Josh Allen a running back, seriously?

43 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Be honest with yourselves - how many of you really thought Josh Allen was going to be very good after his rookie year? 

I’m getting the brunt of this, and deservedly so.  But there are quite a few rats here who were laughing at Allen right along with me his first 2 years in the league and pretending that never happened.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m getting the brunt of this, and deservedly so.  But there are quite a few rats here who were laughing at Allen right along with me his first 2 years in the league and pretending that never happened.

Of course. 

I wasn’t laughing at him but I wasn’t worried about him at all. I started to be a fan in year 2 and thought he showed some really nice flashes and thought he could be a solid longterm starter.

but his sudden ascension to the top of the league in year 3 shocked me. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Of course. 

I wasn’t laughing at him but I wasn’t worried about him at all. I started to be a fan in year 2 and thought he showed some really nice flashes and thought he could be a solid longterm starter.

Historically unprecedented.  And now every smooth brain poster here thinks its OK for a young QB to suck for 2 years because, hey, he'll just be the next Josh Allen!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Historically unprecedented.  And now every smooth brain poster here thinks its OK for a young QB to suck for 2 years because, hey, he'll just be the next Josh Allen!

you might still be right in the end. running QBs never last too long.

save those threads. in 3 years you could be having the last laugh. then we will be debating if we was a good/great QB when he had 4-5 good years out of 8-9

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

you might still be right in the end. running QBs never last too long.

save those threads. in 3 years you could be having the last laugh. then we will be debating if we was a good/great QB when he had 4-5 good years out of 8-9

Nah.  Injuries from running don't save me from this.  I said he'd never be a capable passer in this league because of his inaccuracy and propensity to commit turnovers.  He fixed that.  He could snap his leg in half next weekend and I'd still have been wrong.

• Post of the Week 2

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nah.  Injuries from running don't save me from this.  I said he'd never be a capable passer in this league because of his inaccuracy and propensity to commit turnovers.  He fixed that.  He could snap his leg in half next weekend and I'd still have been wrong.

Hey, don't tempt fate. Can you shoot a black cat or push an old lady off a ladder to reverse this sh*t now?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Is this gonna be an annual victory lap or…

Depends on how much I drink when Josh Allen tees it up. Last night was a lot.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

While true, you’re typically the best sport about it. As you know, I don’t really care about much beyond the friendly ball-breaking. ♥️

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Of course. 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Look closely at what the Bulls did every post-season leading up to Josh’s ascension. It wasn’t just Stephon Diggs.

They supported him the right way thru personnel and didn’t re-install offenses every year.