Bills-Pats Game

Gen X Jet

4 hours ago, undertow said:

Bills run defense is obviously a weakness but you think they have a weak running game?  I think they just didn't focus on it and have been pass happy for a few years....over the pass month they seem to be focused on getting Singeltary going and with Allens running ability they have been really good the past few months. 

Yes, they're running game is weak. It's gotten better, but Allen still tends to be their top rusher. Most of their lineman don't get solid push off the line. None of them are 'power' blockers who can push guys back. They consistently fail to open holes for backs that can't make it past the first contact. Singletary, their lead back, is looking better, but he's still not putting up numbers or performances that make teams afraid of the Bills running game. 

It's going to be cold and it's tough to throw and catch when the ball is a rock. They had a ton of drops against the Jets and that's not going to be survivable against a playoff Patriots team that can physically beat them up when they don't have to worry about the passing as much. 

This game is tailor made for the Pats to abuse a soft team that relies on speed to win. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

When you live in the middle of the fish tank down here in SFL, it's very easy to consider them the chum of the AFC East...plus, thousands of us Jet fans down here.  Fail Miami Dolphins GIF

I know what you mean

it was good to see the dolpfans go back under the rock that they came out from.

now I hope both teams lose, (though that’s not possible), one has to lose this week and hope it’s NE, my second favorite team is who is playing the Patriots. With that being said the Bills losing next week would be gratifying. Too bad it’s not the Jets beating beating both of them (rose colored glasses) maybe it will happen in my lifetime. Rooting for over 60 years

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

With all due respect though, Allen has proven himself a lot more than ZW has and has earned the benefit of the doubt. I’m not saying ZW sucks btw.  I’m just not sure either way yet.  

I completely get what you are saying, but people aren’t putting anything into perspective when it comes to Zach, so why not do the same for all?  I mean Allen  did throw 3 picks the week prior.    That’s why i keep saying its a useless debate, at the moment 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

Yes, they're running game is weak. It's gotten better, but Allen still tends to be their top rusher. Most of their lineman don't get solid push off the line. None of them are 'power' blockers who can push guys back. They consistently fail to open holes for backs that can't make it past the first contact. Singletary, their lead back, is looking better, but he's still not putting up numbers or performances that make teams afraid of the Bills running game. 

It's going to be cold and it's tough to throw and catch when the ball is a rock. They had a ton of drops against the Jets and that's not going to be survivable against a playoff Patriots team that can physically beat them up when they don't have to worry about the passing as much. 

This game is tailor made for the Pats to abuse a soft team that relies on speed to win. 

Sadly I'm in agreement with you. All the experts are picking against the Pats, Belicheat will do his usual 'it's us against the world' stuff and will cook something up to slow Allen down. Allen was near perfect the last game, I don't see him being that way again and a couple of mistakes against Belichick in the playoffs is just asking to be eliminated

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I still dislike the Dolphins more than the Bills.

For whatever reason, I have always accepted the Bills over the other two.   Hated the Dolphins with a passion.   Perhaps its because the Bills overtook the Flippers when we couldn't.   Never had any hatred for the Bills during their dominant years, probably because we sucked and couldn't even compete, so better the Bills than the Dolphins.   The Pats and BB, nothing else really needs to be said.   So, "Lets Go Buffalo"

3 hours ago, Rangers1 said:

I know what you mean

it was good to see the dolpfans go back under the rock that they came out from.

now I hope both teams lose, (though that’s not possible), one has to lose this week and hope it’s NE, my second favorite team is who is playing the Patriots. With that being said the Bills losing next week would be gratifying. Too bad it’s not the Jets beating beating both of them (rose colored glasses) maybe it will happen in my lifetime. Rooting for over 60 years

Always rooting for someone else to take care of our bullies

if the bills punter has another stellar game, they're toast.  i know the patsie strength is more short passing and running but i would be surprised to see some deep routes or even some trick plays.  allen is capable of screwing up a wet dream so it's going to be interesting to see if he'll be able to complete passes.  the patsies will find a way to shut down diggs and get a pass rush.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

The whole NFL is the Jet’s bullies. They haven’t won sh*t in years. 

So true.  We'll always have SBIII and the one glorious win in Foxboro..   Of course wasn't alive to see Joe Willie and sh** the bed in Pittsburgh.

12 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

The weather is certainly in the Pats favor as the BIlls have a weak running game and struggle to stop the run. If the weather slows down the Bills offense and makes them run more so the Pats don't have to pass to keep up with Buffalo's scoring then it's a rough day for the Bills. 

