Josh Allen a running back, seriously?

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m getting the brunt of this, and deservedly so.  But there are quite a few rats here who were laughing at Allen right along with me his first 2 years in the league and pretending that never happened.

Eh it’s not big deal.  This is a fan message board where there are always outlandish takes.    Most of the time a player is labeled an All pro by someone before even playing a snap.   Then someone else will call that player a bust after 4 games if they aren’t playing at a pro-bowl level.   
 It’s all good.  Everyone here has missed on players, and been right about players.   Besides, how boring would this place be if we couldn’t bust someone’s balls every now and then.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Historically unprecedented.  And now every smooth brain poster here thinks its OK for a young QB to suck for 2 years because, hey, he'll just be the next Josh Allen!

This is true but I also think the Bills are the shining example of how to bring a QB along, using every available avenue to acquire talent and provide Allen with support, from coaching to drafting, signing free agents and making big time trades. They went all out to surround him with talent, and I do think it's helped him realize his own talent.    Still a bit of an outlier but never in a million years did I see him turning into this type of a player. 

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Look closely at what the Bulls did every post-season leading up to Josh’s ascension. It wasn’t just Stephon Diggs.

They supported him the right way thru personnel and didn’t re-install offenses every year.

Good point, but I always felt Rodman was the key to the second three-peat. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Look closely at what the Bulls did every post-season leading up to Josh’s ascension. It wasn’t just Stephon Diggs.

They supported him the right way thru personnel and didn’t re-install offenses every year.

True.  But the Carolina Panthers had a great setup for Sam Darnold too and he still failed.

The Bills are pretty perfect but Allen has a maniacal drive to improve to go along with the NFLs strongest arm and elite athleticism.  All of those ingredients are making the Bills and Allen what they are.

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

This is true but I also think the Bills are the shining example of how to bring a QB along, using every available avenue to acquire talent and provide Allen with support, from coaching to drafting, signing free agents and making big time trades. They went all out to surround him with talent, and I do think it's helped him realize his own talent.    Still a bit of an outlier but never in a million years did I see him turning into this type of a player. 

Right but read my post above.  Elite circumstances can’t create an elite QB on their own.  Allen is special too, clearly.