Chicken Littles.

29 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Are you really trying to make the argument that Wilson isn't bad because Allen's stats were bad in his rookie season? 

Allen is an extreme outlier based on his rookie season. There's literally no other examples. 

Josh Allen did not look that great his first season.  They built an offense around him, he improved, and look where he is now.

People don't need to take extremes because something is said.  I am sceptical about Zac, but I was about Allen as well.  I thought the Bills wasted a pick.  NOBODY improves pass completion stats from college to the pros the way he has.  But alas.

But if they keep building around Zach, who knows.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We should stick Zach into that machine that turned little Stevie Rogers into Captain America and he, too, could become Josh Allen

Yes because all good QBs look and play the same way. 

just figure out a way to develop a good one before I die :) 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Josh Allen did not look that great his first season.  They built an offense around him, he improved, and look where he is now.

People don't need to take extremes because something is said.  I am sceptical about Zac, but I was about Allen as well.  I thought the Bills wasted a pick.  NOBODY improves pass completion stats from college to the pros the way he has.  But alas.

But if they keep building around Zach, who knows.  

The point being.. it's been done once. This idea that QB having really, really bad seasons is reason to think they won't be bad.. is silly. Allen's improvement is not a repeatable thing.. we know that because he's the only example. 

That being said, as I and others have argued, the Jets did a piss poor job giving Wilson a chance given the realities of skills, abilities, experience and the situation of the team and they need to rectify that this offseason so they don't end up repeating "Darnold Year 3"

• Upvote 2

I'm reading  all of these threads about how so many people were wrong about Allen...
I would love to go back and read all posts for his first two seasons about how much of a bust he was....
Have the courage to have  faith!

Wanna know something ironic? I said multiple times I felt his was the highest ceiling of his draft class. What I wonder more is how you look at Josh Allen and even think to compare Zach Wilson. Josh Allen is the prototype of what you look for if you’re taking a kid from 2nd tier colleges. Insane measurables and an ability to make plays with their legs. Comparing Zach Wilson to Josh Allen is like comparing Danny Devito to Arnold Schwarzenegger in Twins.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Wilson is elusive, with a quick release and a strong arm.  He’s smart, spends time at his craft, and is getting better at reading defenses by the week.  

He will be the FQB and some fans will always be haters lol 

Or he won’t, and you and Fido will go on and on about how it was everyone’s fault but his.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I would love to go back and read all posts for his first two seasons about how much of a bust he was....

Indeed, in his first season Allen's Won-Loss Record was 5-6, 10 TDs to 12 Ints., QB rating of 67.9, Completion% of 52,8.

Does that sound like somebody on the road to Canton ?

I love chicken littles! I know they're pretty much just a chicken strip made into a sandwich but they're cheap and pretty tasty.

KFC has a surprising amount of things that are pretty good besides just the regular chicken has anyone here tried their fries?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Wilson is elusive, with a quick release and a strong arm.  He’s smart, spends time at his craft, and is getting better at reading defenses by the week.  

Zach Wilson reminds me a lot of Kellen Clemens and JP Losman “oh my God look at his throws!”

Give me a break, the kid is mediocre at best

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yes because all good QBs look and play the same way. 

just figure out a way to develop a good one before I die :) 

The funniest part of this whole thing is the supposed GOAT football player, Tom Brady, was indeed developed over time. He’s nowhere near the same qb that won those first 3 SBs

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm reading  all of these threads about how so many people were wrong about Allen...

Have the courage to have  faith!

He’s big, fast hard to bring down, runs like a buffalo.  We get to face him twice a year…..   

6 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

We hope you’re right…. But the Jets have ruined many a QB.   ?

6 hours ago, Snell41 said:

Wanna know something ironic? I said multiple times I felt his was the highest ceiling of his draft class. What I wonder more is how you look at Josh Allen and even think to compare Zach Wilson. Josh Allen is the prototype of what you look for if you’re taking a kid from 2nd tier colleges. Insane measurables and an ability to make plays with their legs. Comparing Zach Wilson to Josh Allen is like comparing Danny Devito to Arnold Schwarzenegger in Twins.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

aren't Romo, Mahomes, Warner from 2nd tier schools?

Playing QB in the NFL is like having a kid, they are all different and can all be great in their own way if the underlying talent is there.

Wilson has elite traits, which were on display this year. His release, his escapability, not watching the rush, keeping eyes downfield, so much to be happy with as far as potential. He got no help from this team.

His issues this year were mechanics, and processing / the speed of the game, he tried to play backyard football when the game got too fast for him, and in the NFL that's not like in college...esp when you are throwing to guys who cant separate much.

So the question is, can Wilson do enough to get better, can the jets make it easier for him by protecting him and giving him guys that can catch a sh*t throw once in a while? i dont know the answers to any of these things...but the notion that you need to be 6'5 because you came from Delaware is nonsense.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

You can't teach 6'5 240 lbs and runs like a TE at the QB position. He needed to learn the NFL just like most QB's do. ZW will never be 6'5 and 240 lbs, but that doesn't mean you couldn't see the progress he made after the first 5 games. He played like he never should have been on the football field in those 5 games, and the coaching staff should have waited to trout him out there. BUT, he got better. No, he's not close to what he needs to be, but you can see the signs of learning.

This year is over, and what's done is done. Zach will take some rest and I'm sure get back to work. He has some really good traits. Once our OL is settled and can play 17 weeks together, and we add our Diggs, and a good TE, you'll see that he'll be better. ML is a good OC, and I'm sure ZW will be ok once we fill in the pieces, like the Bills did for JA. 

• Upvote 2