Yeah; what is that? what is the point of home field advantage if it doesn't give you an advantage? You would think playing in Buffalo they would build a quality run game and run defense.

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Josh Allen has not played very well the last part of the season, other than some of his running.  He has to keep on running.

But his best game, and it was a good one was against the Pats while Jones played like garbage in that game

It's funny to hear someone who hates the Bills more than the Dolphins.

Even now that they're good the Bills don't move the hate needle with me at all. Pats will always be 1, Dolphins will always be 2, but there are a variety of teams (Giants, Raiders, Steelers) that I dislike more than the Bills. If Darnold had panned out and we had a Darnold vs. Allen dynamic maybe that would get my juices flowing but it's not an easy team to hate. It's a small market team that sucked forever with a passionate fanbase that is finally winning.

As far as the game goes -- should be low scoring and defensive. Both teams have great defenses but at the end of the day Josh Allen >>> Mac Jones in every way so I expect the Bills to win.

Still, if I were betting I might go Pats +4 just because my nature as a Jets fan is such that I inherently fear respect Belichick more than I should. It's his third crack at this Bills team and I have no doubt his team will be prepared and it's not a bad idea to have the points on your side if you think it will be a low scoring close game.

12 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

Obviously everyone hates the Pats but I'm not that fond of the Bills either as I went to college upstate- trashbag fans.  Both teams are bigger rivals than the Dolphins at this point who should be moved to AFC South.

What kind of gameplan will Belichick concoct?  He's already done the running all game gig.  Putting the game in Mac Jones' hands in 7 degree weather is not a recipe for a win.  A fascinating AFC East matchup.

The Bills seem to be peaking now, I mean just look at the sack numbers in the last 4 games. I'm not so sure the Pats are or if they are treading water at this point. 

The weather is certainly in the Pats favor as the BIlls have a weak running game and struggle to stop the run. If the weather slows down the Bills offense and makes them run more so the Pats don't have to pass to keep up with Buffalo's scoring then it's a rough day for the Bills. 

Why would the Bills not pass. They drafted Allen for this kind of weather.

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's funny to hear someone who hates the Bills more than the Dolphins.

Even now that they're good the Bills don't move the hate needle with me at all. Pats will always be 1, Dolphins will always be 2, but there are a variety of teams (Giants, Raiders, Steelers) that I dislike more than the Bills. If Darnold had panned out and we had a Darnold vs. Allen dynamic maybe that would get my juices flowing but it's not an easy team to hate. It's a small market team that sucked forever with a passionate fanbase that is finally winning.

As far as the game goes -- should be low scoring and defensive. Both teams have great defenses but at the end of the day Josh Allen >>> Mac Jones in every way so I expect the Bills to win.

Still, if I were betting I might go Pats +4 just because my nature as a Jets fan is such that I inherently fear respect Belichick more than I should. It's his third crack at this Bills team and I have no doubt his team will be prepared and it's not a bad idea to have the points on your side if you think it will be a low scoring close game.

All week I have been on the bills for this game but the more I think it through, gotta agree with you that old bill has something prepared. 

lost a bunch of money this year going against the pats so maybe either sit it out or a small bet on the pats.

not this thread I understand but I have a very strange feeling the eagles pull an upset.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

if the bills punter has another stellar game, they're toast.  i know the patsie strength is more short passing and running but i would be surprised to see some deep routes or even some trick plays.  allen is capable of screwing up a wet dream so it's going to be interesting to see if he'll be able to complete passes.  the patsies will find a way to shut down diggs and get a pass rush.

I think that's a typo and you meant you "wouldn't be surprised to see...".  I agree with you.  I think the Pats will go deep into their bag of tricks on Saturday.

Just now, pajet said:

Funny thing is Shula doesn't get much flack for this while BB is considered a world renowned scumbag.

I could make the case this was worse, we saw the tangible evidence of what it did to the fast, shifty Jet offense and how the field conditions helped the plodding Fish that day.  Plus Shula being head of the rules committee as the HC of a team was kind of shady and left a lot of doubt in your mind whenever the fish got a call that benefitted them.  Much worse than Patriot bias

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Kind of a tale of two teams heading in different directions. Since being deadly afraid of allowing Mac Jones to attempt a pass, the Pats have gone 1-3 and Mac Jones has been exposed for what he is sans 1 good game vs. Jax.  The Pats have lost their last 3 of 4.  The Bills have won 4 straight and the D has been lights out.  

