Jump to content

Joe Judge fired


johnnyjet
 Share

Recommended Posts

Dan Orlovsky on the Giants said Golladay was a massive mistake but the interesting thing.

And he tried to couch it as best he could, said (I paraphrase) 'Kadarius Toney is ahh ummm talented on the field but uuuummm ahhh well, off the field....he's let's say...a lot to handle'.

Thank God for Elijah Moore.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Biggs said:

The Jets have had 3 head coaches in the last 6 years, 2 in the last 3 and to date Saleh hasn't proven he's any good.  Judge had the Giants looking much better at the end of 2020 than Saleh had the Jets looking at the end of this year.   With the GM leaving this is a sound move that everyone in the NFL understands.

The Giants job is a great job.  If you're a solid HC they will  stick with you for a long time.  Flores or Harbaugh would both take the job in a second. 

Yeah you fell for the "Judge had the Giants playing better" when they beat all those tough teams down the stretch last year from the NFC East.  Kind of like "Gase had the Jets playing better" when they won those games ending the 2019 season.  The Giants spent like drunken sailors to add weapons for 2021 and on D in 2020.  How did that nice finish against garbage teams help going into last season.  Kinda like it helped Gase before him

Its amazing what some's perception is.  Over the last 5 years the Jets and Giants have the same shltty record but to some we're the clown show and the Giants are a good destination.   The Jets have  gone through HCs 

As for length of service the Jets gave Rex 6 years, Bowles 5, Gase two and Saleh is on his first year.  Saleh will be here at let 3 who knows maybe he becomes a long term HC.  Cute adding a HC who no one is looking to fire at this point, in his first season into the mix and only counting only 3 of anothers 5 years into it.  Nice way to skew numbers

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Judge is getting paid 15 million dollars over the next 3 years to NOT coach the Giants.  He celebrated tonight with a pizza and beer rager.  HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

085fecf75ce84c6a9e1d8f68f3a14991_md.jpg

Is this guy smarter then we give him credit for and he wanted out? 15 Mil and see ya

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah you fell for the "Judge had the Giants playing better" when they beat all those tough teams down the stretch last year from the NFC East.  Kind of like "Gase had the Jets playing better" when they won those games ending the 2019 season.  The Giants spent like drunken sailors to add weapons for 2021 and on D in 2020.  How did that nice finish against garbage teams help going into last season.  Kinda like it helped Gase before him

Its amazing what some's perception is.  Over the last 5 years the Jets and Giants have the same shltty record but to some we're the clown show and the Giants are a good destination.   The Jets have  gone through HCs 

As for length of service the Jets gave Rex 6 years, Bowles 5, Gase two and Saleh is on his first year.  Saleh will be here at let 3 who knows maybe he becomes a long term HC.  Cute adding a HC who no one is looking to fire at this point, in his first season into the mix and only counting only 3 of anothers 5 years into it.  Nice way to skew numbers

 

 

 

The Giants were playing much better toward the end of last season.  It’s not debatable.  The jets played much better at the end of Gases first year, not debatable.  I agree with your basic point teams that play better after they are eliminated toward the end of a season means nothing.  This forum is full of people arguing that the Jets were better down the stretch than the Giants.  My point is it means nothing.  Both teams suck and Saleh was worse than either Gase or Judge in the back half of his first season. 
 

Saleh to date hasn’t proven to be as good as either Gase or Judge.  Woody or Mara hanging on or moving on to bad hires doesn’t make either a good organization.  Both teams are clown shows until they start winning.   I do believe the perception around the league including coaches and players favors the Giants over the Jets as a destination.  
 

Kraft and BB are NFL royalty.  Both of them despise the Jets.  BB despises Woody.  They both have a lot of influence in NFL circles including with the Commissioner.   The Pats success is in large part the result of a coaching tree that was hired by the Giants and developed by them.  You simple can’t ignore the perception that Woody is a tool and the Giant are run by NFL legacy owners not baby shampoo legacies.   Even most Jets fans recognize Woody as a tool.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Judge was 10-23

McAdoo went 1-10 in year 2 after going 11-5 and making the playoffs in year 1.  Hard to imagine Judge was worse.

Not saying he was better or worse than McAdoo, I was insinuating that McAdoo would be their next hire ........again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Judge is getting paid 15 million dollars over the next 3 years to NOT coach the Giants.  He celebrated tonight with a pizza and beer rager.  HAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

085fecf75ce84c6a9e1d8f68f3a14991_md.jpg

Apparently, he was throwing a party with the coaching staff after all being let go as a thank you for their 2 years of service. 

