Jump to content

Ex-Broncos LB D.J. Williams Claims Broncos Cheated During Josh McDaniels Era


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Bill Belichick's legacy of cheating is one of those things that's so well known at this point that it's basically a meme, yet it's never really taken seriously by the mainstream.

Now, with gambling in football being officially sanctioned by, and partnered with, the NFL, the league has transparently shown time and time again that there's only one thing it cares about, and it ain't the integrity of the sport. As long as the league is profitable, it will never admit that legacy is tarnished. Only after the pipeline of young kids willing to risk longterm brain damage for the benefit of making wealthy people even wealthier has dried up and the league shrivels and goes belly up will maybe we hear some tell all book or expose by some former assistant or coach telling us what we basically already know. But there will never be an official condemnation, admission, reckoning, or consequences of any kind by either the league, Goodell, the scumbag himself, or even Tom Brady.

The NFL is a sham league and anyone who still believes in it is an idiot.

Game Cheating GIF

Screw the NFL.

 

 

 

 

 

And I sure do hope Joe Douglas doesn't f*ck up the offseason!

 

I believe in it until tonight when the Pats beat the Bills, probably on some suspect call. Then I'll be yelling fix very loudly as I take a baseball bat to my furniture

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Bill Belichick's legacy of cheating is one of those things that's so well known at this point that it's basically a meme, yet it's never really taken seriously by the mainstream.

Now, with gambling in football being officially sanctioned by, and partnered with, the NFL, the league has transparently shown time and time again that there's only one thing it cares about, and it ain't the integrity of the sport. As long as the league is profitable, it will never admit that legacy is tarnished. Only after the pipeline of young kids willing to risk longterm brain damage for the benefit of making wealthy people even wealthier has dried up and the league shrivels and goes belly up will maybe we hear some tell all book or expose by some former assistant or coach telling us what we basically already know. But there will never be an official condemnation, admission, reckoning, or consequences of any kind by either the league, Goodell, the scumbag himself, or even Tom Brady.

The NFL is a sham league and anyone who still believes in it is an idiot.

Game Cheating GIF

Screw the NFL.

 

 

 

 

 

And I sure do hope Joe Douglas doesn't f*ck up the offseason!

This is pretty much why I don't watch non-Jets games any more. For whatever reason, my attachment to the franchise since childhood is too deep to sever. 

The way I look at it, there's still a sport underneath it all. I sport I thoroughly enjoy watching. It's scripted to a degree, but not on a wrestling level. It's clear that the league does what it can to move the needle in favor of some players and franchises, but the outcome is still more often than not decided by the athletes and coaches on the field. It's also clear that the Jets are not one of the favored. But again, most of their failure throughout the years has been their own. Poor ownership and management are the overwhelming primary causes. We may get screwed on calls at a higher rate, but we're not missing the playoffs year after year because of them. There may even be a glimmer of hope that if Douglas can turn one of two NY football teams with a starving fanbase into a powerhouse, the league will realize the money that can be made there and we'll be the ones getting Pittsburgh/New England/Dallas - like tilt.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't approve of the Broncos/Patriots cheating but if the Jets won a number of Super Bowls in the last twenty years and it later came out about the Jets cheating, would you...

1. Defend the Jets multiple super bowl wins, no matter what?

2. Disown those Jets multiple Super Bowl championships as fake wins?

As a fan, it's hard to stand up and disown your own team for cheating.

I imagine I'd get pleasure in the wins no matter how tainted. I would not complain too loudly about the cheating.

Belichick, out-cheated, out-coached, out-miserabled everybody else.  Humorless attention to minutia, cutting every corner possible. McDaniels, Brady, they are all apart of it. It's hardly admirable how they colluded in deflating balls, video taping, etc but they  care about winning more than most. Winning is the only thing that matters for the Patriots. Nothing else matters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This is pretty much why I don't watch non-Jets games any more. For whatever reason, my attachment to the franchise since childhood is too deep to sever. 

