BYU fan got to chat with Zach Wilson a little bit this week. Here’s what he had to say:

Mogglez

On 1/13/2022 at 10:45 PM, Mogglez said:

Here’s the text of his post on a BYU message board:

“Got to chat with ZW a little bit this week. Figured I’d share a few tidbits:

•    Asked him what the biggest surprise has been, being in the NFL. Didn’t hesitate to say it was the speed of the game. Guys being able to dedicate 100% of their focus to the game shifts them into an elite gear. Defenses anticipate everything so well that it’s very hard to be a step ahead.

•    Now that he’s Pro, said it feels normal and just part of his path, basically. Feels a lot more comfortable than at the start of the season.

•    Jets plan to sign a prolific free agent WR1 in the offseason, and use almost all their draft picks for the Defense (with maybe one late pick for OL). He is feeling excited about the chemistry going into next year.

•    He says it’s wild being on the field with guys like Tom Brady that he’s grown up watching. He joked about the AB situation and said he would gladly put AB into a Jets jersey, haha.

•    Misses the mountains, says he’s not a city guy.

•    Berrios is his best friend on the team. They’ve become really close.

•    He couldn’t watch all of the BYU games because of the late start times on the east coast, but he’s glad they had a great year.

•    People in Utah recognize him all the time, but he said a lot of the people in NJ still don’t recognize him while he’s out and about. Joked about being a nobody at the Indian restaurants.

Very nice guy. Just at glance he looks stronger and maybe even a little taller than he was at BYU. Forgot to ask him about his knee, but based on his last couple of games it doesn’t seem to be too bad. Also forgot to ask about his off-season plans or Beck’s future with the Jets. Oh well.

He is one of my favorite BYU players and I look forward to watching him make some noise for years to come in the NFL.”

Thanks for posting, but if ZW knows who are are drafting in January, or at any other point before the draft…we are in trouble.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

A pay per view event, live from Provo, where Zach Wilson and Taysom Hill compete to see who can throw a football through a tire from 15 yards out. Can’t imagine a better way to spend eleven consecutive hours of real time.

If he wants to date that Kaia kid, it's not happening in Utah.  NYC, LA, and a couple others would be the visits.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Nothing related to the QB is ridiculous. Quite literally everything matters. I know Jets fans have moved into the nothing actually matters mindset, but with the pro QB....everything that involves being all in matters. 

It's ridiculous because they all do it.  

They all either go home to where they're from or they have a house someplace warm and train there.

He'll work with his private coaches and get the team together a couple of times.  When the season starts he'll move back to NJ.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A pay per view event, live from Provo, where Zach Wilson and Taysom Hill compete to see who can throw a football through a tire from 15 yards out. Can’t imagine a better way to spend eleven consecutive hours of real time.

Real Quarterbacks of Park City.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I absolutely feel like dumping his college girlfriend to enter into an arranged marriage with one of history’s most cloistered debutantes would completely rehabilitate Zach Wilson’s image among his teammates. 

As if he needed to rehabilitate his image

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

She's a beautiful girl and I would be very happy if it were me smashing, but if I was the quarterback of the New York F-ing Jets.......

Not good enough.

I need some 10 level hips and t!ts. 

Lol would be good enough for me even as QB of the NYJ.  :)

On 1/13/2022 at 10:11 PM, johnnysd said:

I would definitely do the opposite. 

At this stage its better to have known commodities at WR rather than waiting for one to develop.

Lets say for instance we grab Davonte Adams That gives us a very explosive offense almost instantly that along with adding one more on the OL and I believe this offense is ready to contend. That all obviously hinges on whether Zach can take that next step and start playing the the Herberts and Burrows of the world.

On defense we need LB's, a DE and Safeties if the Jets do not plan on signing Maye. I think we have a good group of young corners who have all played well just too many times we didn't get to the QB extending coverage windows and that's not good for any corner no matter how good they may be. If we can get some dominant LB's you will see this defense transform. Mosley is simply not the same guy he's just not aggressive enough and I can't remember the last time he met an Offensive player head on. It always seems when Mosley is making a tackle he's riding them down from the side after they already gained 7 yards then they carry him for 3 or 4 more. I want a LB that's going to meet guys head on and demolish them kind of like Quincy Williams does. I think having a young LB work with Mosley for his last year here would be beneficial especially when it comes to calling a defense.

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

At this stage its better to have known commodities at WR rather than waiting for one to develop.

Lets say for instance we grab Davonte Adams That gives us a very explosive offense almost instantly that along with adding one more on the OL and I believe this offense is ready to contend. That all obviously hinges on whether Zach can take that next step and start playing the the Herberts and Burrows of the world.

