Brandon Scherff?

19 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

That’s with any team. If you’re spending big in free agency it’s prob not a good thing. 
Like I said, it’s the end of the career veterans that choose to go to a winning team over biggest contract. Otherwise most guys are chasing dollars. Good or bad. We’ve had hits. We’ve had misses. This is nothing new. 

Depends on the player. KC just paid FA Thuney a fortune and they're pretty happy with the signing. Ditto Mathieu a couple years before him. Those two were their only big splash UFAs in the past 3 offseasons and they hit on both. 

We just suck, lol.

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Where we are headed hed be lucky to come here.  But we arent interested in aging players looking to break the bank.  

And he isn't  interested in a team that just went 4 and 13 and is still rebuilding when  contenders will be lining up to sign him. I hate to break this to you but we hold no cards, we are on a draw. 

22 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't disagree, which is why it was phrased as a question.

I'm all for guys making as much money as possible, not judging them..

But we hear all the time guys taking less money (usually not a lot less) to play in places where they have a better chance of winning - and some guys just go wherever they can make the most money.

Is there a difference in passion between those two?  I honestly don't know.

Hard to say. Ive heard by some ex NFL players that most of them do it for the money. Just like most of us at our jobs. I do still think the passion is there for a bunch but even if you have passion, losing takes its toll on you. It is more “fun” to go to a winner. 

Mosley for all that he is overpaid is a tone setter and leader.  His teammates voted him MVP.

Mosley signed with the Jets because he was grossly overpaid.   I think in 2023 he is home, on another team, or on the Jets not paid nearly as much.  

I am not opposed to paying up for a WR and S that would set the tone and make an impact.  Godwin, Robinson, Reid, Bates, etc.