The way I look at it, there's still a sport underneath it all. I sport I thoroughly enjoy watching. It's scripted to a degree, but not on a wrestling level. It's clear that the league does what it can to move the needle in favor of some players and franchises, but the outcome is still more often than not decided by the athletes and coaches on the field. It's also clear that the Jets are not one of the favored. But again, most of their failure throughout the years has been their own. Poor ownership and management are the overwhelming primary causes. We may get screwed on calls at a higher rate, but we're not missing the playoffs year after year because of them. There may even be a glimmer of hope that if Douglas can turn one of two NY football teams with a starving fanbase into a powerhouse, the league will realize the money that can be made there and we'll be the ones getting Pittsburgh/New England/Dallas - like tilt.

I don't watch any non-Jets games anymore either. I won't be watching any playoff games. Like you, I still have a strong connection to the Jets, which is why I stick around for them, but the rest of the league can go suck an egg. I'm not even sure I'd know how to feel if they Jets ever do turn into one of the favored powerhouse teams, lol.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All very disgusting.

Anyone thinking BB isn't still cheating is fooling themselves.  He's just found a different way to do it.  I mean really, with today's tech, how hard really is it to film someone's practice? Listen to someone's practice.

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This is pretty much why I don't watch non-Jets games any more. For whatever reason, my attachment to the franchise since childhood is too deep to sever. 

The way I look at it, there's still a sport underneath it all. I sport I thoroughly enjoy watching. It's scripted to a degree, but not on a wrestling level. It's clear that the league does what it can to move the needle in favor of some players and franchises, but the outcome is still more often than not decided by the athletes and coaches on the field. It's also clear that the Jets are not one of the favored. But again, most of their failure throughout the years has been their own. Poor ownership and management are the overwhelming primary causes. We may get screwed on calls at a higher rate, but we're not missing the playoffs year after year because of them. There may even be a glimmer of hope that if Douglas can turn one of two NY football teams with a starving fanbase into a powerhouse, the league will realize the money that can be made there and we'll be the ones getting Pittsburgh/New England/Dallas - like tilt.

Yeah, there is unfortunately some definite truth to that.  While they're not going to get the slightest bit of help when things are going poorly (which is sadly very often), the NFL has showed on more than one occasion that if the Jets get rolling, they are more than happy to go all in on hyping them up big time and clearly think they could cash in on it.

Some of the more recent (but not that recent) circumstances were both the Favre-led Jets, particularly when coming off back-to-back wins over the Pats and 10-0 Titans, and the 2010 "can't wait" playoff run, as there were no teams out there being more talked about at those times, to the point of regular discussions of a long-term franchise and the potential for rings.  Unfortunately, it always seemed to quickly fall apart, but it's likely the NFL would be thrilled to let it happen one day, they're just clearly not going to waste any of their own time and effort on it until the Jets can prove themselves even slightly capable of pulling it off.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

All very disgusting.

Anyone thinking BB isn't still cheating is fooling themselves.  He's just found a different way to do it.  I mean really, with today's tech, how hard really is it to film someone's practice? Listen to someone's practice.

Woodland Camo 3DR Solo Skin | iStyles

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

All very disgusting.
Anyone thinking BB isn't still cheating is fooling themselves.  He's just found a different way to do it.  I mean really, with today's tech, how hard really is it to film someone's practice? Listen to someone's practice.
To be honest there really should be no rules regarding listening or filming ..
It should be on the teams to prevent it.

DEFLATING balls .. thats on the Refs to gandle and glad this sum butches got caught.

As long as every team has the same opportunity and has to play by the same rules ... thats all that matters.

Why was the tuck rule abolished ? Did it negatively impact the Pats at some point?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk




Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

I don't approve of the Broncos/Patriots cheating but if the Jets won a number of Super Bowls in the last twenty years and it later came out about the Jets cheating, would you...

1. Defend the Jets multiple super bowl wins, no matter what?

2. Disown those Jets multiple Super Bowl championships as fake wins?

As a fan, it's hard to stand up and disown your own team for cheating.

I imagine I'd get pleasure in the wins no matter how tainted. I would not complain too loudly about the cheating.

