Matt Rhule makes excuse for passing on OT Slater in Draft by taking veiled shot at his own quarterbacks

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Looks like we might’ve gotten it right by avoiding Rhule (though the jury is still out). That certainly doesn’t mean Saleh is the answer though.

Some might laugh at Rhule for liking Sam Darnold but our guy Saleh loves Joe Flacco, for crying out loud!

IDK. Joe Flacco on his worst day is better than Sam on his best. 

15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Rhule had final say on all personnel decisions in Carolina. He wanted Darnold. 

15 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I hear you, but I don't think this happened. 

The word is Rhule was a big Darnold guy.

Yep.  And we would have likely ended up coaching Darnold here had he taken the job.  Which he was very close to doing.  

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Jesus it gets worse every time he opens his mouth. He thought a 4 year player was in the same category as dudes who never played nfl ball before? And you spent a 2nd rounder & a 4th on that?

Plus hand him $18.9M, fully guaranteed, in 2022.  Without any good reason to do so.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I love, love, love this headline:

https://sobrosnetwork.com/2022/01/13/matt-rhule-sam-darnold/

Watch Matt Rhule Die Inside Explaining Why The Panthers Picked Up Sam Darnold’s 5th Year Option

What's funny is, even if he loved Darnold and it was obviously a huge mistake I don't think the answer is that hard.

"We picked up Sam's 5th year option because we were betting on his success. We really liked him as a prospect and thought he did some good things in New York and thought a change of scenery would bring out the best in him. Obviously things didn't play out the way we were all hoping this year but we believed in Sam for a reason and are going to tirelessly work to get it right in 2022."

It essentially says the same thing (we f*cked up gambling that he'd be good) without looking like a zero accountability clown.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

What's funny is, even if he loved Darnold and it was obviously a huge mistake I don't think the answer is that hard.

"We picked up Sam's 5th year option because we were betting on his success. We really liked him as a prospect and thought he did some good things in New York and thought a change of scenery would bring out the best in him. Obviously things didn't play out the way we were all hoping this year but we believed in Sam for a reason and are going to tirelessly work to get it right in 2022."

It essentially says the same thing (we f*cked up gambling that he'd be good) without looking like a zero accountability clown.

This is spot on and why coaches as Rhule, Judge etc. get the amount of negativity sent their way from fans and media. You would think they are smart people but they go up there and just spew out words and try to spin you instead of just being honest. Most fans and media see right through that.

• Upvote 2