  jgb isn't a troll and never has been.

Wait, he quit on his own?

While he was as dug in as you and refused to see anything good coming from Wilson - I never found him to be a troll...

Hope to have him back soon!

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Wait, he quit on his own?

While he was as dug in as you and refused to see anything good coming from Wilson - I never found him to be a troll...

Hope to have him back soon!

he was worse than 80 by a lot. basically think of a thread about mosely having a good game, or something comp;letely unrelated to wilson. he would pop in and turn it into wilson is the worst qb to ever play, anyone who beleives in wilson invented covid, and he is the smartest qb analyst on earth because he loved mac jones over wilson. than 80 would upvote him. not joking. but poor him, he was asked to tone it down a notch so he left licking his wounds