Our injury issue: legendary unlucky streak or systemic problem in Florham Park?

Whaddaya think? Are we just really really unlucky, or is there some aspect of the training staff/medical staff that exacerbates the issue? Why do we seem to be so much more injury prone than the league average, and those injuries remain sidelining so much longer than other places? Are we on the verge of regressing to the mean, or does this extended streak of "bad luck" just going to go on and on?

I do think there's something to be said for guys simply not rushing back to play for a  1, 2 or 3 win team.

Players that might be able to get back on the field simply don't.

Gotta be something to do with it.  Especially a team that made it clear in the pre-season that they weren't even trying to win.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Whaddaya think? Are we just really really unlucky, or is there some aspect of the training staff/medical staff that exacerbates the issue? Why do we seem to be so much more injury prone than the league average, and those injuries remain sidelining so much longer than other places? Are we on the verge of regressing to the mean, or does this extended streak of "bad luck" just going to go on and on?

I think losing has a role. Hard to get people to push to come back for a losing effort. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think losing has a role. Hard to get people to push to come back for a losing effort. 

Maybe, but then you have guys like Brian Winters who knew nothing except losing, taping their arm to their body to keep it from falling off.  JD needs to find the right mix between these high ceiling/high maintenance guys like Becton and JAG+ level guys who just show up every week and grind... 

• Upvote 1

Robert Saleh coached a defense that had a wonder year in 2019, and then got so decimated by injuries that a 13-3 team turned into a 6-10 team without much change. He comes here, and the Jets have one of the worst injury lucks in the game.

The only issue with this argument is that the Jets have bad injury luck before that. And while field quality does raise injuries on average by quite a bit, it isn't to the level of injuries that the Jets and Giants have had.

I feel like Joe Judge's harsh work plans for his team was the cause for them. 

For the Jets, Saleh could be causing that, but I think it's more of a lack of good team morale. I think players are more prone to having injuries if the team is going to have yet another losing season. 

It's a hole that can only be dug deeper, and that's a reason why it's so hard for coaches to rebuild a team that has been losing for so long.

• WTF? 1

I fail to undertand why folks want to peg issues with today's team to issues with prior regimes.

What is happeneing to day has nothing to do with what happended 2 years ago or 5 years ago or 15 years ago.

Folks still want to attribute stuff happening today to the Hess-owned Jets.

Every year is different.  Every situation is different.

Just now, BP said:

They hired all these guys in the middle of March. That’s really late. The training staff should be in place in the beginning of January. Classic Jets. Let’s see if they have an off season conditioning program this year.