“Sources” Confirm what many speculated about Becton

The following is what Andrew Luck said concerning his walking away from the NFL.   Maybe we will hear a similar sentiment from Becton sooner rather than later.  

"This is not an easy decision. Honestly, it's the hardest decision of my life. But it is the right decision for me," Luck told reporters after Indianapolis' preseason game Saturday night. "For the last four years or so, I've been in this cycle of injury, pain, rehab, injury, pain, rehab, and it's been unceasing, unrelenting, both in-season and offseason, and I felt stuck in it. The only way I see out is to no longer play football."

https://www.nfl.com/news/colts-qb-andrew-luck-announces-his-retirement-0ap3000001044124

• Sympathy 3

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was getting his ass beat by everyone who lined up in front of him all summer, before the injury.

Not quite everyone, Lawson.  And then when it counted he didnt come close to getting his ass beat by anyone on Carolina the first half we saw him in.   

As Garoffalo says in the first line of his report, boy is he a difference maker when hes on the field.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Nothing earth shattering but it sounds like getting back into shape was a big part of the delay.  I do find it interesting the Becton mentions are starting to rev up the past few weeks by the org or in the media.  Draw whatever conclusions you like on that part.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

That fat a$$ needs motivation 

Regardless of whether he comes back healthy and trim, whether he plays LT or RT, this would basically mean that JD can never rely on Becton to be there and as result his roster strategy has to incorporate that. He has to now dedicate ADDITIONAL resources to Tackle.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Becton has nobody to blame but himself for not getting back on the field this year. He has not put the time in to be a professional at this level. It’s quite simple. It’s almost the same exact case with Mims. 

How do you know? You're basing it on what, reports? Those same reports that said he was overweight last spring/summer but didn't present any evidence. And once we saw Becton he was in great shape, contrary to those reports. 

Our medical staff has been atrocious. They said Elijah Moore would only miss 2 weeks he missed the rest of the year. 

Just now, Anthony Jet said:

Becton has nobody to blame but himself for not getting back on the field this year. He has not put the time in to be a professional at this level. It’s quite simple. It’s almost the same exact case with Mims. 

Maybe it happens with all teams.  But we seem to be in perpetual excuse mode for a segment of players we all expected to perform better.   Becton, Wilson, Mims, Davis, Darnold, Herndon, Adams....... 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

How do you know? You're basing it on what, reports? Those same reports that said he was overweight last spring/summer but didn't present any evidence. And once we saw Becton he was in great shape, contrary to those reports. 

Our medical staff has been atrocious. They said Elijah Moore would only miss 2 weeks he missed the rest of the year. 

I’m not basing it on anything you have seen or read 

Take it for what it’s worth 

And I do agree about the medical staff

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t agree with this.  He had a relatively minor knee injury, at least from a surgical standpoint.  It’s not as if he would have been forced to be completely sedentary for very long, if at all.   He has access to world class rehab programs and facilities.  This screams of someone who did the bare minimum.

This. He's done. 

We're taking another offensive tackle. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Maybe it happens with all teams.  But we seem to be in perpetual excuse mode for a segment of players we all expected to perform better.   Becton, Wilson, Mims, Davis, Darnold, Herndon, Adams....... 

it’s quite simple explanation, I’m a fan of the jets. Happens to all my teams, see Mets 

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t agree with this.  He had a relatively minor knee injury, at least from a surgical standpoint.  It’s not as if he would have been forced to be completely sedentary for very long, if at all.   He has access to world class rehab programs and facilities.  This screams of someone who did the bare minimum.

He didnt have relative minor knee surgery.   Everyone heals differently.  I cant tell you that his slow rehab was or wasnt a knee issue.  Neither can anyone else.  

You copied and pasted a report that says sources said because the knee didnt come around he wasnt able to do the things he needed to do to be in shape.  But we're supposed to ignore what you posted and conclude he did the bare minimum because of what exactly?    

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Is Ridley a head case?

A few days before the London game he and QW played Madden against each other for an ESPN bit.  He seemed pretty cool in that and he and Quinnen got along pretty well.  Then Q beat him on the last play.  Next thing I know he's not going to London and is stepping away.  Who knows what this means...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

And I'm sure none of us noticed Wirfs made All Pro.  That stung when I saw it.  Yeah, I know.  Not the same position.

It does, it hurts even more when you think about Mims in round 2 in the same draft. Two back-to-back freak athletes with no work ethic.

2021 draft, lookin' alright though. And with the Jamal trade getting back an extra first and second + Darnold for a second - JD does have the opportunity to rebound from this mistake. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He didnt have relative minor knee surgery.   Everyone heals differently.  I cant tell you that his slow rehab was or wasnt a knee issue.  Neither can anyone else.  

You copied and pasted a report that says sources said because the knee didnt come around he wasnt able to do the things he needed to do to be in shape.  But we're supposed to ignore what you posted and conclude he did the bare minimum because of what exactly?    

Because the organization is not going to put out through the media that he was lazy?  Believe what you want, but teams put out messaging like this constantly and it’s usually not as cut and dry as the wording they feed to reporters.

Also, he had his knee scoped.  That’s about as minor as knee surgery gets.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

30 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Exactly. He just doesn’t care. And thinks he can go out and perform without doing the work. 
You can be hurt and still eat properly and watch your weight. 

He’s a huge mess.  I’d trade him while you can.