The only way for the Patriots to win is someone how hide their QB again and try to win just running the ball for the entire game again.  If they ask Mac Jones to do anything at all with the Football, they will be destroyed.  0 degrees, 14 mph wind.  lmfao.  He wont even be able to throw the ball 15 yards. 

• Upvote 2

Have we ever had a memorable win against the Bills btw?  The Dolphins we had 51-45 and the Monday Night Miracle.  The Pats we had the 28-21 playoff win.  But I can't think of a great win against the Bills.  Is there one that I'm forgetting?  Obviously they had that wildcard win against us plus the 2015 season ending game where they took us out.  Have we ever had one of those against them?

26 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The Bills seem to be peaking now, I mean just look at the sack numbers in the last 4 games. I'm not so sure the Pats are or if they are treading water at this point. 

The Pats record against teams with a winning record was 3-7

Bills were .500.

Bills are home.

Expect some cheating

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Kind of a tale of two teams heading in different directions. Since being deadly afraid of allowing Mac Jones to attempt a pass, the Pats have gone 1-3 and Mac Jones has been exposed for what he is sans 1 good game vs. Jax.  The Pats have lost their last 3 of 4.  The Bills have won 4 straight and the D has been lights out.  

The only way for the Patriots to win is someone how hide their QB again and try to win just running the ball for the entire game again.  If they ask Mac Jones to do anything at all with the Football, they will be destroyed.  0 degrees, 14 mph wind.  lmfao.  He wont even be able to throw the ball 15 yards. 

So I will take the bullet and bet the pats therefore guaranteeing a Bills win especially since I liked them all week. Just the way it goes.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

BB will do something creative to keep them close.  But it'll be interesting if Mac plays poorly and the Pats lose (even if it's very close like I'm expecting) to see how the fans view him.  Will he be viewed as "limited"?  That has been my hunch all year (that he'll get exposed).  Would love to see it after a year of Pats/Mac hype.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I could make the case this was worse, we saw the tangible evidence of what it did to the fast, shifty Jet offense and how the field conditions helped the plodding Fish that day.  Plus Shula being head of the rules committee as the HC of a team was kind of shady and left a lot of doubt in your mind whenever the fish got a call that benefitted them.  Much worse than Patriot bias

Another point rarely talked about.   Shula was a cheating bast**** decades before bb

30 minutes ago, Trotter said:

All week I have been on the bills for this game but the more I think it through, gotta agree with you that old bill has something prepared. 

lost a bunch of money this year going against the pats so maybe either sit it out or a small bet on the pats.

not this thread I understand but I have a very strange feeling the eagles pull an upset.

I could see it. I def like them +8.5

12 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Have we ever had a memorable win against the Bills btw?  The Dolphins we had 51-45 and the Monday Night Miracle.  The Pats we had the 28-21 playoff win.  But I can't think of a great win against the Bills.  Is there one that I'm forgetting?  Obviously they had that wildcard win against us plus the 2015 season ending game where they took us out.  Have we ever had one of those against them?

Tried looking up the video but couldn't find it but the 98 division clinching game in buffalo was pretty memorable.    One play I will never forget was the Vinny bomb to ward to seal the win

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I really think this is a misconception on the weather.

Wind (like in the first matchup) affects the passing game and forces teams to run.  Its going to be cold, but not windy so both QBs should have no issues with the wind causing inaccuracy.  The receivers can wear gloves and sleeves but the QBs have to either adjust to gloves or deal with cold hands and feet.   ESPN had a small segment on this today about how Josh Allen has struggled himself in cold weather (and he played at wyoming not alabama) and he said its his feet that really cause the problem and that he wouldnt wear sleeves.

That being said, real feel will be approx -7 degrees.  15 degrees is cold for a game, -7 is going to be a completely different situation.  As much as anything can happen (I still remember losing a bet using this philosophy when Kapernick went into lambeau with no sleeves and beat the packers) but I think Mac is going to be REALLY uncomfortable at -7 degrees.   I would imagine that Mac has never even set foot outside when its below 15 degrees in his life, so this certainly will be a factor in the game. 

8 minutes ago, pajet said:

Tried looking up the video but couldn't find it but the 98 division clinching game in buffalo was pretty memorable.    One play I will never forget was the Vinny bomb to ward to seal the win

IIRC, we had already won the division and BP made it a point that the team still needs to play tough in the final week of the regular season despite the game being "meaningless".