Belichick, out-cheated, out-coached, out-miserabled everybody else.  Humorless attention to minutia, cutting every corner possible. McDaniels, Brady, they are all apart of it. It's hardly admirable how they colluded in deflating balls, video taping, etc but they  care about winning more than most. Winning is the only thing that matters for the Patriots. Nothing else matters.

I can freely admit my response to that scenario would be nothing more than "sucks for the rest of you, doesn't it?"

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, there is unfortunately some definite truth to that.  While they're not going to get the slightest bit of help when things are going poorly (which is sadly very often), the NFL has showed on more than one occasion that if the Jets get rolling, they are more than happy to go all in on hyping them up big time and clearly think they could cash in on it.

Some of the more recent (but not that recent) circumstances were both the Favre-led Jets, particularly when coming off back-to-back wins over the Pats and 10-0 Titans, and the 2010 "can't wait" playoff run, as there were no teams out there being more talked about at those times, to the point of regular discussions of a long-term franchise and the potential for rings.  Unfortunately, it always seemed to quickly fall apart, but it's likely the NFL would be thrilled to let it happen one day, they're just clearly not going to waste any of their own time and effort on it until the Jets can prove themselves even slightly capable of pulling it off.

Yeah the Jets are interesting, I think the NFL is equally willing to beat the Jets down if they are bad, or prop us up if we get decent again.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

legacy of cheating is one of those things that's so well known at this point that it's basically a meme, yet it's never really taken seriously by the mainstream

like many things, so crooked that the world has shifted to acceptance and figuring out how they can benefit from it vs. fix it

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I've said this for a long time.  What the Pats got caught for was the tip of the ice berg for them.

Like a person that drinks and drives all the time you never get caught each time you do it, you probably get away with it 20 times between times being caught.  The Pats have been docked picks 3 times for cheating, a drop of water in a bucket.

I fully believe some of the peyton manning bugging conspiracy theories and for sure the head sets going out on purpose.

Once Brady and Belli retire and maybe when kraft is gone there will be a day of reckonging and they will have their real lance armstrong marion jones moment.

 

20 times? Dude i know 2 alcoholics that do it every day for decades. Try literally 1000’s of times. At least one is drunk driving as we speak i am sure

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, FootballLove said:

I really hoped when Magini came here he would teach the team how to cheat like the best of them and get away with it. Insider trading kind of thing. We coulda been something. But nooooo. Mangini had to take the fricken high road and we never recovered.

Tbh other coaches knew about it but Mangini was the first coach to have the balls to expose them for it and push the issue 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

100% believe this is why josh ended up back with bill

think of all the assistants he’s had leave, most for them go on the poop list

if josh goes to Indy and cheats more, think about how that can blow up bb

jish got hc $$ and promises as oc as risk mitigation for bb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

like many things, so crooked that the world has shifted to acceptance and figuring out how they can benefit from it vs. fix it

Makes one kinda yearn for a real-life Planet of the Apes deal.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gangrene said:

I don't approve of the Broncos/Patriots cheating but if the Jets won a number of Super Bowls in the last twenty years and it later came out about the Jets cheating, would you...

1. Defend the Jets multiple super bowl wins, no matter what?

2. Disown those Jets multiple Super Bowl championships as fake wins?

As a fan, it's hard to stand up and disown your own team for cheating.

I imagine I'd get pleasure in the wins no matter how tainted. I would not complain too loudly about the cheating.

Belichick, out-cheated, out-coached, out-miserabled everybody else.  Humorless attention to minutia, cutting every corner possible. McDaniels, Brady, they are all apart of it. It's hardly admirable how they colluded in deflating balls, video taping, etc but they  care about winning more than most. Winning is the only thing that matters for the Patriots. Nothing else matters.

I agree I with your premise that if it was the jets I would get pleasure out of the wins no matter what, but I believe I would have a much more "We still won so what" attitude. My issue is more so with pats fans who will die on the hill that its all bogus and the nfl is out to get them. Not one pats fan I ever met actually admits that their cheating existed, they all believe goodell just hates the pats. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...