Zach Wilson’s gift to his OLine

Rhg1084

32 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

That’s actually pretty awesome.  Meanwhile I’m trying to figure out how to work a 7 Day, 2 island, Hawaii trip for the lady and I into my budget.

HIT ME UP ZACH.

If you go to Maui, Matteo's Osterio in Wailea is a nice family owned restaurant.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

its an awesome gift.. I believe all first class too if I researched what jet blue mint was correctly (Frankly being a teacher we dont fly first class lol) Some qbs get their guys sneakers, or recliners, or something like that, but airfare literally anywhere in the world first class for 2?  I mean depending on the trip that can be some serious coin value of that gift.  Im sure zach got a deal but either way its the thought that counts and its a very generous gift. 

Bet those locker room  leaks Bart Scott says he has aren’t coming from the OL!

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Something that money alone can't buy?

Eh, if you're buying for one person maybe - but a group of people it's impossible to really personalize something.

Everyone travels- two first class tickets to anywhere in the world is about as good as a gift as I could ever ask for...

Whether he paid for it or not - I'm sure those guys are very grateful for it.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Money wise, Mims is most likely set for life.  Gonna be a real shock to his system when he's out of the NFL in a year or two.   Too many great young players coming into the league every year for teams to put up with Mims' "potential" but limited (if any) results.

Meh - 

5.4M isn't set for life at his age, by any means.  And that's even if he earns all that.  Add that those photos don't make it look as if he's terribly shy about spending... He's going to need a huge course correction if he wants to not wake up one day wondering what happened.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

do you realize how little he's getting paid (guaranteed)?

that money will be gone in 5 years.

probably because he might be stupid.

But 2.5 million is a 100K salary for 25 years. or 75K for 33 years. Plus he has it up front so he could invest and get even richer. 

But yes, he is a dummy and will blow through it in 5 years and probs be on youtube living in a dumpster

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

That’s actually pretty awesome.  Meanwhile I’m trying to figure out how to work a 7 Day, 2 island, Hawaii trip for the lady and I into my budget.

HIT ME UP ZACH.

If you can find your way into budgeting for the Four Seasons in Maui, it's one of the nicest places I've ever been.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Meh - 

5.4M isn't set for life at his age, by any means.  And that's even if he earns all that.  Add that those photos don't make it look as if he's terribly shy about spending... He's going to need a huge course correction if he wants to not wake up one day wondering what happened.

Yep only $2.9MM so far, so he's got no guaranteed $ left, plus I'm just guessing he pays income taxes like the rest of us.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

probably because he might be stupid.

But 2.5 million is a 100K salary for 25 years. or 75K for 33 years. Plus he has it up front so he could invest and get even richer. 

But yes, he is a dummy and will blow through it in 5 years and probs be on youtube living in a dumpster

It's not really the same though, because he's getting it all at once.  Yes, if he's savvy, he'll invest the majority, but he's also going to be taxed at 37% federally, and 9% (presuming NJ residence) at the state level.  It's not forever money unless you plan on living like you make 75K a year (probably less).

4 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

If you can find your way into budgeting for the Four Seasons in Maui, it's one of the nicest places I've ever been.

I can't believe you just posted that - I just looked it up for a trip in Sept. About 1k per night.

Really bizzare but the absolute best cappuccino I have ever had was at a small bar right next to their Ferrara's outside restaurant. 

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

It’s like $3k a night, no? They filmed that HBO show The White Lotus there 

Even for a holiday week, it's not that much for a basic room.  Assuming we're not talking about a holiday week.  I think I paid in the 600 range, a few years back, not high season.

And yes, that's where they shot White Lotus, and the Hawaii episode of Modern Family.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

I can't believe you just posted that - I just looked it up for a trip in Sept. About 1k per night.

Really bizzare but the absolute best cappuccino I have ever had was at a small bar right next to their Ferrara's outside restaurant. 

Strangely, the breakfast buffet was like the best breakfast I've ever had.