A Visual Representation of the Jets Recent Success Relative to the Rest of the League

11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Where are all the Woody supporters now??????    Our owner has done almost nothing well.

Except being born a Johnson.  

Jets fans are so kind to this idiot.  He is like the worst owner we could ever have gotten.    Inexperienced. Incompetent.   Greedy.  Gullible.  Stupid. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Where are all the Woody supporters now??????    Our owner has done almost nothing well.

Except being born a Johnson.  

Woody needs to be lambasted publicly and loudly by Jets fans.  Repeatedly.  Publicly.  

• Upvote 1

Woody needs to be lambasted publicly and loudly by Jets fans.  Repeatedly.  Publicly.  
I will say this...every time woody posts something on social media, there are multiple comments asking him to sell the team... he has to at least be made aware of these comments

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, frankiepapa said:

I will say this...every time woody posts something on social media, there are multiple comments asking him to sell the team... he has to at least be made aware of these comments

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

you're assuming Woody is actually the one doing the tweeting. The guy probably doesn't even wipe his own ass, let alone manage his favorite assets social media.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Jets fans are so kind to this idiot.  He is like the worst owner we could ever have gotten.    Inexperienced. Incompetent.   Greedy.  Gullible.  Stupid. 

Rich as all **** and that's all he cares about. Laughs as his bottom ranked team makes him countless $$$.

• Upvote 1

TBH, this is a bit overstated. We're really in the same boat as teams like the Dolphins, Giants, and Lions. The fact that our 10-6 team narrowly missed the wild card in 2015 doesn't really make us significantly worse than the Dolphins who made it in 2016 as a wild card at 10-6 but haven't won a playoff game since Bill Clinton was president.

Obviously we have sucked for a decade but we're aren't really "alone" here. If we'd made the 6 seed in 2015 and gotten blown out in the wild card round would you think about the team any differently?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

TBH, this is a bit overstated. We're really in the same boat as teams like the Dolphins, Giants, and Lions. The fact that our 10-6 team narrowly missed the wild card in 2015 doesn't really make us significantly worse than the Dolphins who made it in 2016 as a wild card at 10-6 but haven't won a playoff game since Bill Clinton was president.

Obviously we have sucked for a decade but we're aren't really "alone" here. If we'd made the 6 seed in 2015 and gotten blown out in the wild card round would you think about the team any differently?

I guess if you don't consider making playoffs an important distinction than it is overstated. This is one way of looking at things, not the only way.

Playoff games are exciting to watch - it's a chance to advance towards the superbowl and win a championship. I personally think it's a very important metric to track. It's obviously important to look at playoff games won too - but you can't win them unless you actually qualify for the playoffs.

I think our enjoyment level as fans would be increased quite a bit if we qualified for playoffs, even if we got blown out wildcard weekend. It's obviously not the ultimate goal, but you're talking about watching meaningful December football hoping to make the playoffs, then being excited leading up to wildcard weekend and of course watching the wildcard game. Those things are all meaningful in terms of enjoyment as a fan.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I guess if you don't consider making playoffs an important distinction than it is overstated. This is one way of looking at things, not the only way.

Playoff games are exciting to watch - it's a chance to advance towards the superbowl and win a championship. I personally think it's a very important metric to track. It's obviously important to look at playoff games won too - but you can't win them unless you actually qualify for the playoffs.

I think our enjoyment level as fans would be increased quite a bit if we qualified for playoffs, even if we got blown out wildcard weekend. It's obviously not the ultimate goal, but you're talking about watching meaningful December football hoping to make the playoffs, then being excited leading up to wildcard weekend and of course watching the wildcard game. Those things are all meaningful in terms of enjoyment as a fan.

Don't get me wrong, I want to make the playoffs and in a general sense it's an important marker for success. 

I just think it's overstated to claim "look at that HUGE gap between the Jets and Dolphins" when we had essentially an equivalent season the year before and didn't make it out of happenstance.

I'll also say that now that 7 teams per conference make it the excuses go down as well. If a crappy 9-7-1 Steelers team can make it we should be able to as well -- the season shouldn't over before Halloween every year. I want to be in it.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Nah, our boy @Jetsfan80 found a real woman, and a beautiful one at that. Go figure. It was almost as unlikely as Mike Maccagnan being hired to be the general manager of an NFL team.