I'm not a Joe Judge fan by any means, but I think that's a cool thing to do...especially when most coaches don't seem to care too much about their assistants.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Giants were playing much better toward the end of last season.  It’s not debatable.  The jets played much better at the end of Gases first year, not debatable.  I agree with your basic point teams that play better after they are eliminated toward the end of a season means nothing.  This forum is full of people arguing that the Jets were better down the stretch than the Giants.  My point is it means nothing.  Both teams suck and Saleh was worse than either Gase or Judge in the back half of his first season. 
 

Saleh to date hasn’t proven to be as good as either Gase or Judge.  Woody or Mara hanging on or moving on to bad hires doesn’t make either a good organization.  Both teams are clown shows until they start winning.   I do believe the perception around the league including coaches and players favors the Giants over the Jets as a destination.  
 

Kraft and BB are NFL royalty.  Both of them despise the Jets.  BB despises Woody.  They both have a lot of influence in NFL circles including with the Commissioner.   The Pats success is in large part the result of a coaching tree that was hired by the Giants and developed by them.  You simple can’t ignore the perception that Woody is a tool and the Giant are run by NFL legacy owners not baby shampoo legacies.   Even most Jets fans recognize Woody as a tool.  

Judge did nothing, please don’t argue that his first season wasn’t similar to the winning by Gases Jets at the end of his 1st season.

‘You want to argue that Saleh isn’t as good as Judge or Gase go for it.  
‘I’m not getting into one of your long winded arguments.  Your 3 HCs in 6 seasons for the Jets was pointless and your Saleh comments are just as pointless, yes we don’t know if he’ll be good or bad.  But he’s not Gase or Judge.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Judge did nothing, please don’t argue that his first season wasn’t similar to the winning by Gases Jets at the end of his 1st season.

‘You want to argue that Saleh isn’t as good as Judge or Gase go for it.  
‘I’m not getting into one of your long winded arguments.  Your 3 HCs in 6 seasons for the Jets was pointless and your Saleh comments are just as point;was, yes we don’t know if he’ll be good or bad.  But he’s not Gase or Judge.  Sorry, this is nonsense 

To date as a HC he's worse.  There's simply no denying how badly he bungled Zach's development and how bad the defense played.    The Jets and the Giants are terrible teams.  As of today the Jets have management that has shown no ability to build a winner.  The Giants have no management in place.  The Giants are actually ahead of the Jets because they have moved on from sunk cost sooner.  

Gase as a rookie HC with Miami was miles better than Saleh.  He was miles better than Saleh year 1 with the Jets.  You simply can't have watched this season and think this team was well run.  It wasn't.

FYI this years putrid NY Giants had a better point differential than the Jets did.  That's how bad the Jets were under Saleh. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Biggs said:

To date as a HC he's worse.  There's simply no denying how badly he bungled Zach's development and how bad the defense played.    The Jets and the Giants are terrible teams.  As of today the Jets have management that has shown no ability to build a winner.  The Giants have no management in place.  The Giants are actually ahead of the Jets because they have moved on from sunk cost sooner.  

Gase as a rookie HC with Miami was miles better than Saleh.  He was miles better than Saleh year 1 with the Jets.  You simply can't have watched this season and think this team was well run.  It wasn't.

FYI this years putrid NY Giants had a better point differential than the Jets did.  That's how bad the Jets were under Saleh. 

You’re seriously going to compare the two teams roster, the FAs the Giants have signed the past 2 seasons and then claim Saleh wasn’t as good as Judge?  Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re seriously going to compare the two teams roster, the FAs the Giants have signed the past 2 seasons and then claim Saleh wasn’t as good as Judge?  Lol

When the Giants had their starting QB heatlhy they went 4 and 7.   You left that part out.  Are you seriously arguing that Zach is worse than Mike Glennon?  Mike Glennon may have been the only QB with a worse QBR than Zach.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I agree, but my gut keeps telling me he ends up in Chicago.  Things are a little more settled there it seems like. 

Agree, I don't think Flores goes to the Giants. Warranted or not the reports of him being potentially difficult with players/coaches will be a big no for Mara.

I think the Gaints are going with an established head coach. There was a previous post about the GM being the guy from Buffalo and him bringing daboll and while I can see that - I just think the new coach will have had head coaching experience and a squeaky clean past.

