Zach Wilson’s gift to his OLine

Rhg1084

7 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

I'll take it!

Yeah, but seriously, what do you get for guys who are mostly millionaires? 

Did McDermott get the same gift as Fant?  Were McDermott's and Van Roten's trips one way only...?

:-)

i always wonder about the backups when you hear about QB gifts. what if you dont play at all do you still get it?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I have no idea.  No doubt guys like Mims have made more from their initial contracts than folks like me made in our entire work lives.  Hope he invested well.

Mims's contract had a guaranteed minimum of just under $3 million and a total value of just over $5 million.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, ZachEY said:

It's not really the same though, because he's getting it all at once.  Yes, if he's savvy, he'll invest the majority, but he's also going to be taxed at 37% federally, and 9% (presuming NJ residence) at the state level.  It's not forever money unless you plan on living like you make 75K a year (probably less).

I cant disagree more. Not sure where u live but 75k a year in most places in america you live well. Outside of america even better in some places. You can still work on top of that.

Give me that money in my 20s. Guarantee you i live well

Didn't mean to bump this thread but a bit more Jet Blue news. Summary: A 16yr old girl gunned down in NYC Burger King robbery. Jet Blue offering to fly her entire family to Puerto Rico for her funeral free of charge. There may be a scrum for 1st Class seating with Zack's oline (my monies on her family.....)

Family of murdered East Harlem Burger King cashier getting free Jet Blue flights to her funeral in Puerto Rico - New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)

• WTF? 1

7 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I cant disagree more. Not sure where u live but 75k a year in most places in america you live well. Outside of america even better in some places. You can still work on top of that.

Give me that money in my 20s. Guarantee you i live well

I guess we'd have to define "living well."  And, I certainly don't live in a place where 75K gets you a home, a car, health insurance, childcare, even one vacation a year, and any savings for college or otherwise.

But, yes, there are certainly places where that may be possible.  I'm not sure how many of them are places someone in their early 20s want to live, however.

• Upvote 1