Particularly impressive, I must say, given that people say I look a bit like Mike Maccagnan.  Or at least I used to before losing weight.  :)   

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Hex said:

And the fact that the broncos are the only team to never have a 1 overall pick

They're that good

Yet they still somehow acquired the rights to # 1 overall pick John Elway.  The Colts are the most overrated organization in the NFL under Jim Irsay's drug-riddled ownership. 

F**kin hell.  I kinda hate the Broncos for all their success in a relatively small market.  

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet they still somehow acquired the rights to # 1 overall pick John Elway.  The Colts are the most overrated organization in the NFL under Jim Irsay's drug-riddled ownership. 

F**kin hell.  I kinda hate the Broncos for all their success in a relatively small market.  

I’ve hated them ever since the 98 title game 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This doesn't make me feel any better.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, jamesr said:

I would ask ... as depressing as that chart looks, at what point does it kind of become irrelevant?

Making the playoffs once, getting bounced and not making it back again won't make any of us feel all that much better IMHO.

Are Broncos / Giants / Lions / Dolphins / etc fans looking at that and thinking "hey, at least we're not the Jets"? How great does Washington's playoff spot last year feel after how this season went? Houston and Minny can hardly be basking in their 2019 successes right now.

Yes. Literally. 

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yet... 2 homers down voted my post.  One is Xtina who seems obsessed in down voting me as I basically call it like I see it. We are a BOTTOM 4 team in all aspects right now.  THAT is under Woody's legacy. What has he done to show any acumen?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

As Barry says, the playoffs are absolutely an important benchmark. 

But let's expand the metrics we look at and check out the overall performance from 2011-present for the Giants, Lions, Dolphins and Jets:

Giants

• 3 winning seasons (9-7 in 2011; 9-7 in 2012; 11-5 in 2016)
  • 1 division title (2011)
  • 2 playoff appearances (2011, 2016)
  • Playoff record:  4-1
  • Super Bowl win (2011)
  • Regular season overall record:  70-107 (.395)

Lions

• 4 winning seasons (10-6 in 2011; 11-5 in 2014; 9-7 in 2016; 9-7 in 2017)
  • 0 division titles
  • 3 playoff appearances (2011, 2014, 2016)
  • Playoff record:  0-3
  • Regular season overall record:  74-102-1 (.418)

Dolphins

• 3 winning seasons (10-6 in 2016; 10-6 in 2020; 9-8 in 2021)
  • 0 division titles
  • 1 playoff appearance (2016)
  • Playoff record:  0-1
  • Regular season overall record:  82-95 (.463)

Jets

• 1 winning season (10-6 in 2015)
  • 0 division titles
  • 0 playoff appearances
  • Playoff record:  0-0
  • Regular season overall record:  63-114 (.356)

In light of all of the above, I don't view us as "peers" with any of those 3 teams.  The Giants won a SB and a division title, plus had an 11-win season in 2016.  The Dolphins and Lions haven't won any playoff games, but they each have a much better regular season record and have each had 2 winning seasons AFTER our last winning season in 2015.

The Jets are in their own class of suck.

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is a very astute point. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is a very astute point. 

Not really, no.  Just look at the comparison between us and Miami that I posted above.  We've won less than 36 % of our games since 2011.  The Dolphins have won over 46 % of theirs.  

In addition, since 2016, the Dolphins are 10-2 against the Jets.  They've won 8 of their last 9 against the Jets, including the last 4 in a row.

We aren't in the same class as the Dolphins, and haven't been for a good while.  That's pathetic when you consider the Dolphins have sucked too.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But let's expand the metrics we look at and check out the overall performance from 2011-present for the Giants, Lions, Dolphins and Jets:

Giants

• Super Bowl win (2011)

Lions

• 0 division titles

Dolphins

• 0 division titles

Jets

• 0 division titles
  • 0 playoff appearances

In light of all of the above, I don't view us as "peers" with any of those 3 teams.  The Giants won a SB and a division title, plus had an 11-win season in 2016.  The Dolphins and Lions haven't won any playoff games, but they each have a much better regular season record and have each had 2 winning seasons AFTER our last winning season in 2015.

In terms of the regular season, no question. The Jets stand alone. We have been the worst franchise, week in and week out, since 2011. Which is just crazy to think about. 

