“Sources” Confirm what many speculated about Becton

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not supposed to be rehabbing a bad knee.  There is massive difference between me playing video games and streaming on my weekends off and Mekhi Becton not rehabbing an injury because, instead of doing what he’s supposed to be doing, he’s playing GTA V.  Furthermore, you wanna know why my bosses shouldn’t be worried?  My performance hasn’t suffered or changed.

As long as it's legal, and doesn't embarrass the business, not one boss in the world cares what you do on your off time, so long as you are doing your job.

When you are not doing your 7 figure job, every boss/management type is going to be asking why you aren't doing it, and what you are doing to distract you from it.

• Upvote 4

49 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who saiid the source was the organization?  

Only you have called him fat and lazy, the video you cut and pasted didnt come close to saying that.  My point

And his knee wasnt scoped, he had a dislocated knee cap, the patela tendon was injured along with it.  A patela dislocation isnt a minor knee scope.  Thats a 3 week injury at best.

This.

3 minutes ago, TheMo said:

He had a knee cap dislocation. It's definitely more significant than the scope one would do for cleaning up cartilage etc

And this.

And I doubt it was ever 4 weeks at a minimum--they should have said 4-20 weeks progniosis.

Knee cap dislocation is not small thing.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I told you this over the phone the other day:

Mekhi Becton made multiple posts on social media, over the course of the season, promoting his “Grand Theft Auto V Role Playing Server” Twitch streams.  He just made another one the other night.  He has made 0 posts, to date, of him and his rehab.

The true problem isn’t his weight.  He’s shown that he can shed that sh*t when he wants.  From what I understand, as of today, he is pretty much where he left off, size-wise.  His problem is his attitude.  He needs to grow the f*ck up and start taking football seriously.

I'm going to sound like 90 year old man here. But why are we obsessing over a dudes Twitter account. Personally if I am doing rehab I wouldn't post about it on Twitter and reserve low key stuff like video games for Twitter.

Would I be penning him in as an all pro lock and not even thinking about a guy like cross at the top of the draft? No. But I also wouldn't write him off either. 

As is the case in much of the world today, the situation is much less black and white and far more gray than people want to admit. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, tfine said:

The problem with Becton is that he’s an awesome for a man blocking scheme but terrible for a zone blocking scheme….he’s just not nimble enough.I could see Joe D signing Fant to an extension and/or drafting a LT

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Thought I heard from Nania he played in a zone blocking scheme in college

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m not supposed to be rehabbing a bad knee.  There is massive difference between me playing video games and streaming on my weekends off and Mekhi Becton not rehabbing an injury because, instead of doing what he’s supposed to be doing, he’s playing GTA V.  Furthermore, you wanna know why my bosses shouldn’t be worried?  My performance hasn’t suffered or changed.

You know how I feel.  You can be in rehab all day and can play video games at night like 90% of your teammates.  I know you do a good job and the gaming doesn’t affect your work.  That was the point son.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You guys are adorable.  Love the father and son Jet banter.  Seriously.

My son is a good Jet fan and has a really good understanding of the game.  He learned well.  But he’s in his 20’s and lives and dies with this god forsaken team just like I was in my younger days.  It’s good that we don’t always agree

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

My son is a good Jet fan and has a really good understanding of the game.  He learned well.  But he’s in his 20’s and lives and dies with this god forsaken team just like I was in my younger days.  It’s good that we don’t always agree

I can relate.  I have a 23 year-old Jet "nut", who sounds a lot like your son.  All we do constantly is argue about the team and players.  WTF did we do making these kids fans of this team?  lol

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

Sorry don't buy this like many of you do. 

It's the same lazy journalism that said he was overweight in the spring and then when he actually was at camp he looked (we saw with our own eyes) to be in phenomenal shape. 

typical National Media That hasn't had a juicy story in 24 hours about the jets only to get fans to click on it. I don't know why anyone listens to them when there are so many options on YouTube with much more knowledgeable and thorough information. It's why I have totally followed the narrative of the YouTube Jets content makers and boycott the beat. I totally unfollowed most to all Our beat writers and national media,  haven't missed a thing.#boycottthebeat

33 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

This.

And this.

And I doubt it was ever 4 weeks at a minimum--they should have said 4-20 weeks progniosis.

Knee cap dislocation is not small thing.  

Dislocated knee cap is a pretty serious injury

If I recall correctly Klecko dislocated his kneecap and was out basically the entire year in 86 I believe. He tried to play against the Browns and was a shell of his All Pro self

• Sympathy 1

Too many continue to look for reasons why this team sucks and hey why not add big, fat and lazy left tackle to the pile. Simply incredible!
Nothing in his college career said that he was a risk at being too big, too fat and lazy.
The guy got injured period, stop. 
sh*t happens. And sh*t happening DEFINITELY is one reason why we’ve sucked for so long. But Becton being a fat slob is a reason I simply don’t buy.
When he pancakes a linebacker next year all this will be forgotten.
patience.

Completely untrue, his weight was a major issue in college as well. His weight is a major issue now and will continue to be. Go find a picture of his father, those are the habits he grew up with. That’s what he’s destined to look like.

2 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Just way too risky of a player for Joe Douglas to use his first ever draft pick on.

