Your list of most annoying/overused NFL Draft phrases?

slimjasi

6 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Trade down

I think the Jets should trade down

We should trade down and acquire more picks

Down, we should trade

How come that team traded down but we didn't trade down

The Jets should trade down to trade down town

I've performed the eye test and we should trade down

Look at the chart, we should trade down

I'm on record as saying we should trade down

I have no idea what to say so I'm just gonna say we should trade down

Barter Bottomward

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Can't believe we haven't said this one yet, one of my faves...

"He's a tweener"

In my best Mel Kiper voice as he rushes to cram as many words into 5 seconds as possible...

I read this at mile a minute pace in Kiper’s Baltimore accent. Well done. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

“ Jets are on the clock” 

normally i would agree with this ... however i will fix it for you based on the past 5 years coverage.

"Jets are on the cl... ... ... commercial break" .... 

followed by 5 picks and then a graphic showing who the Jets Picked.

-- oh yeah and "Consensus best player in the draft", "he's got small hands", "you don't see athletes this size", ".. he made a stupid kid mistake with that pound of crystal he was selling".

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

" plan is to build through the draft" -every single team has that plan that is what the purpose of the draft is -every failed jets gm says the same thing -our plan is to build through the draft and build a team built for long term success-Joe said this then bombed on his first draft something awful

the other one is find players "that can play well in our system" if good or great players cant play well in your system then your system sucks 

This is a steal! - Coined by Mel 'Steal' Kiper

Jets Fan - I have to look at the tape! - E.g., ESPN, CBS Sports

Jets Fan - He's not that high on my board! - E.g., profootballnetwork.com

He has the pedigree! - Did Tom Brady have a pedigree?  Did 99.9% of players have a pedigree?

His bloodlines are great! - What does his blood type have to do with anything?

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

Special does not and never has meant stupid.  And I say that as a parent of a child with special needs, who is far from stupid.

My son was diagnosed with mild autism back when he was five years old. He was learning and speech delayed but he is the most unique and special person that I know. I learn something new from him every time we speak… He’s 19 now and attending Penn state

• Post of the Week 2

17 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

My son was diagnosed with mild autism back when he was five years old. He was learning and speech delayed but he is the most unique and special person that I know. I learn something new from him every time we speak… He’s 19 now and attending Penn state

That is awesome.  Too many people don't understand what young men and women like my daughter and your son can accomplish given the proper support.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Lith said:

That is awesome.  Too many people don't understand what young men and women like my daughter and your son can accomplish given the proper support.

My wife was on the phone with a young mother last night encouraging her to get beyond the stigma and aggressively advocate for their child. There are so many resources available that many are unaware of.

I knew there was a reason we get along DESPITE your misplaced Icelanders enfatuation!

• Haha 1