Elijah Moore with and without Wilson at QB

AFJF

D'oh.  Did both sets of stats with the 4 sample despite him playing 7.  Looked at it twice and thought it looked crazy but did the math again, using the FOUR...again.

Dummy.

Edited by AFJF

7 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

to get from 19 catches to 80 catches, 200 yards to 800 yards, and 1 TD to 4 TDs, you need to multiply by  4. 7x4 = 28.

Confused Thinking GIF

You didn't hear about next year's expansion to 28 games?

• Haha 4

Inb4 someone points to the REAL meaning behind those statz being that Elijah Moore preformed better with the combo of Mike "Saltine" White, Josh "Who" Johnson, and the desiccated corpse of Joe Flacco than with Zach Wilson.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Inb4 someone points to the REAL meaning behind those statz being that Elijah Moore preformed better with the combo of Mike "Saltine" White, Josh "Who" Johnson, and the desiccated corpse of Joe Flacco than with Zach Wilson.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not sure the math is correct but, yes, every receiver not named Braxton Berrios was living in hell with Zach playing QB this season

Jack Black Smile GIF

• Haha 1

Moore is a #1?

No he isn’t.

Being a #1 isn’t just projected make-believe woulda coulda should stats.

Hes talented with a lot of potential and I look forward to his future, but he is no more a #1 than Robby was a #1. 

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Moore is a #1?

No he isn’t.

Hes talented with a lot of potential and I look forward to his future, but he is no more a #1 than Robby was a #1. 

Being a number 1 means consistently getting open all over the field.  Moore did that.  QB didn't deliver.

No shortage of doubters though.  

Time will tell.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

So Moore struggled when Zach struggled? That’s some mind blowing analytics!

If you consider getting wide open against opposing defenses but having a QB who doesn't get you the ball then yes, Moore struggled mightily.

• Upvote 1

Funny moment on the Pardon My Take podcast this week. They’re interviewing Matt LaFleur when the subject of Mike LaFleur comes up. Matt says something to the effect of “Mike did a great job this year” and the host replies, “He did a great job with Mike White. We’ll always have the Mike White games, and Joe Flacco” and Matt LaFleur, not aware that they’re making a joke about Zach Wilson sucking, offers up “And Josh Johnson!” 

Starts at about 53:10

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

If you consider getting wide open against opposing defenses but having a QB who doesn't get you the ball then yes, Moore struggled mightily.

His production certainly struggled. Which indeed coincides with what I was saying. 

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Not sure the math is correct but, yes, every receiver not named Braxton Berrios was living in hell with Zach playing QB this season

Just curious, do you think the 4 rookies as a unit play better together next year than this year, AVT, Wilson, Moore, and Carter?

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Depends. Which one is playing quarterback?

I went to Saturday mass, I keep praying “As a Unit” they keep improving together.

I understand the importance of a Superior QB and I don’t think Zach is Superior so I’m banking on the team making Zach better as opposed to Zach making the team better.

So if Zach is QB, will they be better next year?

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Being a number 1 means consistently getting open all over the field.  Moore did that.  QB didn't deliver.

No shortage of doubters though.  

Time will tell.

Moore had some big drops and missed a lot of time due to injury. 

terrific first year, but a little early to be labeling him a #1,

IMO 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, Seibelt said:

I went to Saturday mass, I keep praying “As a Unit” they keep improving together.

I understand the importance of a Superior QB and I don’t think Zach is Superior so I’m banking on the team making Zach better as opposed to Zach making the team better.

So if Zach is QB, will they be better next year?

Next time you’re at Mass, can you pray for Kenny Pickett’s fingers to grow another half an inch so Detroit picks him at 2?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Moore is a #1?

No he isn’t.

Just like we can’t write someone off after a tough rookie year, we also shouldn’t crown them after a good one. We insist on making up our minds so quickly nowadays.

Moore is a legit talent and I think he has the chance to be a great player. I’ve was on the Moore train when he was in college. I begged the jets to draft him on this board. Huge fan. 

But let’s allow him to get there first. 

• Like 1