The Jets need to move on from MetLife.

johnnyjet

33 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Contractually they Jets can opt out of the dump in 2025. They need to get back to queens/Long Island.  I think the perfect location would be right next to citi field.  I know it’s a pipe dream. But it needs to be done 

Well, at least you know it’s a pipe dream.

34 minutes ago, johnnyjet said:

Contractually they Jets can opt out of the dump in 2025. They need to get back to queens/Long Island.  I think the perfect location would be right next to citi field.  I know it’s a pipe dream. But it needs to be done 

If the fans make a Concerted Effort in this you never know... Fans Actually have to Unite and let the ownership know how important this is to the Fan Base.

Who is paying for it? The city? That ain’t happening. The jets are going to fund it themselves? Ok so now double the psl cost you have today that everyone hates.

financially, it is simply not happening and this all about profit.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, doitny said:

honestly i would love to see the stats on how many players get injured there? i think that field has alot to do with our injury problems. and maybe look at Florham park too

The Jets should go back to Hempstead. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

The area does not need another huge stadium.  A 70-80K person venue on Long Island would be a disaster.

The WSS would have been an interesting novelty, but ultimately, it's better that that failed.

Man, I’d strongly disagree. I’d’ve become a season ticket holder had that WSS actually happened. I will agree about building anything in Queens being far less than ideal, though. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, slats said:

Man, I’d strongly disagree. I’d’ve become a season ticket holder had that WSS actually happened. I will agree about building anything in Queens being far less than ideal, though. 

There is literally a thread started today about HOW DARE THEY re: a $5 per ticket increase to a $55 seat.

What do you think would have happened if the stadium were in Manhattan and had half as many seats?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

And the mantra would be, "Woody priced out all the real jets fans... all that's left are suits."  Parking would have been $100, too.

I’d’ve taken the LIRR. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

There is literally a thread started today about HOW DARE THEY re: a $5 per ticket increase to a $55 seat.

What do you think would have happened if the stadium were in Manhattan and had half as many seats?

Fans wouldn't have to pay for parking in the WSS.  Public transportation.

• Upvote 2

It's crazy to me that the Jets can opt out.  Does that mean the Giants can't opt out?  I would assume so because what would happen if they both opted out?

If Woody does opt out, maybe he'll move the team to London.

41 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

LMAO

Right? They want a state of the art facility but complain about metlife prices 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Who is paying for it? The city? That ain’t happening. The jets are going to fund it themselves? Ok so now double the psl cost you have today that everyone hates.

financially, it is simply not happening and this all about profit.

Sadly this is correct, Woody could care less about anyone except himself and no way is he shelling out cash for a new stadium. 

The stadium really is a disgrace which is party the Jets/Giants fault and partially really bad timing.  Met life was finished just before teams learned how to build stadiums so that people actually attend.  You cant have a giant, open air, concrete circle that seats 70+ thousand people.

You need better bars/restaurants around the stadium, better atmosphere inside, more/better tech and a retractable roof. Im all for having an open air stadium for an advantage in December/January (although I believe there are league rules around opening/closing it) but fans are more fair weather these days and having the roof if its raining, super hot, etc is just what people want.  It could also be an advantage for crowd noise.

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Because fans who have zero financial interest in the franchise demand it.

Lol.  Woody took  his shot on the West Side Stadium.  He's done trying to get his own stadium.  

London or bust. 

C141E498-7B62-4A7A-81C4-8B63DB9F5441.jpeg