Maybe Zimmer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who Fn cares?  Judge was a horror of a HC.  He called for back to back QB sneaks fro inside his 10, playing scared.  Wow, with plenty of weapons and Jones Judge went 4-7!  Call me unimpressed.  Judge was a HS football coach trying to impress with his tough guy, Bellichick approach without any credibility.  When you go off for 11 minutes of a presser that you aren’t a clown show, you’re a clown show.  When you stare into the camera and flat out lie that players who left have contacted you wishing they could return you’re a liar heading a clown show.  The giants over the last 5 years have the same record as the Jets but the Jets are into the blow it up and rebuild it that Mara said the Giants have to go through.  The Giants have no cap and lots of bad contracts.  The Jets are at the top in regards to cap room.  
You have Giants envy and see them as a better place than here.  Good for you

Judge is gone.  He deserved to be fired.  Firing him was a good move.  The Giants have great draft capital and after next year a good GM will have them in reasonably good cap space.  There pool for getting a proven good HC this year is excellent.  

The Giant job is simply better because Woody isn't their owner.   You actually think they have a better roster which might even be helpful to a new proven HC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

The Giant job is simply better because Woody isn't their owner.

John Mara and Steve Tisch haven't earned the goodwill to believe they as owners can turn the Giants around after a long stretch of sustained losing they're currently going through. I certainly wouldn't be saying, "Woody isn't their owner," as if that means they're substantially better - even with their 2 fluke Super Bowls they won with a couple teams (10-6 & 9-7) barely over 500. They're no Wellington Mara that's for sure. Too bad the Jets didn't have their horseshoe up their ass luck in the back-to-back Conference Championship games from 2009-2010. With all that said the Giants are a Fing mess and much worse off than the Jets at the moment. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/12/2022 at 8:26 AM, Jet Nut said:

The Giants pulled the plug on Shurmur after only 2 years

The Giants pulled the plug on McAdoo after only 2 years

The Giants pulled the plug on Judge after only 2 years.

I'm seeing a pattern here.  Either their inept at hiring HCs or impatient with their hires.  Isnt a place where a Flores will run too.  And has no bearing on what the Jets are doing.  

The Texans just fired their coach after one year...teams are showing they are willing to move on if they don't see improvement in a short period of time...right or wrong, this is going on all over the NFL, not just the Giants..the old adage of giving a coach and GM at least 3 years is quickly losing it's cache...The Jets are no exception..Woody is not getting any younger.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/11/2022 at 6:27 PM, Bungaman said:

OOooh ouch! This guy from the Post really digs into the owners. The Johnson brothers don't seem as bad as these guys, from this vantage point: 

Bit*hslap ... 

The Giants or Jags are probably the most dysfunctional franchise in the league right now, closely followed by the Texans. It's a disaster there, and next year the Giants will be the sole owner of the worst record in the league since 2016, not tied with the Jets. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Hex said:

The Giants or Jags are probably the most dysfunctional franchise in the league right now, closely followed by the Texans. It's a disaster there, and next year the Giants will be the sole owner of the worst record in the league since 2016, not tied with the Jets. 

According the Daily News It was Tisch who pushed to have Judge fired. Mara wanted to keep him.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, NYJets43 said:

According the Daily News It was Tisch who pushed to have Judge fired. Mara wanted to keep him.

Makes sense, I guess. Mara's probably sick of firing coaches so quickly, but Tisch was probably worried by that crazy press conference. It was like he was going delusional.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

The Texans just fired their coach after one year...teams are showing they are willing to move on if they don't see improvement in a short period of time...right or wrong, this is going on all over the NFL, not just the Giants..the old adage of giving a coach and GM at least 3 years is quickly losing it's cache...The Jets are no exception..Woody is not getting any younger.  

He wasn’t fired for not performing though.  I’d bet they’re hiring Flores to ease Watson back in.  He was a bridge HC until they knew what was going on.  Which is why he got a 5 year deal just like every other HC including Judge but only had 2 years guaranteed, unlike every other HC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Hex said:

Makes sense, I guess. Mara's probably sick of firing coaches so quickly, but Tisch was probably worried by that crazy press conference. It was like he was going delusional.

That’s what makes it so interesting. If he doesn’t have that dumbass press conference and hands it off instead of that absurd B2B QB sneak sequence he is probably back. 
 

The guy became a talking point on every local/national show the past two weeks and was a complete laughing stock. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...