How do you grade Joe Douglass across key aspects of his job?

If you want a team constructed to have some sustainable success such as above .500 each year, competing for the playoffs, etc then you must pull off at least two very good drafts within three years in my opinion. Unless you have other things going for you like an elite franchise QB or existing difference makers at the most important positions on the field, it is really hard to get consistent success without drafting well more than once inside three years.

It’s early but the 2021 Draft is looking pretty good. I would give it a B+ as it stands right now.

But you know more about a Draft the further away you get from it. That’s why the 2020 Draft is looking like such a big disappointment. Becton is a huge wildcard and his success would be the only thing that salvages the Draft at least minimally. I think it is a solid D right now. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Huh? becton? A good pick?

I said he wasn’t a miss.  He had a very good rookie year and now is trending down after his injury.  So the jury is still out and I expect him to move to RT and become an above average starter there.

Forest thru the trees, don’t get hung up on wording.  Again, he is not a miss … yet.

Overall I give Joe Douglas a B executing a solid plan (but the injuries make it look much worse) and setting the team up for a potentially transformational offseason.  

Now if you want to blame him for all the injuries, I can imagine those would give him a far worse grade that is a borderline F.

I do not blame him for all the injuries and the Jets do not have the depth to overcome them.

2 hours ago, Ray Ryan said:

Looking forward to our next idiot HC and GM in 2 years after they draft another QB top 3 who probably also sucks

thanks Woody!

I'm looking forward to the next bunch of halfwit  posters who join JN after a decade of futility and where the Jets become the laughingstock of the NFL.  They capture so much of the obvious and add so much pleasant commentary to the board.