Garrett Wilson or Treylon Burks

DoomProphet

I personally want the Jets to take a top flight WR at #10, and Wilson and Burks are the top 2 WRs prospects coming out of the draft. Wilson reminds me of Elijah Moore type, great route runner. I prefer Burks personally because he is 6'4" and is a physical freak of nature and we don't have that kind of player of our team since Mims hasn't panned out.

Here are highlights on both:

Burks:

Wilson:

Let me know what you guy think.

27 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

My preference would be Drake London. 

6'5, 210 lbs

I like Burks and I'm ok with Wilson. But Drake would add a bit of spice then what's available on the roster or FA. 

---------

8. NEW YORK JETS (VIA SEA): WR DRAKE LONDON, USC

Record: 5-8
Strength of Schedule: .515

Drake London still leads the FBS in contested catches with 19 — and he hasn’t played since Oct. 30 when he suffered a season-ending injury in the second quarter of USC’s game against Arizona.

The 6-foot-5, 215-pound London racked up 19 contested catches in just eight games. What might be even more impressive is that the towering wideout is also still tied for fifth in the FBS with 22 forced missed tackles after the catch, so he’s not just a big-bodied red-zone target.

The USC product recorded more than 100 yards receiving in six of his first seven games and was well on his way to another one before getting hurt. If he had stayed healthy, this would have been the runaway Biletnikoff Award winner. He could be the NFL antidote for Zach Wilson.

He’s Mike Evans 2.0, love Drake London

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I think Wilson fits into the type of offense that we play so I would prefer him. Even more important will be to get a big receiving TE.

Even more important will be to get a big receiving TE.Even more important will be to get a big receiving TE.

Big fan of Burks, but I have a feeling we are going to the best route running WR…which makes sense considering our offense is based on timing…and the ability to get open right off the bat. This is exactly why Mims has struggled..he can never run a full route tree and why someone like Berrios is so successful.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Metcalf fits that physically dominant mole?

I don’t consider Metcalf elite in the same way as the guys I was referring to. Tremendous, tremendous big play guy but his lack of lateral mobility hinders him in being a consistent threat for his team.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, tfine said:

How is his route running?

I do not know if he is a great route tactician but I do not think Samuel is either.    All I know is get the ball in Samuels hands and he makes huge plays.

Tough for me to relate Mims to this because mims is simply a dog player.

In truth I'll be happy with a few different Wrs and or Tes but my big fear is that Douglas ignoring offensive play makers for defense.

• Upvote 2

Wilson seems like a no-brainer. He reminds me CeeDee Lamb, not that they are the same receiver. I just see him having the same kind of role and being productive like Lamb.

However, I like Burks along with others on here. And we might be in a position to go get him. Wilson might be gone in the top 15. Burks might be around early 2nd. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

He’s Mike Evans 2.0, love Drake London

This is quickly going to become one of my least favorite comps.... Put on Evans A&M games next to London. They're similar only in cosmetics... Evans is/was athletically a whole tier above London...  London though already has a better sense of craft nuance in short areas, finding zones between DBs and the like - then Evans did when he declared.

Not trying to be a jerk, I LOVE Drake London.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Paradis said:

This is quickly going to become one of my least favorite comps.... Put on Evans A&M games next to London. They similar only in cosmetics... Evans is/was athletically a whole tier above London...  London though already has a better sense of craft nuance in short areas, finding zones between DBs and the like - then Evans did when he declared.

Canned opinions seen on other sites. We do good work in the draft forum, you’d think we get some respect.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, docdhc said:

Both look explosive. Guess I’d rather have the big guy all things being equal. I would trust jets to know who fits the system better

IMO Wilson would fit the LaFleur system better but we already have that type of receiver in Moore. When is the last time the Jets had a legit red zone threat that could win the jump balls in the endzone and get you 12-15 TDs a year. Plus he's an athletic freak at 6' 4" and with sub 4.4 speed.

Wilson is a ready NFL receiver from day one, Burks is a little more of project but he has a higher ceiling than Wilson.

Burks is definitely intriguing and his upside is AJ Brown/Deebo Samuel type player, but I see a guy thats going to take a year or two to develop due to his raw/lack of route running ability. I can't imagine many here having that kind of patience if we took him at 10.  

Look at all the top WR's in the league (Kupp, Adams, Diggs, Hopkins, Jefferson, etc) they all have one thing in common, elite route running. I'll take the guy that can create his own separation vs a big fast guy that needs to be schemed open.

Wilson is my guy if we go WR early.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1