Belicheat without Shady Brady...

Belichick is not a great coach. I could be a great coach with Tim Brady as my QB. I mean from drafting to game time decisions he doesn't make bone headed moves but nothing i seen makes me think great coach. I do think he is alright but players makes plays. Him beating talentless teams.or running up the score with Brady means he is a jackass

• Thumb Down 1
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I hate BB as much as the next guy, but he's still probably one of the best NFL coaches of all times.

With that said you still need good players to win..specifically a QB and Jones is a rookie with limited talent.

To be clear, I really enjoyed them getting beat up tonight!

Why does it always come back to Mac Jones? Are people really surprised that a rookie QB with a bunch of no.3 receivers got destroyed by the no.1 defense in the NFL? It was the most predictable outcome ever. Bill Belichick's reputation has been built around strong defenses. Tonight his defense gave up a touchdown on all seven drives. I feel like this is a bigger story than Mac Jones and his predictably bad performance. Would the greatest coach of all time really allow this to happen?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Brady has never won without a top 10 D and a top 10 OL. Brady needed to go to a STACKED TB team in order to win. He had weapons all over the place on offense and the 6th best defense in the league. 

This is all correct, and I’ve been trying to tell people for years. Of course he’s an inner circle hall of famer and far and away the winningest QB ever, but he’s had more help along the way than anyone else, and a huge part of that was Belichick and still is all the HGH he ingests on a regular basis.

I mean, as a microcosm, he threw THREE (3) second half INTs in the NFC championship game last year, his defense bailed him out, but he gets credited with “🐐” and “winnin chips”. I can’t remember a playoff game where  a QB ever won after throwing 3 ints, let alone three consecutive 2nd half ints!

Hes something like 4-1 in playoff games where he throws 3 ints. He’s something like 3-0 in playoff games where he throws pick 6s. Of course he deserves credit for coming back from that, but no other QB in league history had the benefit of coaching and teammates to help them dig themselves out of those holes as consistently as brady has had his whole career. Plus, the HGH.

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Did you not watch the rams Super Bowl? He’s probably the best defensive mind of this era. 

Belichick has 3 rings as a DC stopping some great offenses in the playoffs on the Giants too.

Wanna hear a really fun fact? HoF coach and @T0mShane’s hero Bill Parcells has a grand total of 0 playoff wins without Belichick as his DC. In fact, IIDRC, Parcells had a sub .500 record and 0 playoff appearances without Belichick as DC.

5 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Did you not watch the rams Super Bowl? He’s probably the best defensive mind of this era. 

Great defensive coordinator who had the greatest qb ever fall in his lap. Without Brady his head coaching career has been average at best even including this season

it is what it is

I don’t think Brady or beli would be the same without each other. Brady has never won without a top 10 D and a top 10 OL. Beli has never won without Brady - the ultimate game manager.

Brady needed to go to a STACKED TB team in order to win. He had weapons all over the place on offense and the 6th best defense in the league. 

They went together like lamb and tuna fish 
Do you hate LeBron too ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

People on this board said Mac was Brady and this is the 2001 patriots.

Lmfaooo pure comedy
I recall saying he looked like Brady in one or two games ... but never thst he WAS Brady ... or that this was the 2001 Patriots.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I don’t think Brady or beli would be the same without each other. Brady has never won without a top 10 D and a top 10 OL. Beli has never won without Brady - the ultimate game manager.

Brady needed to go to a STACKED TB team in order to win. He had weapons all over the place on offense and the 6th best defense in the league. 

Brady always has a great OL because he makes them look good with his quick decision making. He also helps the D by giving them long drives to rest and many leads to play with. Every great player needs good players around them although Brady has won with some very mediocre receivers over the years. Trying to argue that Brady isn’t somehow that great with his unparalleled success is not reasonable. No one has come close to his level of championships and probably never will. 

8 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Weapons and OL don't matter.

The QB makes the weapons and OL....Talent elsewhere is mostly irrelevant.

6 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Belichick has 3 rings as a DC stopping some great offenses in the playoffs on the Giants too.

Wanna hear a really fun fact? HoF coach and @T0mShane’s hero Bill Parcells has a grand total of 0 playoff wins without Belichick as his DC. In fact, IIDRC, Parcells had a sub .500 record and 0 playoff appearances without Belichick as DC.

Is that true? I’m sorry. I am a JETS fan and I follow the JETS so I don’t do much research into Bill Belichick folklore on, no doubt, Patriots-oriented websites like yourself, traitor

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, GREAT WHITE HYPE said:

Bill Belichick has 1 playoff win in his career without @TomBrady. It was Jan 1, 1995 and the QB was #Jets legend Vinny Testaverde. #Patriots

Fun thread but what he accomplished with a limited rookie QB this year was masterful. Just didn’t have the horses in the end. No shame in losing to Buffalo, they are a great team built to win with one of the  best young QB’s in the game. 

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Is that true? I’m sorry. I am a JETS fan and I follow the JETS so I don’t do much research into Bill Belichick folklore on, no doubt, Patriots-oriented websites like yourself, traitor

Um, Belichick is a former Jets DC and HC. I’m sorry I know more about football than you do.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I hate BB as much as the next guy, but he's still probably one of the best NFL coaches of all times.

With that said you still need good players to win..specifically a QB and Jones is a rookie with limited talent.

To be clear, I really enjoyed them getting beat up tonight!

This. Anybody, on here saying BB is not a good coach is in la la land. 

16 hours ago, thoriar said:

Why does it always come back to Mac Jones? Are people really surprised that a rookie QB with a bunch of no.3 receivers got destroyed by the no.1 defense in the NFL? It was the most predictable outcome ever. Bill Belichick's reputation has been built around strong defenses. Tonight his defense gave up a touchdown on all seven drives. I feel like this is a bigger story than Mac Jones and his predictably bad performance. Would the greatest coach of all time really allow this to happen?

Does anyone else see the irony of this statement? like another rookie QB everyone is dumping on whose OL is worse and who would feel like he was playing with #1s if he had Mac Jones' #3? LOL

Anyway, this is a BB without Brady topic; while Bill's D gave the ultimate fail last night - maybe a reasonable QB could have slowed them down by scoring points and not giving up INTs. But yeah, the defensive genius who spent big time in the off season on his D got pretty badly spanked. Even with Brady in his prime I doubt they win that game, but how many years did Brady make up for Bill's soft D? who knows.

21 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Did it to the Rams twice, he stopped the Greatest Show on Turf to get his 1st ring.

Those early Pats teams were more than just Brady.  They played defense and ran the ball well.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, GREAT WHITE HYPE said:

Bill Belichick has 1 playoff win in his career without @TomBrady. It was Jan 1, 1995 and the QB was #Jets legend Vinny Testaverde. #Patriots

Belicheat without Shady Brady...

STILL BELLY LAUGHS FROM SAT NITE BLOWOUT 

ha ha

Espn What GIF by Top Rank Boxing

46 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Did it to the Rams twice, he stopped the Greatest Show on Turf to get his 1st ring.

Those early Pats teams were more than just Brady.  They played defense and ran the ball well.

Definitely Brady needed a ton of help in the early years. After about 10 years he started to become mr clutch. I 100% think Brady is a top 5 qb ever, I just don’t think he’s #1.  If Rodgers was with beli would they have done just as well if not better? No one knows, but I would guess yes