BYU fan got to chat with Zach Wilson a little bit this week. Here’s what he had to say:

Mogglez

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If he’s going back to Utah in the offseason as a second year player who had a rocky rookie year there’s a zero percent chance he’s going to work out. Being a pro means living in your city full time. Home is NewJersey now.

Hahahahaaaaa not. 

Say whatever you want about the dude but by every single account, he is a gym rat/film junkie and will be 10 pounds heavier and twice as prepared next year. 

There is zero reason to be in NJ because he’s not allowed to interact with the coaching staff in the off-season. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If he’s going back to Utah in the offseason as a second year player who had a rocky rookie year there’s a zero percent chance he’s going to work out. Being a pro means living in your city full time. Home is NewJersey now.

This makes zero sense. 

He’s not even allowed in the building until OTAs. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Hahahahaaaaa not. 

Say whatever you want about the dude but by every single account, he is a gym rat/film junkie and will be 10 pounds heavier and twice as prepared next year. 

There is zero reason to be in NJ because he’s not allowed to interact with the coaching staff in the off-season. 

Zachs bodyguards throwing bows.

Just now, T0mShane said:

I absolutely feel like dumping his college girlfriend to enter into an arranged marriage with one of history’s most cloistered debutantes would completely rehabilitate Zach Wilson’s image among his teammates. 

Wilson is better than Darnold. But our fanbase is broken. Jesus christ

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I absolutely feel like dumping his college girlfriend to enter into an arranged marriage with one of history’s most cloistered debutantes would completely rehabilitate Zach Wilson’s image among his teammates. 

?

To be clear, that's not definitely happening. But let's just say they're both are newly single and "mutual people" in their life are trying to hook them up. 

Jesus christ I feel like this belongs in TMZ. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, football guy said:

?

To be clear, that's not definitely happening. But let's just say they're both are newly single and "mutual people" in their life are trying to hook them up. 

Jesus christ I feel like this belongs in TMZ. 

It makes sense. But if he wants to be the Jets QB, he should really seek out some mono-averse bridge and tunnel skeez from West Islip and settle down, but check her ID first to avoid taking a 17 year old to Nobu.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh no! Wilson’s image needs to be rehabilitated amongst his teammates? Link? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, football guy said:

They're going to try to trade for one. I wouldn't chalk it up as make-or-break though. Calvin Ridley seems like a dream scenario, but there's a lot of unknowns surrounding his status. Michael Thomas is someone to keep an eye on because he will be available. Sleeper candidate? Jerry Jeudy

I don't know for sure whether they'll look to sign Godwin or Robinson on the open market. They were the top 2 last year, but a lot has changed with both. Godwin coming off the ACL, but the Jets were prepared to make him among the highest paid receivers last year. As for Robinson, coming off a poor year, is a bit redundant with Davis, and turns 29 this August. 

I swear on everything holy about a week ago I had a thread all typed out asking who says no in a Mekhi Becton for Jerry Juedy swap.  I have no idea if that’s the type of trade they’d look at or if they are even willing to look at moving Becton but the Broncos are deep at WR and thin at Tackle.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I swear on everything holy about a week ago I had a thread all typed out asking who says no in a Mekhi Becton for Jerry Juedy swap.  I have no idea if that’s the type of trade they’d look at or if they are even willing to look at moving Becton but the Broncos are deep at WR and thin at Tackle.

Im all in on that. Sign me up. 

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't think it will happen, but without a doubt there will be contact. I think the Broncos have a lot to figure out first (specifically at QB)

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Becton for Jeudy then draft Cross at 4 and Hamilton at 10. Sign me up!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

im sure he will be fine. nothing beats going home.

plus the differences of Utah and NJ are like night and day. kid probably feels like he went to Mars. cant wait to get home.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, football guy said:

They're going to try to trade for one. I wouldn't chalk it up as make-or-break though. Calvin Ridley seems like a dream scenario, but there's a lot of unknowns surrounding his status. Michael Thomas is someone to keep an eye on because he will be available. Sleeper candidate? Jerry Jeudy

I don't know for sure whether they'll look to sign Godwin or Robinson on the open market. They were the top 2 last year, but a lot has changed with both. Godwin coming off the ACL, but the Jets were prepared to make him among the highest paid receivers last year. As for Robinson, coming off a poor year, is a bit redundant with Davis, and turns 29 this August. 

Love Ridley, I think you are spot on with a trade. I think Ridley, Thomas, Landry, and Cooper could all be targets.

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

You, honestly, believe the weirdest things to be absolute truths.  Like, some ridiculous sh*t.

Mahomes works out in Texas.

Josh Allen works out in California.

Deshaun Watson (f*ck him) works out in Miami, New York, and South Carolina.

Lamar Jackson works out in Florida.

Do you want me to keep going or have I made my point?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You, honestly, believe the dumbest things to be absolute truths.  Like, some ridiculous sh*t.

A pay per view event, live from Provo, where Zach Wilson and Taysom Hill compete to see who can throw a football through a tire from 15 yards out. Can’t imagine a better way to spend eleven consecutive hours of real time.

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

You, honestly, believe the dumbest things to be absolute truths.  Like, some ridiculous sh*t.

The brothers cousins roommate indicating he's homesick is not a good sign. Has Wilson bought a place in Jersey yet?

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A pay per view event, live from Provo, where Zach Wilson and Taysom Hill compete to see who can throw a football through a tire from 15 yards out. Can’t imagine a better way to spend eleven consecutive hours of real time.

Soaking competition.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah. That’s ridiculous.   

Nothing related to the QB is ridiculous. Quite literally everything matters. I know Jets fans have moved into the nothing actually matters mindset, but with the pro QB....everything that involves being all in matters. 

44 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Nothing related to the QB is ridiculous. Quite literally everything matters. I know Jets fans have moved into the nothing actually matters mindset, but with the pro QB....everything that involves being all in matters. 

A multi millionaire with a part time job playing an outdoor sport … no better place to train all winter then New Jersey!  

Zach can have zoom calls with the receivers working in Florida.  It will be great!  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The brothers cousins roommate indicating he's homesick is not a good sign. Has Wilson bought a place in Jersey yet?

I think he is in those new condos practically spitting distance from the facility in Florham Park.  I think a lot of the younger Jets are there. They used to put them up in hotels in the area.  

• Upvote 1

NJ has the second highest state tax rate in the US.  There is no reason why Zach should be spending any extra time in NJ.  The coaches have a year round job and have to live there.  The players should live in NV, TX or FL in the off season.  

Allen and Rodgers are California guys and choose to live there. 

My understanding is that you pay taxes based on your “domicile” and pay taxes to each state where you play a game.   So presumably Zach would pay NJ 8-9 games of taxes and then by state.  FL and TX games are no tax.  He applies those taxes as a credit to his domicile state, but if its Utah there is no extra tax.  

But getting to the punchline, I thought that players could work out at the facility in the off season.   For players like Becton, that would really be required.  Zach is 6-2/205.  There is no reason why he should not be 215 in July if he lays off his Adderall.   High reps/high protein/carbs.  Its pretty basic.

• Post of the Week 1