Joe Judge fired

johnnyjet

22 hours ago, Biggs said:

To date as a HC he's worse.  There's simply no denying how badly he bungled Zach's development and how bad the defense played.    The Jets and the Giants are terrible teams.  As of today the Jets have management that has shown no ability to build a winner.  The Giants have no management in place.  The Giants are actually ahead of the Jets because they have moved on from sunk cost sooner.  

Gase as a rookie HC with Miami was miles better than Saleh.  He was miles better than Saleh year 1 with the Jets.  You simply can't have watched this season and think this team was well run.  It wasn't.

FYI this years putrid NY Giants had a better point differential than the Jets did.  That's how bad the Jets were under Saleh. 

For some reason, Saleh gets a huge free pass on this site.

He has been a terrible HC so far.. but it's certainly not to be discussed here without being attacked.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

He has been a terrible HC so far.. but it's certainly not to be discussed here without being attacked.

Not sure he gets a free pass.  I think there has been criticism of him but people are willing to give him at least a 2nd season.  I'm hardly sold on the guy but let's see if he can do a better job next year when we'll (in theory) have added some more talent.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

It’s called a honeymoon year. All Robert Saleh had to do in year 1 was not be Adam Gase. 

In year 2 his seat will turn hot if the Jets are out of contention by Halloween (per usual). 

In order to ensure a year three the Jets will need to avoid a disastrous season. I think Saleh and Douglas realize this. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/14/2022 at 9:58 AM, NYJets43 said:

It’s called a honeymoon year. All Robert Saleh had to do in year 1 was not be Adam Gase. 

In year 2 his seat will turn hot if the Jets are out of contention by Halloween (per usual). 

In order to ensure a year three the Jets will need to avoid a disastrous season. I think Saleh and Douglas realize this. 

Robert Saleh wasn’t Adam Gase but he looked a lot like Todd Bowles

On 1/14/2022 at 8:07 AM, Dcat said:

I’m not a big fan thus far but you have to add an extra year of leeway on defense when going from 3-4 to 4-3.