McCarthy in a must win today?

People still think Jets would have been better off with McCarthy and the Jets when this idiot can't win a playoff game with Dak/Zeke/Pollard/Cooper/Lamb/Schultz/Gallup/Wilson/Micah/Diggs etc..?

Gase is horrible but so is McCarthy. He has been lucky to have guys like Dak/Rodgers carry him. He seems to the thing that gets in THEIR way of success. 

• Upvote 4

Jerry Jones always falls in love with his offensive coordinators. Kellen Moore is being treated as the heir apparent. Weird situation for McCarthey to be in knowing that Jones is going to eventually give him your job lol. 

This loss might expedite the process. Didn't Jerry Jones do the same thing to Wade Phillips with Jason Garrett?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Jerry Jones always falls in love with his offensive coordinators. Kellen Moore is being treated as the heir apparent. Weird situation for McCarthey to be in knowing that Jones is going to eventually give him your job lol. 

This loss might expedite the process. Didn't Jerry Jones do the same thing to Wade Phillips with Jason Garrett?

Jones had a love affair with Garrett as a coach from the start. Phillips was not good in Dallas. For as much as I am not a McCarthy fan he at least had the team in the playoffs. 

But lol that ending. 

10 hours ago, BRONX DUDE said:

JERRY JONES AINT GONNA LIVE FOREVER!!

He wants a damn SUPER BOWL!!!

The guy doesn't deserve any more Superbowls after he let his ego get in the way when he fired Jimmy Johnson.  He did win another with Switzer but it's been a long time since then.

McCarthy was pretty bad today. Dak also wasn't good. Too many times I saw open lanes for him to run and he held the ball and got sacked or incomplete pass then he runs at the end of the game - duh. Way too many penalties for Dallas to win but I mostly blame McCarthy for a lousy game plan and being waaay too conservative.

5 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

7 times I’ve checked this game. 7 commercials.

Let’s be honest, the NFL product is highly questionable right now.  

The officiating is an incoherent mess and I feel like broadcasting is possibly at an all time low - Al Michaels is past it, Romo talks like he always just did a line, tons of awful ex-athlete color commentators, etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Let’s be honest, the NFL product is highly questionable right now.  

The officiating is an incoherent mess and I feel like broadcasting is possibly at an all time low - Al Michaels is past it, Romo talks like he always just did a line, tons of awful ex-athlete color commentators, etc. 

what’s alarming is that viewership is at an all time high. The league has no incentive to change anything. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, PS17 said:

what’s alarming is that viewership is at an all time high. The league has no incentive to change anything. 

Absolutely. The NFL gets to double down on whatever it wants because it prints money.

they got us and they know it. And to be fair, there are some amazing athletes playing right now - don’t want to take anything away from the talent  

49 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Everyone is addicted to gambling even the 15 year old's who play Draft Kings....they got people watching now who don't even care who wins or loses.

45 minutes ago, undertow said:

Everyone is addicted to gambling even the 15 year old's who play Draft Kings....they got people watching now who don't even care who wins or loses.

What you’re saying is spot on. I’m a big baseball and football card collector. I still do it to collect my favorite players and enjoy it and want to share it with my kid one day… now a days, people don’t even know how to pronounce player names, they just care about the value of the card. It ruins the hobby. Very similar to what you describe.

10 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Jones had a love affair with Garrett as a coach from the start. Phillips was not good in Dallas. For as much as I am not a McCarthy fan he at least had the team in the playoffs. 

But lol that ending. 

Phillips made the playoffs twice, won 13, 9 & 11 games in his three seasons.  

McCarthy has won 6 & 12 game in his two seasons is a much weaker NFCE.

Jones wishes he still had Phillips