Brady Jr 8 turnovers is last 5 games

NYJets43

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mac Jones last five (Bills twice, @Colts, @Dolphins, Jaguars)

61% passing, 233 ypg, 7 TDs, 7 INTs, 6.71 y/a

Zach Wilson last five (Saints, @Dolphins, Jaguars, Bucs, @Bills)

52% completions, 159 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs, 5.65 y/a

Jones numbers might be skewed since he only passed three times in one of the Buffalo games but I see what you getting at.          I Still think Jones will be an above average QB in the system he plays in  but Zach if he lives up to his potential can and would be far better than Jones and it wouldn’t be close. Only time will tell 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Problem is once Bills got a lead Pats were done. Mac can not hit the quick scores to get them back in the game Pats had to play catch up and couldn’t play the run heavy ball control offense that beat them last meeting and the Bills new this….plus it put their defense at a disadvantage by not making them and any chances to take the ball away.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

They drafted Chad Pennington 2.0 and are just now realizing it.

I'd rather have rolled the dice on any of the other prospects in '21 for a shot at greatness rather than settle for a perfectly executed play action pass to Jerald Sowell in the flat.

Lol-that Gerald Sowell play was awesome. I feel like it worked every time. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

The worst part about Mac Jones for a Patriots fan is that he has hit his ceiling 

I always find it interesting how Jets players always have massive unlimited ceilings they’ll totally get to……always next year…....while our rivals players are always limited system guys already at their ceiling.

I hear John Allan is just a RB who’ll never make it at QB cause he’s already reached his ceiling..    

I guess it’s easier for Wilson to fix his poor accuracy than it is for Jones to get acclimated to the cold, lol.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

I always find it interesting how Jets players always have massive unlimited ceilings they’ll totally get to……always next year…....while our rivals players are always limited system guys already at their ceiling.

I hear John Allan is just a RB who’ll never make it at QB cause he’s already reached his ceiling..    

I guess it’s easier for Wilson to fix his poor accuracy than it is for Jones to get acclimated to the cold, lol.

Why bring Wilson into this? This thread is about Mac Jones and his significant regression in his last five games. 

Wilson still needs to prove that he can adjust to the NFL. Jones proved he could adjust to the NFL, but now the league is starting to expose his weaknesses and he needs to prove he can counteract that.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It’s very interesting.  Now we have to find someone who always has that opinion 

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I posted this in the game thread a bit ago but it belongs here:

No Mac Jones wasnt the problem last night but I'm going to stick to my guns and says his limitations are a long-term problem for New England.  The great Bill Belicheat, drafted a Qb who lets face it, cant handle the weather conditions of Foxborough.  Mac Jones had never seen snow, till this year.  I want to preface my, Mac Jones aint all that post with, I'd be ecstatic if Zach Wilson had a rookie season like Mac Jones.  That said, I've taken heat for saying I dont think there is much more to see from Mac Jones than what we've already seen this season and I think his Dec and now playoffs, plays that out.   

In the month of Dec, Mac Jones threw for 463 yards, 52% comp, 2 TD's and 4 INT's, 5.8 ypc, 57.5 rating.

Lets compare that to October for example, when everyone was sh*tting their pants he was the next Brady.  1,300, 68%, 7/2, 7.8, 98. 

That is a pathetically miserable regression at the most important junction of the season.  The Patriots went 1-4 over their last 5 games.  Why?  Mac Jones is a dink and dunk, limited passer who cant push the ball downfield and handle the weather.  Peep this:

Weather below 40 degrees; 58% comp.  Whereas he completed over 70% of his passes in weather above 40 degrees.

He also struggles when playing from behind, significant difference when he asked to throw the ball more.  Everything gets worse. 

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT   SACK RTG          
127 175 1,420 72.6 8.1 10 2   14 110.7          
185 293 2,039 63.1 7.0 10 11   5 79.4          

He made some very good throws last night, but his limitations were on full display, especially on that first pick. Hyde made a great play, but Agholor had to slow up and wait for the ball because Jones couldn't get enough on it. If Jones throws that far enough to hit Agholor in stride, Hyde never gets the chance to make a play

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I think this is slightly different. I'd bet you could ask anyone grading the QBs coming out last year and come to this conclusion:

Lawrence: High Floor/High Ceiling

Wilson: Low Floor/High Ceiling

Lance: Low Floor/High Ceiling

Fields: Low Floor/High Ceiling

Jones: High Floor/Low Ceiling

Mills: Who?

Jones easily had the most to work with in college talent wise and he easily had the best roster as a rookie. Jones is going to have to use his mind the way Brady did to overcome the short comings of his athleticism.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Mac Jones is the most intelligent QB in last year’s draft by far. He knows the game through and through and he’ll continue to get smarter at it under Belicheck. Bellicheck sat in the QB room with Tom throughout his entire career tutoring him on how Defenses operate and where the weak spots are. He’s going to do the same with Mac. In the meantime Max will get a little stronger physically just like Tom has and he’ll be able to make every throw he needs to make. The only difference that concerns me is Mac is through and through a southern kid and it’s evident he does not handle cold well. He needs to acclimate himself to the climate if he’s going to have success in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app