Bills-Pats Game

Gen X Jet

19 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Totally agree, but don't make me go on a rant against the dumbass jet management for firing Walt Michaels. 

He absolutely had to be fired.  He was out of control.  Great HC but he was an addict and was showing signs of paranoid delusion when the plug was pulled. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Totally agree, but don't make me go on a rant against the dumbass jet management for firing Walt Michaels. 

I have a question for you and other older Jets fans, what's the general reputation in Jets world of Ken O Brien? I remember the 80s era well with all those great QBs, especially those from the 83 draft, and Ken O Brien is usually overshadowed by Elway, Marino and Kelly.

I remember him well (and Al Toon as well because I always thought that was a cool name) and I know he had some great games like the one where he out threw Marino and they combined for almost 1000 yards.

I'm just wondering how he is perceived by longtime Jet fans

32 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

So you want to tell me again how Allen can't play in cold weather?

His stats in previous games in inclement weather (not just cold).. were not good. 

I swear this entire board should be forced to take statistics and logic. It's almost like he sucked in severe weather condition and maybe.. he took extra measures. 

Were there 40 mph winds again? What? No?

You trying to take a victory lap on 1) Something I didn't say and 2) something you didn't even say is the dumbest thing I've seen and makes me worry about you. Why don't you go start another thread about how you're gonna stop something you haven't been doing so we can all  laugh more?

58 minutes ago, defensedoesntgetyoulaid said:

I have a question for you and other older Jets fans, what's the general reputation in Jets world of Ken O Brien? I remember the 80s era well with all those great QBs, especially those from the 83 draft, and Ken O Brien is usually overshadowed by Elway, Marino and Kelly.

I remember him well (and Al Toon as well because I always thought that was a cool name) and I know he had some great games like the one where he out threw Marino and they combined for almost 1000 yards.

I'm just wondering how he is perceived by longtime Jet fans

I really like Kenny O. He had all the tools except 2. He was not elusive in the pocket and tended to hold the ball too long… and he really paid the price for it. 

Clearly, Marino was better, but i like to hold on to the fact that Kenny O had a winning record vs Marino. As far as his place in Jets history, for me he is the #2 QB in franchise history.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

His stats in previous games in inclement weather (not just cold).. were not good. 

I swear this entire board should be forced to take statistics and logic. It's almost like he sucked in severe weather condition and maybe.. he took extra measures. 

Were there 40 mph winds again? What? No?

You trying to take a victory lap on 1) Something I didn't say and 2) something you didn't even say is the dumbest thing I've seen and makes me worry about you. Why don't you go start another thread about how you're gonna stop something you haven't been doing so we can all  laugh more?

Dude, you implied  he would suck in the cold weather. That didn't  happen. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Dude, you implied  he would suck in the cold weather. That didn't  happen. 

That's something you came up with in your own head. I said that his past performance in similar conditions did not go well. He played 5 games before this one and had two of his lowest ratings ever. 2 middling ratings and 1 good game which implies that the conditions would be a struggle for him. 

Josh Allen himself said the conditions are a struggle for him and that they spent extra time preparing for them this time. 

I've also never believed he was necessarily at fault for results in those games. In 40mph winds.. wtf is anyone supposed to do when you try to throw a touch pass in the endzone? 

There's plenty of data that suggests QBs don't throw as well in inclement weather conditions. If you wish to disagree with that, go ahead. I won't stop you. 

3 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

That's something you came up with in your own head. I said that his past performance in similar conditions did not go well. He played 5 games before this one and had two of his lowest ratings ever. 2 middling ratings and 1 good game which implies that the conditions would be a struggle for him. 

Josh Allen himself said the conditions are a struggle for him and that they spent extra time preparing for them this time. 

I've also never believed he was necessarily at fault for results in those games. In 40mph winds.. wtf is anyone supposed to do when you try to throw a touch pass in the endzone? 

There's plenty of data that suggests QBs don't throw as well in inclement weather conditions. If you wish to disagree with that, go ahead. I won't stop you. 

And you pointed this out for what reason?

No problem, next time you say some will struggle in cold weather, I'll take it as you mean he will play well in the next cold weather game.