McCarthy in a must win today?

17 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is worse then the takes on this board that are coming when we win 8 games next year and everyone on this board will want Douglas and Saleh fired.

No semi rational fan is going to call for Douglas/Saleh to be fired if we win 8 games. This isn’t a narrative 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Pretty proactive of Jerry to know he will lose Moore to another team.

Also pretty sh*tty giving McCarthy only 2 years when last year his QB was done for majority of the season.

McCarthy has had game management issues and there is some feeling in Dallas that they win in spite of him. Green Bay has certainly been better without him and Jerry is not a patient man. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, docdhc said:

McCarthy has had game management issues and there is some feeling in Dallas that they win in spite of him. Green Bay has certainly been better without him and Jerry is not a patient man. 

Yeah I get it and if they feel Moore is gonna be a great coach + McCarthy ceiling is Wild Card loser then roll the dice!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It boils down to this: the Cowboys, at home, with all that talent on both sides of the ball, are only 3 point favorites and Jerry likely thinks that’s because McCarthy is holding them back.

49ers also have a lot of talent and legit playoff experience. Not an easy out by any means.

although everyone seems to be picking the 49ers, which makes me like Dallas.

But I could totally see Jerry getting rid of McCarthy. Jerry is running out of time to win another one. 

I don’t think he’ll fire McCarthy if they lose today. Jerry hasn’t really been impulsive firing coaches like the Giants etc. Dallas had a pretty good year in 2021 regular season and unless there are issues behind the scenes I doubt he’ll fire him after only 2 years. 

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Jerry and co. are terrified that they are going to lose Moore if they don’t find an excuse to promote him.  It wouldn’t shock me at all if this happens.

He can be assistant head coach and big raise 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

49ers also have a lot of talent and legit playoff experience. Not an easy out by any means.

although everyone seems to be picking the 49ers, which makes me like Dallas.

But I could totally see Jerry getting rid of McCarthy. Jerry is running out of time to win another one. 

The Hess factor 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1