I hated the pick on draft night, Becton won me over with his strong player as a rookie, but this has always been a big part of his issues. Can he keep his weight in order and given his size, is he going to be a player who can stay healthy? 

We're discussing using another premium draft pick on a tackle because Becton is a massive question mark. Not good. 

Exactly my thoughts. I hated the pick and could not understand why we didnt pick Wirfs then I was OK with it but not I think he has huge bust potential.

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Really he wins every argument cause he can always end an argument with "what father would do this to his son!" with regards to being a Jets fan lol

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Man Douglas just did no homework before that draft huh. He had been hired way before that too. What the hell was he doing.

Global Pandemic ended live scouting, in person meetings, cancelled the combine, and made the draft virtual.  But yeah, nothing weird could have effected any of the picks made by any teams in that draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Origen said:

Global Pandemic ended live scouting, in person meetings, cancelled the combine, and made the draft virtual.  But yeah, nothing weird could have effected any of the picks made by any teams in that draft.

Pretty sure every team dealt with that. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Pretty sure every team dealt with that. 

Then why ask the question?  Seems pretty stupid to me.  Or are all the other draft picks all-pro's too and just not the ones the Jets got?  OR is it just a lazy cop out to a crap-shoot draft that some teams lucked out in and others didn't?  Guess we'll all just have to wonder, huh?

• Upvote 1

LOL - some of these posts. Let's examine what was said.

1. "sources with knowledge" - really - are we going to take anything he says after that seriously? If we are see #2.

2. the knee did not heal as quickly as they had hoped - okay, again assuming this guy isn't making up the story, he had legitimate setbacks. but hey...

3. because he was unable to work out, or re-hab, he put on weight - so, it wasn't that he didn't want to rehab or chose not to - and if you believe this guy he put on weight (which was an issue he has had in the past).

Now, even if you were to listen to and believe this guy - where did he say that Becton was LAZY. Again, if we he is saying with his phantom sources, he couldn't work out or re-hab do to the knee not progressing fast enough; as a result, he put on weight and now he has to not only rehab the knee (which is harder to do with the extra weight) but he has to get back into shape. To be fair, if his knee needed extra healing time, even if he didn't put on weight, it would take longer to get back into shape. He also said that the jets hoped that he would be ready physically and mentally - could it be that his knee is healed, but he doesn't trust it as the last time he was put in injured, the injury got worse?

But yeah, soft sources and never called him lazy, but hey...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

What’s Neal’s height/weight again?

EDIT: Found it. ?

B3CCBAD3-8CDD-4E95-94B0-F8531D70EB2F.thumb.jpeg.93e82a0d79d765735b2cdff3cae28946.jpeg

IMG to Bama; guy has been prepping for this forever. Can't frickin' miss. 

Again, ref flag with Becton is a guy that big was not recruited to a big school. Why is it he wasn't at Bama or GA or Clemson? Lousiville, the school and the town, are dumps. Grant you you have late bloomers and guys who work their way into great players. That is not Becton. Becton is simply huge and pushed people around. There's no technique and doesn't look like he's not in the gym at the crack of dawn. These are problems. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheMo said:

I'm going to sound like 90 year old man here. But why are we obsessing over a dudes Twitter account. Personally if I am doing rehab I wouldn't post about it on Twitter and reserve low key stuff like video games for Twitter.

Would I be penning him in as an all pro lock and not even thinking about a guy like cross at the top of the draft? No. But I also wouldn't write him off either. 

As is the case in much of the world today, the situation is much less black and white and far more gray than people want to admit. 

Normally, I’d agree.  When it comes to the guy that has been lacking in maturity, I’d like him to be a little more self aware.  When people are questioning where you are, wondering if something happened with your rehab, maybe it’s a bad look to advertise that you are streaming video games.  It’s an even worse look when it comes out that your rehab went poorly.

21 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - some of these posts. Let's examine what was said.

1. "sources with knowledge" - really - are we going to take anything he says after that seriously? If we are see #2.

2. the knee did not heal as quickly as they had hoped - okay, again assuming this guy isn't making up the story, he had legitimate setbacks. but hey...

3. because he was unable to work out, or re-hab, he put on weight - so, it wasn't that he didn't want to rehab or chose not to - and if you believe this guy he put on weight (which was an issue he has had in the past).

Now, even if you were to listen to and believe this guy - where did he say that Becton was LAZY. Again, if we he is saying with his phantom sources, he couldn't work out or re-hab do to the knee not progressing fast enough; as a result, he put on weight and now he has to not only rehab the knee (which is harder to do with the extra weight) but he has to get back into shape. To be fair, if his knee needed extra healing time, even if he didn't put on weight, it would take longer to get back into shape. He also said that the jets hoped that he would be ready physically and mentally - could it be that his knee is healed, but he doesn't trust it as the last time he was put in injured, the injury got worse?

But yeah, soft sources and never called him lazy, but hey...

Here's the deal. I've been a fan of this team and of football in general for a long time. In that time, I learned not to buy rumors and sources. However, I also learned where there is significant smoke, there is at least some fire. 

With Becton there is significant smoke. You don't need to be an insider to see it. His coaches have alluded to issues, his teammates have alluded to issues. Chances are, they guy has some issue. Is it as cut and dry as "he's fat and lazy"? I dunno, but there's clearly something wrong here. To deny that is delusional. 

• Upvote 4