Zach Wilson incompletions highlights

k-met57

Forget additional weapons, I just wonder how the Jets would’ve looked with most of their guys healthy all year. Show me this offense with Becton, Davis, Moore, Crowder, etc. available to play 15+ games.

Aside from the talent, it would simply give a level of consistency for a rookie QB learning how this offense should execute.

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Braxton comes beck healthy, paid and sexy as hell. Moore has a great off season training to get healthy and stay healthy. Corey Davis gets an Amazon package from LaFleur and it’s a jugs  machine. We draft a killer TE who be catching and blocking like a mofo. Give Seattle that 10 back  and get DK Metcalf . Shut up and do what I say. Profit, 

DK is the last guy I'd want to pay.

No, the tight end on the Cowboys as a FA?  Dalton Schultz, hasn't missed a game in 3 years, 150 catches in the last 2.

Not a game breaker, but something that could really help Zach.   Dependable, over the middle, move the chains.

• Upvote 3

Unquestionably a few bad drops in there, but also some pretty bad throws shown that are a bit much to be trying to celebrate Wilson for.

Drops happen throughout the NFL and the Jets certainly weren't the worst in that regard, so unless anyone wants to go through and give the rest of the league's QBs extra credit for their drops too, let's not pretend like that does anything to change what actually happened.  Guys like Allen and Herbert actually had it worse, but seemed to somehow manage.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Unquestionably a few bad drops in there, but also some pretty bad throws shown that are a bit much to be trying to celebrate Wilson for.

Drops happen throughout the NFL and the Jets certainly weren't the worst in that regard, so unless anyone wants to go through and give the rest of the league's QBs extra credit for their drops too, let's not pretend like that does anything to change what actually happened.  Guys like Allen and Herbert actually had it worse, but seemed to somehow manage.

Zach led the NFL in dropped passes with 25% higher percent dropped than the #2 QB.  

Lots of those were drive killers.  They matter and it’s not just the stats on the drops, but the team missed out on lots of points from those drops.  

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Pretty sure they were the worst when Wilson was the Qb

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

That throw to Davis in the Denver game was such a rope....

Corey Davis is not a number 1 WR on a good team.

Watching those highlights I was thinking the same thing. His throws are laser beams. He also is very very good at keeping plays alive. 
reminds me of Mahomes if he can learn to take the check down, not run backwards and running OB. Get this man a TE, true #1 and a full season of healthy OL play and off season conditioning for Zach watch out

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:
13 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Given how many times we ran on 1st and 2nd, a lot of those drops were first downs that instead resulted in a 3 and out. 

Lots of those were drive killers.  They matter and it’s not just the stats on the drops, but the team missed out on lots of points from those drops.  

you guys beat me to it. i dont know if we can find those stats for the rest of the QBs but alot of Zachs ended drives

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

DK is the last guy I'd want to pay.

No, the tight end on the Cowboys as a FA?  Dalton Schultz, hasn't missed a game in 3 years, 150 catches in the last 2.

Not a game breaker, but something that could really help Zach.   Dependable, over the middle, move the chains.

“Not a game breaker but” gonna stop you there, we need game breakers please.

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Zach led the NFL in dropped passes with 25% higher percent dropped than the #2 QB.  

The first part isn't even possible, so not sure where you're getting that from.

As far as the second, that's just a mindset of confirmation bias, of why it must be worse when it happens to Wilson as opposed to everyone else, solely to fit a narrative.

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The first part isn't even possible, so not sure where you're getting that from.

As far as the second, that's just a mindset of confirmation bias, of why it must be worse when it happens to Wilson as opposed to everyone else, solely to fit a narrative.

actually Zack was 3rd in drop % at 6.8 only Fields and Darnold had a worst one.

Brady was 17th at 4.5%

Rodgers was best at 2.5%

2021 NFL Advanced Passing | Pro-Football-Reference.com

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

actually Zack was 3rd in drop % at 6.8 only Fields and Darnold had a worst one.

Brady was 17th at 4.5%

Rodgers was best at 2.5%

2021 NFL Advanced Passing | Pro-Football-Reference.com

That's certainly believable.  I just knew the concept of his percentage being league worst by 25% was just obviously ridiculously impossible.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Nania’s swing from “serious analytics savant” to “aggressive homer” was rather quick.

This definitely has some truth to it, he’s very hit & miss now. I do think this was a different perspective to view Wilson from if we’re talking about building a case for next year’s optimism, it’s good enough for that.

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

This definitely has some truth to it, he’s very hit & miss now. I do think this was a different perspective to view Wilson from if we’re talking about building a case for next year’s optimism, it’s good enough for that.

Sure.  But put this next to the reel of “Zach Wilson’s off-target throws where his WR bails him out” and you’re looking at a longer video.

Its just hard to understand, given Nania’s typical content these days, how we were only a 4-win team.

• Upvote 2