But, not having won a playoff game since the 90 season (Bengals), 91 season (Lions), or even 2000 (Dolphins) is just brutal. I personally wouldn't trade our last 30 years for the Cincy's/Detroit's or our last 20 years for Miami's.  

Just now, slimjasi said:

In terms of the regular season, no question. The Jets stand alone. We have been the worst franchise, week in and week out, since 2011. Which is just crazy to think about. 

But, not having won a playoff game since the 90 season (Bengals), 91 season (Lions), or even 2000 (Dolphins) is just brutal. I personally wouldn't trade our last 30 years for the Cincy's/Detroit's or our last 20 years for Miami's.  

But we're only talking about 2011-present.  Untouchable is arguing that since 2011, we are in the same class as Detroit, Miami, and the Giants.  We aren't.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not really, no.  We've won less than 36 % of our games since 2011.  The Dolphins have won over 46 % of theirs.  

In addition, since 2016, the Dolphins are 10-2 against the Jets.  They've won 8 of their last 9 against the Jets, including the last 4 in a row.

We aren't in the same class as the Dolphins, and haven't been for a good while.  That's pathetic when you consider the Dolphins have sucked too.  

The Dolphins have been better for awhile, but to me, you've had a good season if you make the playoffs and everything else is different levels of misery. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The Dolphins have been better for awhile, but to me, you've had a good season if you make the playoffs and everything else is different levels of misery. 

Right, but if you're not going to make the playoffs, at least having a competitive team is better than being one of the dregs.  That 2015 season Jets season was pretty fun.....up until Week 17, at least.  

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Giants

• Super Bowl win (2011)

Lions

• 0 division titles

Dolphins

• 0 division titles

Jets

• 0 division titles
  • 0 playoff appearances

You're flipping the argument and arguing something else though.

In terms of "who has been the worst team over the last ten years" 100% agree we've been worse than the Dolphins and Giants, and probably the Lions too. In that argument our closest "peer" would be the Jaguars. I didn't use Jaguars in this argument, however, because their 2017 team actually won playoff games and were a play away from the Super Bowl.

This argument is about how we're "by far the worst" because we haven't made the playoffs since 2010 when the thing that makes us stand out in that regard is really just that in 2015 the AFC Wild Card pool was stronger than usual.

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

You're flipping the argument and arguing something else though.

In terms of "who has been the worst team over the last ten years" 100% agree we've been worse than the Dolphins and Giants, and probably the Lions too. In that argument our closest "peer" would be the Jaguars. I didn't use Jaguars in this argument, however, because their 2017 team actually won playoff games and were a play away from the Super Bowl.

This argument is about how we're "by far the worst" because we haven't made the playoffs since 2010 when the thing that makes us stand out in that regard is really just that in 2015 the AFC Wild Card pool was stronger than usual.

I don't know how you can look at the info I presented and determine we weren't "by far the worst".  We were terrible in every category.  Each of the other 3 teams had something positive you could point to. 

For Miami, it was overall regular season winning % and more competitive play.  Them being 10-2 against us since 2016 doesn't hurt either.

For Detroit, it was their 4 winning seasons, 3 playoff appearances (including an 11-win season) AND a better regular season record by 11 games.

For the Giants, it was their SB run and a division title in that span.  

We had nothing good to point to since 2011 outside of one 10-6 season that didn't result in a playoff appearance and was followed swiftly by horrendous play ever since.  

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't know how you can look at the info I presented and determine we weren't "by far the worst".  We were terrible in every category.  Each of the other 3 teams had something positive you could point to. 

For Miami, it was overall regular season winning % and more competitive play.  Them being 10-2 against us since 2016 doesn't hurt either.

For Detroit, it was their 4 winning seasons, 3 playoff appearances (including an 11-win season) AND a better regular season record by 11 games.

For the Giants, it was their SB run and a division title in that span.  

We had nothing good to point to since 2011 outside of one 10-6 season that didn't result in a playoff appearance and was followed swiftly by horrendous play ever since.  

So yeah, you're just making different arguments. Nothing you said in this post refutes what I just laid out. I agree that on an overall basis we've been worse than those teams.

Here's the point I was making -- if the 2016 AFC Wild card picture was a little stronger then the Dolphins go further left on the graph than the Jets, to 2008. The fact that the Jets are way left in 2010 is somewhat arbitrary by that standard.