On defense we need LB's, a DE and Safeties if the Jets do not plan on signing Maye. I think we have a good group of young corners who have all played well just too many times we didn't get to the QB extending coverage windows and that's not good for any corner no matter how good they may be. If we can get some dominant LB's you will see this defense transform. Mosley is simply not the same guy he's just not aggressive enough and I can't remember the last time he met an Offensive player head on. It always seems when Mosley is making a tackle he's riding them down from the side after they already gained 7 yards then they carry him for 3 or 4 more. I want a LB that's going to meet guys head on and demolish them kind of like Quincy Williams does. I think having a young LB work with Mosley for his last year here would be beneficial especially when it comes to calling a defense.

I agree with most of this actually, I am just not sure that a know quantity WR is realistic. Adams is staying in GB if Rodgers does. GB will need to mortgage their future terribly to do it but they will.

If we could get him, great. He is 29 though so we could count on maybe 3 solid years and he would be the most expensive WR ever. I could get behind the move but not without risk.

Trading for Ridley seems uber shaky and not really a JD type move, Godwin might not play until after regular season starts and even though ACLs are mostly  an injury with 100% recovery now it's not guaranteed.

Now TE I think is the area we might be able to shore up in both the draft and FA. I think Schultz is a pipe dream but he would be #1 target.

Assuming Hutch and Thibs are gone, the decision at 4 is really difficult unless there is a trade partner. I do not like reaching for Karlaftis, and if Neal is gone as well we might be looking at taking Hamilton. Way high for a safety but the more I hear the more he seems like a chess piece that we could play all over and help our team in many ways. Neal makes a lot of sense to me because of his versatility, Linderbaum would upgrade three positions effectively and Icky is supposed to be a fantastic fit so I think the likelihood of a first round OL is pretty high. 

What happens in terms of QB rankings will affect our draft a lot. It seems that by this point Wilson and Lance and Jones had risen a lot but not seeing that this year so maybe its first time since 2014? that we see no Top 3 QB

On 1/14/2022 at 8:46 AM, Dcat said:

I didn't realize Kirk is a FA.  I'd be shocked in Zona doesn't keep him.  R Moore was their draft pick and he did not produce.

Moore showed flashes. AZ just had too many mouths to feed, plus he got hurt when Hopkins went down so that was a big missed opportunity for him.

16 hours ago, football guy said:

They're going to try to trade for one. I wouldn't chalk it up as make-or-break though. Calvin Ridley seems like a dream scenario, but there's a lot of unknowns surrounding his status. Michael Thomas is someone to keep an eye on because he will be available. Sleeper candidate? Jerry Jeudy

I don't know for sure whether they'll look to sign Godwin or Robinson on the open market. They were the top 2 last year, but a lot has changed with both. Godwin coming off the ACL, but the Jets were prepared to make him among the highest paid receivers last year. As for Robinson, coming off a poor year, is a bit redundant with Davis, and turns 29 this August. 

Godwin is only 25, so even with the ACL injury I'd still go after him.

Man, if Jeudy was somehow available and we could trade for him...

jizz in my pants GIF

It’s amazing how a team like Tampa Bay who has the greatest QB of all time and still one of the top three quarterbacks in the NFL has provided Brady with numerous, talented weapons and doesn’t simply ask him to make mediocre guys better.

Winning the SB last year with Mike Evans, Antonio Brown, Chris Godwin, Rob Gronkowski, etc. is almost unfair. But we are disappointed that a first-year player didn’t perform better with a bunch of mediocre dudes around him.

Can we please get a true offensive weapon for this team? A guy who everyone knows is a stud. Not a guy who Jets fans debate about whether he is a WR1 or a WR2 like Corey Davis.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

•    Jets plan to sign a prolific free agent WR1 in the offseason, and use almost all their draft picks for the Defense (with maybe one late pick for OL). He is feeling excited about the chemistry going into next year. LINK

Welp now that Tyreek Hill fell through, and DK isn't available it looks like they'll have to scrap using almost all their draft picks for defense.

•   He says it’s wild being on the field with guys like Tom Brady that he’s grown up watching. He joked about the AB situation and said he would gladly put AB into a Jets jersey, haha. LINK

Go get Odell Beckham to pair with a young wide receiver from the draft. AB is out the question.

•  He did mention something about boosting the TE position. LINK

That actually did come to fruition. 

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Welp now that Tyreek Hill fell through, and DK isn't available it looks like they'll have to scrap using almost all their draft picks for defense.

Go get Odell Beckham to pair with a young wide receiver from the draft. AB is out the question.

That actually did come to fruition. 

OBJ 1-2 yr deal if all else fails. Draft WR 35 or 38. Or trade down from one of those 1sts if you can find a taker.

• Upvote 1