Speculation: Seahawks May Consider Trading D.K. Metcalf

22 hours ago, BP said:

Wait, why are the Seahawks looking to move this beast? Anybody wonder why?

They just extended Lockett through 2025 and need a 1st round pick more than Wilson requires wepponz?

Or maybe they're going for a full gut job and are trading Wilson, too. 

Or maybe they don't like the way he colors his hair.

Or maybe he's just a giant douche and they're going to try selling high instead of buying high.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

They just extended Lockett through 2025 and need a 1st round pick more than Wilson requires wepponz?

Or maybe he's just a giant douche and they're going to try selling high instead of buying high.

Or maybe none of that true and the guy who wrote this article is moron?  Oh yeah, it's that.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Untouchable said:

How is it a joke?

The dude is the size of a TE, built like a brick sh*thouse and is faster than most wideouts who are 5’9 180.

He’s a freak who has produced at a high level since stepping into the league and he just turned 24 last month.

That’s exactly the kind of player that you pursue aggressively and give up a high pick for. Especially when you’re trying to break in a young promising QB.

You are acting like this dude is devante adams or Justin Jefferson. New flash he isnt. He is a big body deep threat sure this team could use him but he for a high 1st round pick nah. If they wanna take a 2nd rounder for him go for it. 

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

he's a ticking time bomb IMO.... he's started to show all the signs of a developing ego maniac...  bone headed plays on the field, getting into fights, arguing with HOF'ers on twitter. You don't trade away Metcalf unless there's long term concerns.

He's a freak with homerun ability, sure. But he's not the craftiest receiver, and his hands are average.

Pass.

Facts he is a big body deep threat. Not even the best wr on his team.

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2022 at 4:37 PM, Smashmouth said:

I will carry Corey Davis to Seattle on my back from NY if they would take this deal. 

I'll share the load.  That would be a gift.  Pete Carroll has already proven himself to do stupid things.  Why not again?  Metcalf is a game changer.  Davis is well...  what we saw and didn't see. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We have enough nice guys on this team.  Nearly every SB-winning team had at least one sociopath on it.  He's still on his rookie deal so there's time to determine whether he's worth the 2nd contract.

Make it happen, Tanny.  

I saw this on Twitter   :rl:  and had to quote you.

• Haha 1

Seattle may have already decided that they don't want to pay him and want to sell high. They may be ready to blow it up. Russ may be done there. It's not that wild of an idea, though I expect it is just speculation from some guy on the internet.

He's a classic diva WR and an idiot on top of that. They may not want to pay him all that money and deal with the headaches he'll bring. Not to mention he still has unreliable hands and has some bad drops in key spots. 

Our fanbase shouldn't get their hopes up even if he becomes available officially. Re: his attitude, he's the polar opposite of the kind of player JD wants and has proven to go after. DK in NYC has disaster written all over. He'd be the next OBJ/AB.

Normally I'm all over that plan.  But if we could get Metcalf in F.A. before the draft, it would allow us to target another position.  Move back and grab.... Linderbaum / Lloyd / Dean / Ojabo instead?
Basically, you'd be using the #35 or #38 pick to get a guy as good or better than you'd get in the mid-1st round.  Not that we can't use more than one pass catcher of course.  The other 2nd rounder would likely net us a good TE as well though, so solving that problem and still having both 1st rounders wouldn't suck.
You do realize draft capital would be involved in any trade for Metcalf ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

On 1/15/2022 at 8:21 AM, BP said:

Agreed. He hasn’t put up those numbers yet. Psychologically though, he’s on the same path.

Sorry, am not seeing it.  

You're making too much out of nothing.  Or wasnt around for TO and his cancerous antics 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sorry, am not seeing it.  

Yore making too much out of nothing.  Or wasnt around for TO and his cancerous antics 

That’s ok. You don’t have to be sorry. TO was docile his first few years with the niners. He morphed into a lunatic with the more attention he got. 

I tried to watch as many Seahawks games as I could this year and it wasn’t just that one dumb play. But in your defense I do remember  countless Jets fans going Gaga over Sheldon Richardson after he was driving 150mph with a gun, weed and baby in the car. “What’s the big deal? It’s only weed and a gun and a baby driving 150 mph. Nobody was hurt” :rl:  How’s old Sheldon the journey man doing now?

22 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Or maybe he’s been on literally all of the roids for years and he’s finally gone Lattimer on everyone. And yes that’s technically something that qualifies as your last category but I’m not passing up an opportunity to make a The Program reference. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BP said:

That’s ok. You don’t have to be sorry. TO was docile his first few years with the niners. He morphed into a lunatic with the more attention he got. 

I tried to watch as many Seahawks games as I could this year and it wasn’t just that one dumb play. But in your defense I do remember  countless Jets fans going Gaga over Sheldon Richardson after he was driving 150mph with a gun, weed and baby in the car. “What’s the big deal? It’s only weed and a gun and a baby driving 150 mph. Nobody was hurt” :rl:  How’s old Sheldon the journey man doing now?

Sheldon is doing pretty well.  Hes still playing football after 9 years.  He has played with 4 teams but so what?  

It wasnt a baby and there wasnt weed in the car and the gun was legal.  So he was speeding.  Who cares what does Richardson have to do with DK?  Was he caught speeding too?  

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Or maybe he’s been on literally all of the roids for years and he’s finally gone Lattimer on everyone. And yes that’s technically something that qualifies as your last category but I’m not passing up an opportunity to make a The Program reference. 

Or he's been on the juice that makes him a pain in the ass: him-her-roids

8 minutes ago, Ray Ryan said:

Why would DK want to come here? We stink and have no qb

After quickly reviewing your extremely brief history of posts... I'm confident coming to the simple conclusion that your opinions dont matter.

Maybe next time you create an account to troll, you pepper at least 1 or 2 positive things in your first dozen comments.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

After quickly reviewing your extremely brief history of posts... I'm confident coming to the simple conclusion that your opinions dont matter.

Maybe next time you create an account to troll, you pepper at least 1 or 2 positive things in your first dozen comments.

This franchise is a disaster.  The only way out is bringing in Flores and Watson otherwise enjoy another decade with 0 playoff appearances 

• Thumb Down 1

Sheldon is doing pretty well.  Hes still playing football after 9 years.  He has played with 4 teams but so what?  
It wasnt a baby and there wasnt weed in the car and the gun was legal.  So he was speeding.  Who cares what does Richardson have to do with DK?  Was he caught speeding too?  
Clearly you are confused .. he was not just speeding ... 143 mph.is not just speeding... and yeah the kid was 12 .. in my book 12 is still a very very young child.

The gun ... thats just stupidity.

.... Richard Todd, Ken OBrien, Chad Pennington, Mark Sanchez, Genope, Sam Darnold ...