Jets Next Playoff Appearance Will Be…

Ray Ryan

Its gotta be 2023.  If its not, its another tear down and reboot in 24.

I’m starting to get a little concerned about the AFC QB situation though.   7 teams in the playoffs, and we have to deal with Mahomes, Burrows, Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Mac Jones, Tannehill, and Carr.  All of which are already in the top 15 best qbs in the NFL.   And thats not counting future stars drafted in the next few years, upcoming talents like Lawrence as well as possible trades for the likes of Rogers and Wilson.

Its a pretty crowded conference all of a sudden.  

Considering that most of the really good teams are in the NFC and the fact that 3 pretty meh teams in the Steelers, Raiders and Bengals made the playoffs this season, I like our odds for being competitive for a spot next season and making it in 2023.

I suspect this primarily based on my view that the Jets have truly hit pay dirt on the HC and my feeling that Zach needed a year to adjust to the speed of the NFL especially since he came from BYU and an abbreviated covid schedule. I've come to believe that the true secret to landing a franchise QB is to find a guy with the necessary skillset whose arrow is pointing up -- meaning he is still a work in progress and has not yet peaked. I think Zach is one of those guys. By way of comparison, Baker Mayfield was not one of those guys. He was basically a finished product when drafted.  

• Upvote 1